Author Topic: Ask Golani Zionist  (Read 15290 times)

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
Ask Golani Zionist
« on: February 01, 2010, 01:08:56 AM »
Shoot your questions over...

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Ask Golani Zionist
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 01:09:48 AM »
Do you currently live in Israel?
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 01:27:46 AM »
No I don't unfortunately, I live in Canada.  I plan to return to live in Israel before 2012 though.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 05:23:58 PM »
What got you out of the Land of Milk and Honey in the first place?
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:22:33 PM »
Hi Golani Zionist,

Shalom!

Do you think the Merkava tank, a failure?

I heard during the Israel-Hezbolah war only 2 Merkava tanks were completely destroyed by anti-tank missiles and those were not Merkava-4 version.  However muslims think all Merkava models are a failure?  Are Merkava-4 models attached with "iron fist"?

Thanks!

CZ
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 11:53:20 PM »
What got you out of the Land of Milk and Honey in the first place?

well to be honest with you I had just finished serving my time in the army, fought hezbollah and seen friends die, let alone had near death experiences while up in south Lebanon (was bombed and shot at numerous times).  And less then a year after i finished the army, ehud barak becomes prime minister, retreats the idf out of lebanon like a coward, which basically was the cause of the second initifada.  anyways, they called me back to fight, now against the palestinian uprisiing in yehuda and shomron, and to be straight up, i simply wasnt into it, i didnt want to go back and risk my life once again, all because of the stupid cowardly policies of a left wing government!  so i left and came back to Canada where i was born and lived the majority of my life.  my family live in Israel still, and i'll be back there soon enough...my soul is not complete until I return and find a wife.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2010, 12:01:02 AM »
Hi Golani Zionist,

Shalom!

Do you think the Merkava tank, a failure?

I heard during the Israel-Hezbolah war only 2 Merkava tanks were completely destroyed by anti-tank missiles and those were not Merkava-4 version.  However muslims think all Merkava models are a failure?  Are Merkava-4 models attached with "iron fist"?

Thanks!

CZ

I'm not an expert on the Merkava tanks, but I do know that they are very good in the field.  I can share with you an experience I had while serving in south Lebanon in the late 90's.  The fort my platoon was holding down was attacked with a bombardment of mortar shells  from a hezbollah position across the valley. 3 of our soliders died (may they rest in peace), and the whole fort was shaking.  I was firing my machine gun into the night, not seeing anything i was firing at, but what else was I to do besides fire my weapon towards the direction of the enemy positon.  Anyways, I thought we were all doomed, and we very well might of been, because the whole area around the fort was being bombarded with mortar shells, and we took a few direct hits as well.  What ended up saving us was a Merkava tank (Thanks to Hashem), they made their way over to our position very quick, and began firing at the Hezbollah position, until the mortars stopped dropping! :) 

Offline Edward

• Senior JTFer
  • יברך אלוהים את אמריקה ואת ישראל וכל אוהבי ע&a
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2010, 07:36:48 AM »
What's the speciality of the Golani Unit?

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 03:05:10 AM »
What's the speciality of the Golani Unit?

The Golani Brigade is the 1st infantry brigade of the Israeli Defence Forces.  They are usually deployed in the northern broder region of Israel and would defend the north in a war.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »
Sorry for asking such a basic question, but what is a Golani Zionist?

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 05:50:59 PM »
Shalom, That was an awesome real life story Golani Zionist.  Thank God, you got saved from Hezbollah fire.

What is the specific difference between Golani and Givati brigades?

I have read about Arab soldiers in IDF known as Abu Gosh commandos?  How do Arabs serve with Jews in IDF?   Can they be trusted?

What about women soldiers?  Will they be sent out of Israel's borders to fight in the event of a war?

Thanks!

CZ
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2010, 01:01:21 AM »

A Golani Zionist is a Zionist such as myself that has served in the Golani Brigade.  I became a warrior of the Hebrew nation during my time in the Golani Brigade, and it has impacted me in many ways.  Therfore, I relate the name Golani Zionist to a warrior Zionist.  There are many types of Zionists as we see here in the forum, i'm the type of Zionist that has and would take up arms for my nation, in the same spirit as the ancient biblical Hebrew warriors.

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2010, 01:32:34 AM »
Shalom, That was an awesome real life story Golani Zionist.  Thank G-d, you got saved from Hezbollah fire.

What is the specific difference between Golani and Givati brigades?

I have read about Arab soldiers in IDF known as Abu Gosh commandos?  How do Arabs serve with Jews in IDF?   Can they be trusted?

What about women soldiers?  Will they be sent out of Israel's borders to fight in the event of a war?

Thanks!

CZ

Shalom CZ!
Yes Baruch Hashem Toda La El that I was saved that night.  Anything could of happend, we were very deep into south Lebanon in an area that was known at the time and certanly now as  "Hezbollah land".  The South Lebanese Army that were our supposed allies in the region, had no doubtly sold us out and set up the ambush that Hezbollah managed to pull off on us that night!  3 good Jewish fighters died that night, may Hashem avenge their deaths!

To answer your questions...

Givati and Golani are both infantry brigades in the I.D.F.  Golani is 1st infantry foot soldiers, and Givati are better trained for marine invasions, like charging in from the sea.  But in what we did in Lebanon and also in Judea and Samaria, the only real difference is the different areas the 2 brigades patrol and hold down.  Golani has a longer history as well, and is the most decorated infantry brigade in the I.D.F's history! There are some really remarkable stories of heroic Golani soldiers that sacrificed their own lives to save the lives of their comrades, and stories of intense battles that they won while capturing the Golan Heights from Syria.  In Israel theres a place called The Golani Juncture where theirs an actual museum dedicated to the history of the Golani Brigade. 

Yes there are arab soldiers in the I.D.F.  The majority of them are Bedouin trackers.  They are used primarlily to track infiltrators from Egypt or Lebanon along the border.  In Lebanon they would usually track for Hezbollah tracks along our roads looking for bombs.
Whats good is that they dont usually mix the arab units with the rest of the I.D.F., meaning they will do basic training and their active duty with their own kind.  However Druze soldiers are common in the I.D.F, and I served with some in Golani.  They arent really Arabs but do speak Arabic.  Regardless, Druze are loyal to the state and are by and large good soldiers.  The muslim/bedouin arab soldiers i'm not so sure about, and NO I personally wouldnt trust them.

Women soldiers I do believe would be sent out if they are part of a unit that is called up for battle.  I dont know much about this though to be honest with you, all i do know is that when I was in the army, women were only allowed to teach us men how to use certain weapons and so on, they were great teachers that knew their tools of war very well, and i'm sure they could kick butt if need be.  Mind you i'm not so sure I agree with putting our women in battle, but better they know how to fight then not know.

« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 01:37:41 AM by Golani Zionist »

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2010, 02:02:39 AM »

A Golani Zionist is a Zionist such as myself that has served in the Golani Brigade.  I became a warrior of the Hebrew nation during my time in the Golani Brigade, and it has impacted me in many ways.  Therfore, I relate the name Golani Zionist to a warrior Zionist.  There are many types of Zionists as we see here in the forum, i'm the type of Zionist that has and would take up arms for my nation, in the same spirit as the ancient biblical Hebrew warriors.

Thank you for your response Golani Zionist.  That's very interesting

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2010, 12:26:32 PM »

Thank you for your response Golani Zionist.  That's very interesting

my pleasure!