Author Topic: Ovadia Yosef just slandered the entire russian jewish community and claims they  (Read 2560 times)

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Ovadia Yosef has said recently that all the Russian immigrants do is sell pork and go to church when they come to Israel. It is obvious that he hates the russian jews passionately. He had to be talking about Russian JEWS because he was speaking about Avigdor Liebermans main constituency. It's incredible how low this beast will go.

http://haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1062611.html
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
First, show some respect for our great Torah sage.

Secondly, he is talking about Russian goyim. Not Russian Jews. I can't imagine any religious person supporting Lieberman.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
What are you talking about. He is clearly attacking Avigdor Liebermans core constituency which is Russian Jews. Don't try to play semantic games. I know you are from the splinter forum so go back there in a hurry.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Can someone ban Nadav already? I am not sure we need this criminal infesting our forum any longer.

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
What are you talking about. He is clearly attacking Avigdor Liebermans core constituency which is Russian Jews. Don't try to play semantic games. I know you are from the splinter forum so go back there in a hurry.
His core is Russian gentiles you fool. Not Russian Jews.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I dont believe that Rav is slandering Russian Jews. I am a Ukrainian Jew and I believe that the Rav is addressing those Russions who go to Israel who are not really Jewish. These beasts usually turn out to be antisemitic pieces of drek and they even join Neo-Nazi groups in Israel. I really think that Israel should pay more attention to making sure that the immigrants from Russia are really Jewish.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
Good post Muman.

DWI, are you Jewish? If so...

Positive Mitzvah 209: Respecting the Sages and the Elderly
Leviticus 19:32 "You shall stand up before an elderly person and give respect to a sage"

A learned sage and an elderly person have gained much knowledge through their studies and life experience. It is appropriate to respect these achievements.

We are commanded to honor the sages and the elderly.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Nadav, why do you discuss in this style?

If you talk down this way to people, even if you are right, you should exspect that your opponent in discussion will not listen to you.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Nadav

• Full JTFer
Nadav, why do you discuss in this style?

If you talk down this way to people, even if you are right, you should exspect that your opponent in discussion will not listen to you.

With all due respect, I'm not here be lectured. I know how to debate with people. Look at my first reply to the thread and then read what DWI said in response. I'm only hostile to people who are hostile to me. The disrespect of a great Torah sage will not go unnoticed.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
Ovadia Yosef has said recently that all the Russian immigrants do is sell pork and go to church when they come to Israel. It is obvious that he hates the russian jews passionately. He had to be talking about Russian JEWS because he was speaking about Avigdor Liebermans main constituency. It's incredible how low this beast will go.

Your slander is a disgrace to this board.

• Gold Star JTF Member

It's not semantics if it's true.   Your imaginations about Rav Yosef's feelings toward Russian Jews, such as when you criticize him of hating them, are best kept to yourself.   Apparently you find it convenient to side with haaretz of all people, when it comes to slandering a great Rav. 

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
KWR, regardless of what Rabbi Yosef meant here (Russian Jews or Gentiles), I don't believe that he is in a place to be making attacks. Selling pork in Israel is bad, but coming up with theological justifications for surrendering Jewish land to human pigs is much worse.

I would like Rabbi Yosef to apologize for the following decisions that have caused great loss of life and safety in the Holy Land:

--supporting Oslo
--supporting the evacuation of Gush Katif and virtually every other withdrawal that has happened
--continuing to believe that surrendering Jewish land is worth it if it will "spare life"
--calling Arabs the brothers of Jews
--calling Shimon Peres a great friend of Torah Judaism

• Gold Star JTF Member
Selling pork in Israel is bad, but coming up with theological justifications for surrendering Jewish land to human pigs is much worse.

I agree 100%.   But that gives no one the right to slander a Torah sage or attribute to him positions that have no basis in reality.   The fact that he made a bad decision in the past opens him up to criticism of that bad decision.  It does not "classify" him as persona non grata or 'evil' chas ve shalom, and does not open up the opportunity for one to slander or ridicule or disrespect him.   If a great rabbi makes a decision that one disagrees with and finds fault with, it does not give a person a blank check to then behave in an evil manner and lose all restraint to speak evil against the rabbi in all ways, personal and in general.  There's no heter for that.   And a Jew especially should know better.    And even if one does not know better, or simply does not abide by obligations of Jewish law, I still find it offensive to make false accusations about any person that are without basis or supporting evidence other than conjecture.

--supporting the evacuation of Gush Katif and virtually every other withdrawal that has happened

From what I understand, his party, Shas, voted against the expulsion when it came up to vote in the Knesset.

--calling Arabs the brothers of Jews

Source?   I have seen him call Arabs snakes and/or dogs, but have yet to see him call them brothers...

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer

What is slander to you is an informative post to me.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I didn't slander Rabbi Yosef. I said the truth, which is that he is a religious leftist. He tries to use the Torah to justify left-wing positions. I'm not responsible for what anybody else might say. Two years ago, I did cross the line regarding him, but Chaim set me straight. I detest many of the decisions he has made, and think they have been partly responsible for the deaths of thousands of Jews, but have not made any personal insults against him. I believe ROY should seek forgiveness for these decisions and policies, which were horribly sinful.

As for the Arabs being brothers comment, I think that dated to the time of Oslo.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Good post Muman.

DWI, are you Jewish? If so...

Positive Mitzvah 209: Respecting the Sages and the Elderly
Leviticus 19:32 "You shall stand up before an elderly person and give respect to a sage"

A learned sage and an elderly person have gained much knowledge through their studies and life experience. It is appropriate to respect these achievements.

We are commanded to honor the sages and the elderly.

What makes him a sage? It's clear that his land for peace missions and his support of evil regimes has led to loads of jewish deaths. If someone kills one jew, it's like killing the world. This man deserves no honor. If you want to honor him, go ahead. Please don't impose those demands on me.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
What about the fact that "Rabbi" Ovadia Yosef, through the shas interior minister who was his puppet, actually signed the bloody decree banning Chaim from Israel?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Don't forget that Shas wasn't against banning HaRav Kahane either.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Don't forget that Shas wasn't against banning HaRav Kahane either.

Wow, so Shas supported Oslo but they didn't support Chaim ben pesachs entry into Israel? How shocking!!!!

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I think Shas is jealous of Chaim and the amount of religious support he would turn to himself.

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer

Halacha is not defined by your opinion.

The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I agree with KWBT on this... But I know that the majority of you are cursing and condemning Torah scholars. This is something I condemned about Ynet news because they always enjoy demeaning Torah scholars. I dont think anyone commenting on this thread has as much knowledge of Torah as Rabbi Yosef and as a result I think we should honor that.

We dont have to agree with his politics, and I think Rabbis really should stay out of politics if at all possible. I believe that Rabbi Yosef made some rulings without proper understanding of the situation. Politics has the nature of perverting doing the right thing. I think we should be able to disagree without invoking disrespect.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer

Halacha is not defined by your opinion.

Ok so what does halacha say about someone who 1) had his party sit in the govt while they were  perpetrating a pogrom in Amona 2) destroying the peace house and Noam Federmans house 3) support Oslo 4) signed the decree banning chaim from israel? It is clear that these stupid putz ideas have led to jewish deaths. I wonder what halacha says about a person like this. Don't let his shtecken, shayna hoyzin and dark sunglasses fool you.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 11:02:57 PM by DownwithIslam »

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Muman, the fact that he is a learned Torah Scholar is precisely what makes Rabbi Yosef's activities so harmful. He has a lot more weight behind his positions than secular Israeli leftists, and therefore many more Jews will listen to him.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Muman, the fact that he is a learned Torah Scholar is precisely what makes Rabbi Yosef's activities so harmful. He has a lot more weight behind his positions than secular Israeli leftists, and therefore many more Jews will listen to him.

C.F.,

We are able to learn and grow and change our understanding. I believe that the Rav has said that he now understands better that peace will not be brought about by giving the enemies land. I think we all now believe that. I must admit that several years ago I was naive too and I thought that peace was possible. But I was on the fence and I feel that giving Gaza was a big mistake, as was evacuating Gush Katif and other Jewish settlements. I have changed my position and now I understand better.

I dont think that Rabbis should be involved in politics at this time. Israel politics seems so alien to me that it scares me.