Author Topic: Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World  (Read 3270 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2009, 03:33:46 PM »
Hey you guys... I'll make a bet with you.  10 bucks says it WONT create a black hole that will engulf the earth.

Its win-win for me.  If it doesn't I get 10 bucks... and if the earth does dissapear... I wont be around to have to pay anything!!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2009, 03:37:18 PM »
Hey you guys... I'll make a bet with you.  10 bucks says it WONT create a black hole that will engulf the earth.

Its win-win for me.  If it doesn't I get 10 bucks... and if the earth does dissapear... I wont be around to have to pay anything!!!!

And if the earth doesnt explode it will make the Scientists head larger and they will be emboldened to become more reckless with nature.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2009, 03:39:39 PM »
Hey you guys... I'll make a bet with you.  10 bucks says it WONT create a black hole that will engulf the earth.

Its win-win for me.  If it doesn't I get 10 bucks... and if the earth does dissapear... I wont be around to have to pay anything!!!!
And if the earth doesnt explode it will make the Scientists head larger and they will be emboldened to become more reckless with nature.

Does Judaism allow for the earth to explode? I mean could that fit in with a Jewish worldview? I thought Israel was eternal.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2009, 03:42:13 PM »

Does Judaism allow for the earth to explode? I mean could that fit in with a Jewish worldview? I thought Israel was eternal.

This is true... I dont think the earth will explode... But there are other ways we can suffer for the deeds of the scientists. If Hashem has to perform a miracle to save the world he will.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »

This is true... I dont think the earth will explode... But there are other ways we can suffer for the deeds of the scientists. If Hashem has to perform a miracle to save the world he will.

Technically, the world would IMPLODE. The black hole would become so heavy it would sink to the center of the earth, then suck the earth in from the inside. What we'd be left with is a black hole about the size of a golf ball. Not sure if it would suck in the moon too, or if the moon would simply orbit the golf ball sized black hole.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2009, 03:54:47 PM »

Technically, the world would IMPLODE. The black hole would become so heavy it would sink to the center of the earth, then suck the earth in from the inside. What we'd be left with is a black hole about the size of a golf ball. Not sure if it would suck in the moon too, or if the moon would simply orbit the golf ball sized black hole.
Like I said, we are not ready to experiment with something like a worm hole. We need to do more research.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2009, 04:35:27 PM »

Actually.. I remember watching something about this... and they assumed that the moon would just continue to orbit the earth.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2009, 06:08:12 PM »
Whether or not it does swallow the earth, it is an insane experiment, I have watched a 2hour documentary on black holes, and these things are unpredictable phenomenons, its nothing to experiment with. At least not yet. They think that they can make time travel, that's how insane this is.

Stange as it may seem, Time travel does not violate any of the laws of nature. What is missing is the energy source and some of the hardware that is required to protect a human during the transit. Look up some of the new Nova shows on the topic, they are very good.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2009, 06:13:04 PM »
I will go out on a limb and suggest that time travel will not be possible. If time travel is possible it will negate much of our understanding of Hashem, that he created this linear world of process and a second world of being. How can something exist before it was born or created? How can something which is dead exist in the future? It makes no sense to my understanding.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2009, 06:23:24 PM »

Like I said, we are not ready to experiment with something like a worm hole. We need to do more research.

Black holes and worm holes are two very different things. A wormhole is a shortcut though normal space that would allow for very fast transit between two distant points in spacetime. A black hole is a gap in the fabric of spacetime caused by the gravitational colapse of a large stellar object. very small black holes are also formed on a regular basis in nature by the spontaneous decay of exotic particles.

The LHC will allow for the study of exotic particles and energy in a very controlled way. Any of the energies or particles that are created will dissipate very quickly (fractions of a second) and pose no danger. Interestlyly, if this type of reaction could be sustained, it would allow for the use of vacuum or zero point energy as an energy source. As this type of energy is contained within the very fabric of spacetime, it is potently an inexhaustible power source.  

Additionally, The LHC will give us a very good picture of the multiverse on the very small scale. This could lead to vast advances in computers, and other tech.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2009, 06:26:48 PM »
I will go out on a limb and suggest that time travel will not be possible. If time travel is possible it will negate much of our understanding of Hashem, that he created this linear world of process and a second world of being. How can something exist before it was born or created? How can something which is dead exist in the future? It makes no sense to my understanding.

We all time travel already. Time flows at a faster or slower rate depending on where you are located and the speed at which you are traveling. this happens on a very small but mesureable scale, but it has been proven.

The Doctor

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2009, 08:34:22 PM »

We all time travel already. Time flows at a faster or slower rate depending on where you are located and the speed at which you are traveling. this happens on a very small but mesureable scale, but it has been proven.

Yes, only in the forward direction... Have you ever travelled back in time? I haven't...

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2009, 09:40:36 PM »

Yes, only in the forward direction... Have you ever travelled back in time? I haven't...

It is resonable to asume that the correct response to this is yes...some of the newest studies on dark energy and matter sugest mirco jumps back and forth.

The Doctor

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2009, 10:40:32 PM »
I think it would be hilarious if they put up a sign in a research room at the supercollider that said "Caution: Doomsday in Progress".

There are many ways we can benefit from these "deeds" as well.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2009, 10:43:32 PM »
I think it would be hilarious if they put up a sign in a research room at the supercollider that said "Caution: Doomsday in Progress".

There is a sign in the Norad complex that says "Stargate Command". Its realy a coat closet

The Doctor

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2009, 10:44:37 PM »

There is a sign in the Norad complex that says "Stargate Command". Its realy a coat closet

Great :)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2009, 10:47:10 PM »
Let's hope a black hole will soon swallow the butcher Gayhud Holemert (yimach schmo vezichro).