Author Topic: Hindus & Jews Press Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomew To Advocate Roma Cause  (Read 3529 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
RENO, NV — (OfficialWire) — 01/18/09 — Hindus and Jews have jointly asked Orthodox Patriarch Bartholomew to wholeheartedly and urgently come out in support of long suffering Roma populace of Europe, who reportedly live under apartheid.

Acclaimed Hindu statesman Rajan Zed and prominent Rabbi Jonathan B. Freirich, in a joint statement in Nevada (USA) today, said that since Patriarch Bartholomew enjoyed considerable influence in many parts of Europe where Roma live, his support for Roma cause would prove very effective in their upliftment, inclusion and integration, and bringing them at par with rest of European population.

Zed and Rabbi Freirich argued that there was reportedly brazen structural discrimination of Roma in education, housing access, property rights, etc., in Europe. Anti-Roma attitude even showed sometimes in official speeches. According to an estimate, less than one percent of Roma children attended postsecondary education.

As one of the leading religious figures of the world, it was Patriarch Bartholomew’s moral obligation to work to stop human rights violations regularly suffered by this distinct ethnic and cultural group of Roma whose maltreatment was outside even the European Union norms, Zed and Rabbi Freirich pointed out.

Rajan Zed, who is president of Universal Society of Hinduism, said that religions could not stay apathetic to societal truths. He stressed that it was not moral to remain unconcerned when fellow human beings were facing blatant injustice and discrimination right under our nose in Europe, and urged Patriarch Bartholomew and other world religions and religious leaders to show strong will, courage, and commitment in support of Roma cause.

His All Holiness, Bartholomew, Archbishop of Constantinople, New Rome and Ecumenical Patriarch is the 270th successor to the Apostle Andrew and spiritual leader of about 300 million Orthodox Christians worldwide. Hinduism, oldest and third largest religion of the world, has about one billion followers and moksha (liberation) is its ultimate goal. Judaism is a monotheistic religion of world’s about 14 million Jews whose most sacred text is Torah.

http://www.officialwire.com/main.php?action=posted_news&rid=84575&catid=3

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
Roma are the descendants of the ancient huge army of Hindu Warriors from India who invaded and destroyed Muslamic Tatarstan from the map of the world forever.

The Roma had originally planned and moved to retaliate against the original and real center of Muslamics at Arab. But it was unfortunate that at Syria they were misguided and informed that real center of Muslamics was to the north at Tatarstan as it was the birthplace of Taimurlane. 

So from Syria, instead of advancing to the south, the misguided Roma advanced to north and retaliated against Muslamic Tatarstan and completely obliterated it.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
thanks for the info syyuge

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Gypsies
"There are some 15 million Roms dispersed across the world"

infact, looking up Gypsie, it often says  Romani people.. Maybe most gypsie families are romani. Other types are itish, and new age travellers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gypsy
"Gypsy has several different and overlapping meanings under English Law. Under the Caravan Sites and Control of Development Act 1960 Gypsies are defined as "persons of nomadic habit of life, whatever their race or origin, but does not include members of an organised group of travelling showmen, or persons engaged in travelling circuses, travelling together as such.",[5] this definition includes such groups as New Age Travellers, as well as Irish Travellers and Romany"

According to this forum post
http://indiaculture.net/talk/messages/128/11854.html?1218922976
"The term and title 'Gypsy' is a name used for Egyptians. Due to their dark appearance, the Roms were thought to be Egyptian.
When someone refers to travellers as being Gypsies they are basically saying 'Egyptians'.  "
it also says
"Roms in the UK are often very rich and usually own their own businesses. The next generation children often excel academically."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/gypsy
1.    a member of a nomadic, Caucasoid people of generally swarthy complexion, who migrated originally from India, settling in various parts of Asia, Europe, and, most recently, North America.
2.    Romany; the language of the Gypsies.
3.    (lowercase) a person held to resemble a gypsy, esp. in physical characteristics or in a traditionally ascribed freedom or inclination to move from place to place.

http://dictionary.cambridge.org
gypsy, gipsy   Show phonetics
noun [C] (UK ALSO Romany)
a member of a race of people originally from northern India who typically used to travel from place to place, and now live especially in Europe and North America:

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
http://www.romani.org/

QUOTE>> Although the Romani people are often referred to as "Gypsies" (and prefer to be called by their more proper designation, Roma), not all "gypsies" or nomadic peoples are Roma. The Roma are descendants of the ancient warrior classes of Northern India, particularly the Punjab, and they are identifiable by their language, religion, and customs, which can be directly linked to those of the Punjabi in northern India.<<UNQUOTE
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
Roma and Sinti are imo not the worst kind of people, but there is a certain distance between the western culture and the nomadic Roma and Sinti culture.

The Gypsis have in many cases great problems because of cultural reasons to become a part of western societies.

But there are in many cases two sides responsible for. To talk about apartheid is wrong.

I have had during my childhood some gypsies as friends. Generally spoken nice people, but their families settled down in Hamburg and didn't moved in caravans.

I hope really that they will be as soon as possible a fully integrated part of European societies.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
Roma and Sinti are imo not the worst kind of people, but there is a certain distance between the western culture and the nomadic Roma and Sinti culture.

The Gypsis have in many cases great problems because of cultural reasons to become a part of western societies.

But there are in many cases two sides responsible for. To talk about apartheid is wrong.

I have had during my childhood some gypsies as friends. Generally spoken nice people, but their families settled down in Hamburg and didn't moved in caravans.

I hope really that they will be as soon as possible a fully integrated part of European societies.

do you think there's anything wrong with living in a caravan?  houses are very expensive.

I guess govts want people to earn lots so they can be taxed alot.. and get them to own or rent a proper property - taxing them on it.

There must be legit caravan sites though.. no reason for them to go where people don't want them.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

do you think there's anything wrong with living in a caravan?  houses are very expensive.

I guess govts want people to earn lots so they can be taxed alot.. and get them to own or rent a proper property - taxing them on it.

There must be legit caravan sites though.. no reason for them to go where people don't want them.

Generally I think there is nothing wrong. But in Europe is nearly every part of the land today in private hands. So there are obviously caused a lot of conflicts.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani