Author Topic: Hindus, Jews ask EU to improve human rights in Italy  (Read 4088 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
Hindus, Jews ask EU to improve human rights in Italy
« on: February 06, 2009, 05:07:28 AM »
Taking note of the recent wave of racial and ethnic tensions, an alarming growth of xenophobia climate in Italy, Hindus
and Jews have asked for immediate intervention of European Union for improving the Italian human rights situation.

USA-based Hindu statesman Rajan Zed and prominent Jewish leader Rabbi Jonathan B.

Freirich in an e-mail released on Friday said that Italy's reported failure to protect its immigrants, minorities, and Roma populations was very upsetting, shocking and worrisome for the world and it needed to be addressed urgently.

Zed and Rabbi Freirich stressed that Italy should also create an effective Ombudsman for protection and promotion of human rights in order to halt its increasing isolation from the rest of Europe. Life of people who were perceived "different" was not of much worth in Italy these days.

Reportedly rising social tensions, racial strains and prejudice, hostility and anti-immigrant and anti-Roma backlash, creeping xenophobia, racially motivated attacks, officials promoting xenophobia, setting on fire of an Indian immigrant, discriminatory fingerprinting of Roma, lobbed Molotov cocktails at a Roma encampment, beating up of the son of an Angolan diplomat, murder of a young man from Burkina Faso, killing of six African immigrants, beating up of Albanians and Romanians, etc., indicated plaguing of the Italian fabric; these religious leaders pointed out

They urged politicians not to link Italy's economic and social woes and rising crime to these marginalized groups and making them a scapegoat. Despite their longstanding presence in Italy, Roma were still an underclass in Italian society and it was still rare to find immigrants in white-collar jobs. With the changing times, Italy needed to become more open and pluralistic at par with other European countries and culture of exclusion, intolerance and rejection should go.

Both the leaders however thanked the president, trade unions, voluntary sector, church, etc.; who spoke in defence of human rights of these marginalized groups. Council of Europe has already lambasted Italy for xenophobic environment and maltreatment of Roma population.

Zed, who is the president of Universal Society of Hinduism, argued that Italian government, political parties, and religious bodies should openly and clearly condemn xenophobia against these marginalized groups because they had a commitment to protect them.

It is to mention here that migrant workers generally contribute about five percent of the Italy’s population as industrialised north attracts many from North Africa and Eastern Europe. However, unfortunately, Italy’s right wing groups hold Roma and other minority and migrants responsible for the falling social and economic standard of the nation. EU and international human rights organizations have already condemned the Italian government for not doing enough for the concern while fuelling the same with its anti-immigrant policies.

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsdetails/66079

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Hindus, Jews ask EU to improve human rights in Italy
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 05:10:51 AM »
I don't agree with attacks on innocent people but Italy should be for ethnic Italians in my opinion. Others should be treated humanely and with dignity, but not allowed to live in Italy.

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 07:02:13 AM »
Good that hindus and jews speak their voice for human rights also for romas, there are not much people who speak their voice for human rights of roma
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 08:17:10 AM »
I think
Rajan Zed and prominent Jewish leader Rabbi Jonathan B.
are mixing here things together, that are seperated issues.

I think we should divide this in different parts and discuss it seperately.

1. Treatment of the local Roma population

2. Immigration and treatment of people from other EU countries

3. Immigration and treatment  of people with non Muslim background

4. Imigration and treatment of quranimals
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 08:21:53 AM »
Italy has a very big problem with Gypsies . They hang around tourist sites and pick pocket innocent people that are preoccupied in a strange setting. In the past 20 years they taken to purse snatching from mopeds or scooters. They also form groups that are a well known criminal element.  I can imagine now with open borders the problem is even worse. Italy depends on it tourists in some cities and activity like this causes them a great deal of problems. I think Italy's problem is more with vagrant's like this and not Jewish people that in some cases have been living in Italy for thousands of years as productive citizens. I really don't see the connection between Jews living in Italy and this element.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:31:31 AM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 10:38:04 AM »
Italy has seen many faces of life from an ancient world empire to the throne of Fascism.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 06:58:15 AM »
What a PC usefall idiots; Tomorrow they'll call the satanic EU and UN to bully Israel into respecting the "rights" of Arabs in Yesha to do what they want (kill Jews) or India for mistreating poor paki terrorists or bangaldeshi ilegal aliens. Gipsies are criminal threat in Europe so maybe those leftard do gooders will take them all to Obamistan?  ;D
And those tough antimigrant policies were taken by Berlusconi to protect All loyal Italian citisens including Jews who live in Rome for atleast two thousend years. Hardly you can't call them migrants. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2009, 07:03:51 AM »
What a PC usefall idiots; Tomorrow they'll call the satanic EU and UN to bully Israel into respecting the "rights" of Arabs in Yesha to do what they want (kill Jews) or India for mistreating poor paki terrorists or bangaldeshi ilegal aliens. Gipsies are criminal threat in Europe so maybe those leftard do gooders will take them all to Obamistan?  ;D
And those tough antimigrant policies were taken by Berlusconi to protect All loyal Italian citisens including Jews who live in Rome for atleast two thousend years. Hardly you can't call them migrants. 

