Author Topic: Go See Defiance It's a Good Film  (Read 426 times)

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Go See Defiance It's a Good Film
« on: January 25, 2009, 11:07:06 PM »

I just saw the film Defiance. It's good. It's about Jews in Russia during WWII that escaped the Nazi's by going into the woods, surviving, arming themselves, and then giving the Nazi's hell.

G*d forbid it would ever happen, but I could see us JTFer's doing the same under similar the circumstances.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Go See Defiance It's a Good Film
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »
Great movie. I watched it twice.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 11:35:22 PM »
I cant wait to see it when it comes out on DVD.   The Nazi butchering of Russia is sort of an untold story, and is one of the saddest tragedies of all time.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 11:40:35 PM »
Yes, there was even a "Battle of Uman" during WWII during the Operation Barbarossa which opened up the Eastern front.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Uman

"
The "Battle of Uman"[1] (July 15, 1941 – August 8, 1941) was an English name given to the German encirclement of the 6th (General Lieutenant I.N. Muzyrchenko) and 12th (General Major P.G. Ponedelin) Soviet armies south of the city of Uman during the initial offensive operations of the Army Group South commanded by General Gerd von Rundstedt as part of Operation Barbarossa on the Eastern Front of World War II.

The battles resulted during the Kiev defensive operation by the elements of the Red Army's Southwestern Front defending the Southern Bug bridges and the strategic rail road between Odessa and Smolensk, and the offensives by the elements of the German 1st Panzer Group in Western Ukraine during the later's advance from southern Poland to Crimea.

The Soviet forces were under overall command of the Southwestern Direction, commanded by Marshal Semyon Budyonny, which included the Southwestern Front commanded by Colonel General Mikhail Kirponos. The headquarters and many subunits of the 12th Army were able to evade the encirclement due to the inability of the German infantry formations to fully close the cauldron, however both armies were later disbanded, and escaping troops were incorporated into other units. This was among the large Axis encirclements that were executed against the Red Army in the First period of World War II.
"
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 12:04:02 AM »
I've seen it in theatre and downloaded a DVD rip of the movie, I will also get it on bluray when it is released, very good movie indeed.