Author Topic: Photos/Avatars for JTFers  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Photos/Avatars for JTFers
« on: January 26, 2009, 06:42:37 AM »
For the JTFers who haven't already done so, I suggest JTFers put an avatar/photo and signature for their posts.  It helps to associate people with their posts (personalization) and helps the community.  IMHO.
Plus it can be amusing. :laugh:
I finally added mine today.  I hope JTFers appreciate it!  I always appreciate others' photos, avatars, signatures and/or quotes. 

:)

It's fairly easy to do.  Go to "USER CP" and upload a photo or web address of the image you'd like to use, along with some text!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 06:49:38 AM by xoce »
aka Someone Else

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Re: Photos/Avatars for JTFers
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:21:26 AM »
In the last few days or so i realized there is some rule about avatars/sigg. One cannot show their religious affiliation other than Judaism. I have been using this avatar of Om symbol of mine ever since i joined. But not one JTF moderator or admin have objected to it. I want to thank them for being so tolerant with me on this issue. I'm very pleased.

Thank You JTF.

ps:
But still if anyone want this avatar of mine to be removed, i would have no objection in removing it. So till then Shal-Om  :)

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:22:04 AM »
For the JTFers who haven't already done so, I suggest JTFers put an avatar/photo and signature for their posts.  It helps to associate people with their posts (personalization) and helps the community.  IMHO.
Plus it can be amusing. :laugh:
I finally added mine today.  I hope JTFers appreciate it!  I always appreciate others' photos, avatars, signatures and/or quotes. 

:)

It's fairly easy to do.  Go to "USER CP" and upload a photo or web address of the image you'd like to use, along with some text!

No personal photo. some users have had problems.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 11:22:55 AM »
No personal photo. some users have had problems.

I agree.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2009, 11:26:26 AM »
Clearly, I never advocated putting up an accurate, personal, headshot of actual JTFers.  (do so at your own peril!!!)
Uploading a PHOTO- whether it be a photo of a gun, a flower, a dog is perfectly fine.
Just in case some JTFers were confused.
 :::D
aka Someone Else

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 03:44:55 AM »
   Great idea,  xoce.

The avatar that I chose is a photo in Governor Sarah Palin's office in Juneau.    Though it's very difficult to see on this smaller version of the photo,    this is a photo with an Israeli flag in the background.        Below,   I'll post a link to the actual photo.

Basically,    I chose this photo because it ties into the JTF theme of attempting to save America,   Israel,  and Western Civilization.   And that Gov. Palin is a righteous person.         If this avatar isn't appropriate,   just let me know and I'll gladly change it.

http://iusbvision.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/palin-flag.jpg

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 03:52:06 AM »
excellent photo choice, eb!!! :) :dance: :israel:
aka Someone Else

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2009, 03:54:36 AM »
Thanks,  xoce!
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline q_q_

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2009, 06:10:18 AM »
Clearly, I never advocated putting up an accurate, personal, headshot of actual JTFers.  (do so at your own peril!!!)
Uploading a PHOTO- whether it be a photo of a gun, a flower, a dog is perfectly fine.
Just in case some JTFers were confused.
 :::D

When you write a post, you have to remember that people read it.

I don't know how old you are or how bad your english is. But many people when they think of photos, don't think of some image pulled off of google. They think of a photo they take.. and photos people take are often personal. Clearly when one talks of photos, they are often of people.. Particularly a "photo" for a profile.

And given the risks. You should have made clear people should not use images of themselves.

You have to think about the obvious interpretations to what you say. You left things dangerously open.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2009, 06:27:52 AM »
 :laugh: ::)

Dilemma:  The photo I linked to for my signature does not show up.  Why is this? HELP ME PLEASE!!!

http://www.demotivateus.com/posters/liberals-gun-moral-poster-liberal-demotivational-poster-view.jpg is the link.
aka Someone Else

Offline P J C

• Master JTFer
  • Liberty and Justice for All
    • Take Back the West
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2009, 06:56:24 AM »
I change my avatar evry 3 or 4 months just to spice things up a bit. I ran into some trouble (understandably so) when I put a picture of Jesus in my signature, so just be careful.
"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2009, 07:02:39 AM »
Thank you for the advice, pro Jew Catholic,
Do you think the image of a gun barrel is maybe not acceptable at JTF?
I would be surprised if it is!
But I can surely find other images to use.
aka Someone Else