Author Topic: NY Times' Friedman calls for US troops to enter Israel to help Palestinians  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Maimonides

• Pro JTFer
  • The Greatest Jewish Sage
http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2009/02/ny-times-friedman-calls-for-us-troops.html

New York Slimes columnist Tom Friedman, who fancies himself an 'expert' on our region, seems to suggest in Sunday's column that the United States should commit troops to building a 'Palestinian' state reichlet in the West Bank Judea and Samaria. He'd like to see some of the American troops in Iraq transferred westward.

That said, once Obama is able to think afresh about the Middle East, he will find that the Bush team has left an interesting legacy here: 140,000 U.S. soldiers doing nation-building in Iraq and one U.S. soldier — actually a three-star U.S. Army general — doing nation-building in the West Bank. We need a better balance.

Here is the original article

It appears the Establishment is slowly but steadily laying the groundwork to pave the way for U.S. troops to occupy Israel and force a so-called Palestinian state to be created. The establishment is worried that Jews in Israel are waking up and rejecting the 2 state suicide for the Jews solution.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/08/opinion/08friedman.html?_r=1

Visiting Israel, I’ve been peppered with questions from Israelis and Palestinians about where their peace process will fit in among President Obama’s priorities. My guess, I’ve answered, is that President Obama has three immediate priorities: banks, banks and banks — and none of them are the West Bank.

That said, once Obama is able to think afresh about the Middle East, he will find that the Bush team has left an interesting legacy here: 140,000 U.S. soldiers doing nation-building in Iraq and one U.S. soldier — actually a three-star U.S. Army general — doing nation-building in the West Bank. We need a better balance.

Those U.S. soldiers in Iraq can take pride in the recent Iraqi elections, which have strengthened the more secular and centrist parties. But we have to wait and see if the losers in this election take their defeat peacefully and whether the winners can actually produce better governance. The Iraqi elections, though, are a rare example of Arabs getting a chance to build their own future from the bottom up, and I continue to root for them.

Palestinians need the same chance. You can’t have a two-state solution without two states, and today the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank, which still supports a two-state deal, doesn’t have the institutions of a state, particularly an effective police force. Therefore, my hope is that Obama will focus not only on peace plans from the top down, but also on institution-building from the bottom up. The best way to isolate Hamas in Gaza is to build the Palestinian Authority in the West Bank into a decent government with steadily expanding control over its territory.

That’s exactly what the one U.S. Army officer in the West Bank, Lt. Gen. Keith Dayton, is up to. I accompanied him and his little team to Jenin — once the most violent city in the West Bank — to see their work. It was quite a scene: I watched a company of newly trained, proud and professional-looking Palestinian Authority troops, standing at attention, AK-47 assault rifles at their side, listening with obvious respect to the American general telling them: “What you’ve done has done more to advance the Palestinian national project than anything else ... You took care of your people at a difficult time. That is how the security forces of a country behave.”

No, you don’t see that every day.

General Dayton was addressing the Second Special Battalion of the Palestinian National Security Force, or N.S.F. It was trained by the Jordanian police in a program overseen by the U.S. Security Coordinator — a k a Dayton. He was originally assigned to help reform Palestinian security by the Bush team in 2005, but only got the funds to do so after Hamas took over Gaza in 2007. Some 1,600 Palestinian N.S.F. troops have since graduated, and 500 are now in training. Schooled in everything from riot control to human rights, the N.S.F. is the only truly professional force controlled by the Palestinian president, Mahmoud Abbas.

The Israeli Army, originally dubious about the Dayton mission, has come to respect it and is now allowing it to expand to Hebron. What really got Israel’s attention was that during the three-week Israel-Hamas war in Gaza, the West Bank never blew up, largely because N.S.F. troops allowed widespread protests but kept Palestinian demonstrators from clashing with Israeli soldiers.

“General Dayton is our friend,” said Col. Radi Abu Asida of the N.S.F. “Now we have excellent training. Now we have professionalism in our security work. We told the people during the Gaza demonstrations, ‘You can protest, but you must do it in a modern way.’ ”

Unfortunately, funding for Dayton’s work — secured by two farsighted U.S. House members, Nita Lowey and Gary Ackerman — runs out soon. That would be a tragedy. Before the N.S.F. was deployed “there was chaos here,” said Mohammed Abu Bakr, a Jenin wedding shop owner, referring to the security vacuum after the collapse of the Arafat regime. “Everyone wanted to fight with everyone else. Now everything is organized.”

The Dayton mission — a rare bright spot in a broken landscape — is the ground floor we need to build upon. “The issue is not just territory, but how we fill that territory,” said Gidi Grinstein, the president of the Israeli think tank, the Reut Institute. “Jenin is important. This is the beginning of capacity-building, which leads to institution-building, which leads to state-building, which leads to independence.” But the legitimacy of the Palestinian police depends on the peace process moving forward and Palestinians being ceded control, by Israel, over more territory as they prove themselves, he added. “Otherwise, they are seen as a tool to promote the occupation and will be delegitimized and attacked.”

So it is important to have George Mitchell, the U.S. special envoy to the Middle East, steadily pushing the diplomacy from above, but nothing will happen without vastly increasing U.S. efforts from below to help West Bankers build a credible governing capacity. Do that, and everything is possible. Don’t do it, and nothing is possibl
“You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes”- Maimonides

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Tom Friedman is a Goa'uld.

