Author Topic: after many people asked...  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

• Junior JTFer
after many people asked...
« on: January 28, 2009, 09:47:38 AM »
To Hashem is the earth and its fullness,

I finally made a video about Reb Meir Kahane.

Many of these facts I learned here or on sites

I found because of this one.

I am looking for any corrections or of course

constructive critisism.

May G-d Almighty bless and protect his people, Israel.

Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: after many people asked...
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2009, 10:00:19 AM »
Yes i saw it and commented
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 10:15:33 AM »
generally very good...

one mistake was a bit annoying, and one or two very minor mistakes.. But nothing serious.  (you said he spoke to himself and the person that weas transcribing.. i don't think you mentioned this was in te knesset.. where all other politicians walked out.  he did of course have a big audience in the population , he was very popular, they carried him on a chair singing kahane melech yisrael).   The first intifada started in   1987.. so he was around then, though he did speak before that.. and obviously arabs were killing jews long before anyway..  You spoke a bit too much about arafat..
rambled a bit.

But a very important message that you presented well.  Your demeanor was very good.

And your point that you want peace but it matters what they believe, how do you respond to that.  (obviously I know what you mean and don't mean). And it's a good point.. Alot of people just say why can't we all have peace.. hold hands e.t.c. being naiive about others, that they have real enemies that won't go along with it.

Where did you read the point you made about Amos?
about not being a prophet but being a prophet and predicting his own death?

you didn't mention the 40 years.. so i'm guessing it was another context..

Offline Ronen Levi Yitzchak Segal

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 10:53:08 AM »

The Amos line I learned here I believe from mord if I'm not mistaken.  The same person also said that it was hard for him to listen to his last speech because he predicted his own assisination.

Point well taken about (may Hashem erase his name).  I was so glad to go to shul on the Shabbos after he died and here the rabbi rant and rave how pathetic it was that this man got so much honor when he died.  This always gets me a little emotional.

But I think it does point out that while a tzadik like Reb Meir (may Hashem avenge his blood) is still misunderstood and people are still scared to openly associate with him, there is nothing globably worng with being on the side of the haters of Israel.  I love pointing out the 1939 Nobel Peace Prize recipient.  They in fact changed their minds a few months later (maybe when he annexed Poland) but this is a fact.  Let them later come and give that "prize" to anyone they want.  It only puts them in the same boat with the most evil man in history.

Oh, I did forget the 40 years.  His point was after 40 years of the State Hashem was somehow going to judge if it were what he wanted, right?

Well, hopefully this will lead to some comments on my channel and if need be I'll even make another one.  I always respond to the comments, though so that will give me a chance to spread more light about this subject.

Thanks for the feedback and G-d bless.

Mord - thanks for the positive feedback...

Do you guys think I should put jtf.org as a tag? I don't want to upset Chiam and am not sure he wants this video associated with this site.  Perhaps I will just wait for his permission...

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 10:59:31 AM »
I thought it was a good video.  I rated it and left feedback.   
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 11:25:05 AM »
I think the video is quite good. Great job :clap:
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 11:36:04 AM »

The Amos line I learned here I believe from mord if I'm not mistaken.  The same person also said that it was hard for him to listen to his last speech because he predicted his own assisination.

Mord?

Oh, I did forget the 40 years.  His point was after 40 years of the State Hashem was somehow going to judge if it were what he wanted, right?

he wrote that there is historical precedent in tenach,  with the number 40 and G-d's warnings.. And he predicted that after a 40 year period from israel's founding, could be 38 years, could be 42  , he said, G-d , he fears, may udge israel harshly..   there could be a catastrophe..  And the warnings will stop.
He was murdered in 1990, 42 years after his death.

I don't know if he spoke of 40 years in his last speech or predicted anything there. See if Mord knows since you think he told you..

Interestingly, I read that the lawyer Barry Slotnick , who must have known rabbi kahane well, said that rabbi kahane knew he would be assassinated. I wouldn't brag about such a prediction.. Though the 40 years thing is interesting.and he wrote 42.. which was exactly when tragedy happened and the warnings stopped.  I think he wrote it, in the book "40 years".  He always said he was doing G-d's work, warning people.. .  Of course though he id more thna warn, he tried to change things. .

Well, hopefully this will lead to some comments on my channel and if need be I'll even make another one.  I always respond to the comments, though so that will give me a chance to spread more light about this subject.

Thanks for the feedback and G-d bless.

Mord - thanks for the positive feedback...

Do you guys think I should put jtf.org as a tag? I don't want to upset Chiam and am not sure he wants this video associated with this site.  Perhaps I will just wait for his permission...
[/quote]