Author Topic: Gold ends at six-month high on safe-haven buying  (Read 722 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Gold ends at six-month high on safe-haven buying
« on: February 01, 2009, 01:09:13 AM »
Im not saying that I know that the price of Gold will continue to increase... I havent the slightest clue... but it is an interesting sign of the times.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gold-ends-six-month-high-safe-haven/story.aspx?guid={576F36C3-6793-4EFD-901C-7FC61B8A9C09}&dist=msr_1

NEW YORK (MarketWatch) -- Gold futures rose Friday, ending the week at their highest level in six months as investors sought the safety of the metal following government data that showed the U.S. economy contracted the most in 27 years during the fourth quarter. Gold for February delivery closed up $22.20, or 2.4%, at $927.30 an ounce on the Comex division of the New York Mercantile Exchange, the loftiest closing level for a front-month contract since July. The benchmark contract has risen 3.5% so far this week and 4.9% this month. End of Story

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
Re: Gold ends at six-month high on safe-haven buying
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 03:35:14 AM »
Do you think oil will get higher or will it continue to drop?

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Gold ends at six-month high on safe-haven buying
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 01:26:18 PM »
Do you think oil will get higher or will it continue to drop?

I cant tell you, since commodities are next to impossible to predict.. BUT I can tell you with 90% certainty, that whatever happens... it will NOT go above 100 again for a LONG time.