Author Topic: I am moving to Israel next Summer  (Read 3225 times)

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Re: I am moving to Israel next Summer
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 12:53:17 PM »
Wow!  Israel will be better place with you there!
It takes a really great person to make a change like that.

The thing that shocked me was just how cheap I can do it for.

Really? 
I didn't know Israel had a consulate on Mercer Island too. 

No the meeting was at the JCC
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2009, 12:55:11 PM »
B"H

David,

Much success to you.

I take it you will be going to university first, and then moving to the Golan.

The "Orthodox" university closest to the Golan is Bar Ilan, a good several hours away.

You will have to do "mechinah" {a preparatory semester} first, past a Hebrew requirement {eventually}, get an IDF deferment, take admissions tests, and get accepted into your major course of study.

I'm not sure if you had another college in mind.

Anyway, there's lot's to say....

I have heard good things about Nefesh b'Nefesh, but make sure you contact veteran olim, like myself, so that you can be informed of the "fine print."

I have been here almost 12 years, have lived all over, and have learned a lot the hard way.  Mostly, I have found that new immigrants from North America get the most help from veteran North American immigrants.

I am happy to answer your questions.  Maybe you'll want to make a pilgrimage to Tapu'ah when you get here, too.

:)

I am going to attend the Orthodox University but I am attending the Campus in Kyiat Arba I am going to study practical Software. I want to live in the Golan or a large Settlement in Judea or Samaria
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline yaaqov

• Full JTFer
    • Esser Agaroth
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2009, 01:18:28 PM »
I am going to attend the Orthodox University but I am attending the Campus in Kyiat Arba I am going to study practical Software. I want to live in the Golan or a large Settlement in Judea or Samaria

OK.  But, after Hevron, as a self-proclaimed "Kahanist," you will of course be expected to make the pilgrimage to K'far Tapu'ah, Tapu'ah West {Elnaqam Gimmel}, and visit Jews working the land, and visit the site of the beth kenesseth the IDF destroyed.

Well, you don't HAVE to, but, well,...you know.

Check out Voice Of Judea's YouTube page and Shabbath for information on Shabbath in Tapu'ah and the Motza"Sh concerts here.

;D
Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2009, 01:53:46 PM »

You know it. My biggest regret from my recent trip to Israel is that I didn't get to see Hevron. I really want to see Israel's heartland.

OK.  But, after Hevron, as a self-proclaimed "Kahanist," you will of course be expected to make the pilgrimage to K'far Tapu'ah, Tapu'ah West {Elnaqam Gimmel}, and visit Jews working the land, and visit the site of the beth kenesseth the IDF destroyed.

Well, you don't HAVE to, but, well,...you know.

Check out Voice Of Judea's YouTube page and Shabbath for information on Shabbath in Tapu'ah and the Motza"Sh concerts here.

;D
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2009, 07:25:14 AM »
Good Luck, hope you find your silver lining.  I would love to go to Israel too, inspite of the crazy terrorists.    I want to experience the culture, the land, the holy sites, the merchants and see the wonderful landscapes, and the sea of Gallilee, Herod's ruins, and the Temple Mount.

I know many have said visiting Israel affected them greatly, they were never the same, seeing where the Messiah and his disciples walked.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »
Wow, I wish you sucess to settle down in Israel.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline yaaqov

• Full JTFer
    • Esser Agaroth
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »

I know many have said visiting Israel affected them greatly, they were never the same, seeing where the Messiah and his disciples walked.

Excuse me?

I know that JTF is friendly to Christian friends, but I refuse to believe the propagation of Christian {ie. lies and avodah zarah} beliefs on this forum.

Am I wrong?
Ya'aqov Ben-Yehudah

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 06:56:56 PM »
Good Luck, hope you find your silver lining.  I would love to go to Israel too, inspite of the crazy terrorists.    I want to experience the culture, the land, the holy sites, the merchants and see the wonderful landscapes, and the sea of Gallilee, Herod's ruins, and the Temple Mount.

Yes I can say the same after spending a month there last year I am forever changed. A single rock or piece of dirt is so holy. Everything from hiking in the Golan to Friday Night Prayers at the Kotel it is so special.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2009, 05:29:03 PM »
I agree 100% this didn't offend me or make me change my views. I think what she wrote was 100% out of love for the land and not to impose her views.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 05:44:37 PM »
B''H I am so excited. I attended a Nefesh B'Nefesh meeting last night and it went great the Israeli Consulate came to Mercer Island and gave me so much reading material and information. And there was a speech about the New Israeli Tax policy put into place in 2003. I am going to get my Bachelors Degree at an Orthodox Univerity. I want to live in the Golan Heights. The beafets are so great. Free One Way Ticket, Free 5 month Ulpan, Free University, Free Job Training and Job assistance.

Wish Me Luck.

Mazeltov ! I am happy for you and I hope one day I can go to Israel and see my second cousins again. My mom has been there 2 times, my niece 3 times.
I wish you a wonderful and safe journey to Israel !      :israel:

Shalom - Dox