Author Topic: Former Ballet dancer ,clinton aide and congressman demeans Father for Obama Job  (Read 625 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://blogs.jta.org/politics/article/2008/11/13/1000965/rahm-apologizes-for-dad   

'08 Home Archives RSS  Close
Share del.icio.us  Digg  Facebook  NewsVine  Reddit  StumbleUpon Rahm apologizes for dad
By Eric Fingerhut · November 13, 2008

Rahm Emanuel has apologized for something his father said.

President-elect Barack Obama's chief of staff called the American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee on Thursday to say he was sorry for his father Benjamin Emanuel's comments last week to the Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv. The elder Emanuel had said, "Obviously he’ll influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn’t he? What is he, an Arab? He’s not going to be mopping floors at the White House."

According to a statement released by the ADC, Emanuel said, "From the fullness of my heart, I personally apologize on behalf of my family and me. These are not the values upon which I was raised or those of my family."

ADC president Mary Rose Oakar welcomed the apology. Earlier in the week the group had called on Emanuel to repudiate the remarks. Here's the ADC's full statement:

Emanuel Calls ADC to Repudiate Negative Comments About Arabs

Washington, DC | November 13, 2008 | http://www.adc.org | Today, Congressman Rahm Emanuel, recently appointed White House Chief of Staff to President-Elect Barack Obama, called American-Arab Anti-Discrimination Committee (ADC) President Mary Rose Oakar to repudiate negative comments about Arabs made by his father Benjamin Emanuel .

In the phone call, Congressman Emanuel said, “From the fullness of my heart, I personally apologize on behalf of my family and me. These are not the values upon which I was raised or those of my family.” During the phone call, Emanuel added, it is unacceptable to make remarks such as these against any ethnic or religious group.

ADC President Mary Rose Oakar said, “We cannot allow Arabs and Muslims to be portrayed in these unacceptable terms. I welcome Rahm’s apology and his pledge to meet with our Community. I also thank our members and friends who responded who expressed concern about this matter.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
   Too many Jews have disgraced their own families and given up Judaism. Rahm Emanuel is really bad news.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
   Too many Jews have disgraced their own families and given up Judaism. Rahm Emanuel is really bad news.
True
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
father Benjamin Emanuel's comments last week to the Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv. The elder Emanuel had said, "Obviously he’ll influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn’t he? What is he, an Arab? He’s not going to be mopping floors at the White House."

According to a statement released by the ADC, Emanuel said, "From the fullness of my heart, I personally apologize on behalf of my family and me. These are not the values upon which I was raised or those of my family."

Hysterical!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::::D :::D :::D

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
father Benjamin Emanuel's comments last week to the Israeli newspaper Ma'ariv. The elder Emanuel had said, "Obviously he’ll influence the president to be pro-Israel. Why wouldn’t he? What is he, an Arab? He’s not going to be mopping floors at the White House."

Hysterical!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::::D :::D :::D
But he obviously was :::D

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer

I may have asked this before, but do Arabs mop floors?  Are they typically cleaners?
In Israel or the US, is this common?  I have heard of cab-driving Arabs; oil-rich unemployed Arabs; welfare consuming Arabs; militant jihadi Arabs, suicide bomber Arabs, permanently protesting (unemployed) Arabs, shopkeeper Arabs, poppy cultivating Arabs, but not floor-mopping Arabs.

aka Someone Else