You generalize romas and steoretype them all as criminals. You are a racist.
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2009, 07:11:10 AM »

We have Roma even here in Texas and I've never seen any that don't act that way. It's sad because there are several black people I've known in my life that I say I can have some real respect for as good human beings, but the gypsies/Roma in the stores I've worked at have all been thieves.

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2009, 07:12:58 AM »

We have Roma even here in Texas and I've never seen any that don't act that way. It's sad because there are several black people I've known in my life that I say I can have some real respect for as good human beings, but the gypsies/Roma in the stores I've worked at have all been thieves.

lol
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2009, 07:15:06 AM »
I wish I was joking. I don't know why they come all the way over here. I guess they like to roam. lol

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2009, 07:16:07 AM »
I wish I was joking. I don't know why they come all the way over here. I guess they like to roam. lol

Do you have serious statistics on roma crime in the US or your comment is useless.
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2009, 07:42:56 AM »
The problem is so old in Italy that the Italians themselves are use to it and will not allow people like this anywhere near them. Some years back my parents went on a trip to Italy and they took a VHS recorder with them. When they got back they were showing the tapes and in a square in Rome you can actually see the groups of Gypsies cooping up. They lurk around and pick off the less suspecting tourist snatching a wallet or purse camera anything they can get their hands on. The old timers would have tails of Gypsies child nappers that would kidnap small children and sell them into slavery.  Here in America in the building industry there is an entire clan of Gypsies that travel throughout the Eastern part of the Country and rip people off on home improvement projects they start the project and once they get most of the money they are gone like smoke. This clan actually has a name that escapes me at the moment. The FBI has been on to them for years. 60 minutes did a spot on them some years ago. People like this are a problem vagrant drifters are never a good element more so  if they have criminal tendencies. Resident Jews have a respected position in Italy they are an asset to the country. Even at the darkest points of WW2 the local governments did all they could to shield Jewish citizens and refugees from being killed. It was only in the end when the Italian government collapsed and the Nazi's took over that the situation took a turn for the worse. The same can not be said for the Gypsies and that's why I say the two groups have no common ground. Is this Roma classification something new has it been around or is this being used to put a new face on an old problem?
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2009, 07:50:09 AM »

Do you have serious statistics on roma crime in the US or your comment is useless.

All I can tell you is what I've seen for myself. I don't even know if they make up a significant enough portion of the population here to be categorized on their own in crime statistics. They probably fall under "other" on the racial statistics.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2009, 12:45:19 PM »
I am Italian and been to Italy numerous times, the one big problem Italy has now are the Muslims from Albania and North Africa.  The Albanian animals flocked into Italy over the past 2 decades living in like motor home areas.  They create their own pig pen.  They are trying to remove those Mosques.  I think in a PC world we live in, right now Italy is the only western Euro nation starting to wake up. The UK is seeing how deep they are in and so is the Netherlands, Denmark etc.  I warned the Euros with that EU becareful.  Now with Turkey trying to get into the EU that will be the biggest dagger inside the hearts of Europe.
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 01:30:16 PM »
I am Italian and been to Italy numerous times, the one big problem Italy has now are the Muslims from Albania and North Africa.  The Albanian animals flocked into Italy over the past 2 decades living in like motor home areas.  They create their own pig pen.  They are trying to remove those Mosques.  I think in a PC world we live in, right now Italy is the only western Euro nation starting to wake up. The UK is seeing how deep they are in and so is the Netherlands, Denmark etc.  I warned the Euros with that EU becareful.  Now with Turkey trying to get into the EU that will be the biggest dagger inside the hearts of Europe.

Thank god, that Erdogan has so less control of his mouth.

I think his outbreak in Davos has showed the people his real face.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani