Author Topic: A deadline lost in the smoke of Obama's inauguration.  (Read 314 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
A deadline lost in the smoke of Obama's inauguration.
« on: January 21, 2009, 08:36:58 PM »
As to the subject line, I'm referring to what might have been the last opportunity to forestall an Iranian nuclear device, now that GWB has blown town.

ALL accounts that I've seen recently suggest that the Iranians are perhaps a year aware from a crude but functional fission device.  And there can be little doubt that our new president is invested in the premise that negotiations will settle all ills.  I find it impossible to believe that the Iranians would willingly surrender a program this close to fruition.  Even so-called moderates in Iran would refuse to give away the stick that can be used by their mad mullahs to decimate Israel and if necessary their muslim rivals, especially when that stick was bought at such a high price.

As for what's to be done, I suspect that our new leadership in Washington simply pulls the blankets over their collective heads at night.  Then again, I saw no good ideas from the old leadership either.