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
I think that Chaim would justify me in calling him Yimach Shmo Vezichro!  >:(

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Tom Friedman poses as a person with great knowledge  he's nothing more then a little windbag.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
He is really a self titled expert, his analysis is poor and flawed. Did you notice that line:
Unfortunately, funding for Dayton’s work — secured by two farsighted U.S. House members, Nita Lowey and Gary Ackerman — runs out soon.
It brings me back memories of an old take back america episode about "Usama bin Ackerman".

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
I just prayed right now that this pig would soon meet a fate of Lou Gehrig's Disease.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Friedman should contract AIDS in his local Manhattan bath house.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
What's the matter with him?!?  Is he crazy or is he just stupid?  The worst part about Friedman is that there are millions of people who know even less than he does and assume that he knows what he's talking about.  Everything he says is wrong.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Friedman regrets being born 60 years too late to be an Auschwitz gas-chamber technician.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Friedman regrets being born 60 years too late to be an Auschwitz gas-chamber technician.

He would rather of been a technician at Auschewitz than his current job of folding towels at a west side bath house.
I am urinating on a Koran.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Re: NY Times' Friedman calls for US troops to enter Israel to help Palestinians
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2009, 12:04:30 AM »
Maybe he likes the jobs equally. We all know what Nazi soldiers did in the chambers after they got done burning Jewish babies alive.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2009, 05:06:46 AM »
C.F you have too few scales in your heaven-down-to-hell ladder. Especially in the evil levels, it seems to me that Jimmy carter, Tom Friedman, RBG, BHO, some Hollywood starlet, and Ahmadinijad, are all in one scale for you. Unless I don't comprehend the subtle difference between rectal and pancreatic cancer. 

Tom Friedman is a shame as a Jew, as American, as a glorified thinker and writer. But he is little more than an over-payed media author.

Offline Spectator

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2009, 05:21:11 AM »
C.F you have too few scales in your heaven-down-to-hell ladder. Especially in the evil levels, it seems to me that Jimmy carter, Tom Friedman, RBG, BHO, some Hollywood starlet, and Ahmadinijad, are all in one scale for you. Unless I don't comprehend the subtle difference between rectal and pancreatic cancer. 

Tom Friedman is a shame as a Jew, as American, as a glorified thinker and writer. But he is little more than an over-payed media author.

In my mind, Israel Shamir is the chamion of Down-to-hell League.
This person of Jewish origin is the best friend of Russian Nazis.
I bet even C.F. and Downwithislam will find it hard to adequately describe him.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israel_Shamir
For example, he said "Evrey Jew has an obligation to kill a Jew within himself"
Do not put your trust in princes, nor in a son of man, in whom there is no help (Psalms 146:3)

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2009, 05:29:47 AM »

It looks like he covers every form of antisemitism and every form of extermination plan. Indeed, a very thorough man. He is satanic no doubt about it, but his hate is so great and so over-expressed, that he ridicules himself. Noam Chomski for example is a much more successful specimen. 

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
He's an appeaser.
aka Someone Else

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 12:18:28 AM »

There's no need to overanalyze pigs like all of the above dreck you mentioned (yimach schmam to them all). They all commit supremely evil deeds--what is the real difference?

Jimmy Farter and BHO are devoted to the destruction of the modern Jewish State via political means.
Ahmadinejad is devoted to the destruction of Israel and the West militarily (i.e. via nukes).
Friedman is devoted to the destruction of Israel via propagandizing.
Those "starlets" are devoted to the destruction of Western civilization via the sowing of their poison, soul-destroying immorality and perversion.

Really, how is any one of them any better or worse than the rest?

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 12:23:44 AM »
He's just more honest and open about his intentions for Jewry than Olmert and Tzipi Livni are, who practice taqqiyah and pretend to be Zionist "leaders".

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 04:55:26 AM »

There's no need to overanalyze pigs like all of the above dreck you mentioned (yimach schmam to them all). They all commit supremely evil deeds--what is the real difference?

Jimmy Farter and BHO are devoted to the destruction of the modern Jewish State via political means.
Ahmadinejad is devoted to the destruction of Israel and the West militarily (i.e. via nukes).
Friedman is devoted to the destruction of Israel via propagandizing.
Those "starlets" are devoted to the destruction of Western civilization via the sowing of their poison, soul-destroying immorality and perversion.

Really, how is any one of them any better or worse than the rest?
I don't think they are all devoted to destruction. I think the Hollywood starlet is earning her bread by acting like she does (on and off the screen that is). If you are disgusted by Hollywood you can just avoid watching.
Friedman is getting money for producing the pieces that enough people like to read. Anyway I believe in freedom of expression so let him write or say whatever he wants.
The other guys have power, position, influence, and they are very much devoted to bring hell to this earth.

Offline Ultra Requete

• Master JTFer
  • United We Stand, Dived We'll Fall.
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 07:40:41 AM »
Call him him dhimicrat and liberal, seriusly you can count Jewish zionist members of democratic party like Joe Liberman on one hand and even them are horrible on all other topic outside Israel.
Israel Shamir must be Arab nazi doplegenger who replaced real man during Yon Kipur war. 
Jeremiah 8:11-17

11 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. Peace, peace, they say, when there is no peace.

12 Are they ashamed of their loathsome conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen; they will be brought down when they are punished, says the LORD.

13 'I will take away their harvest, declares the LORD. There will be no grapes on the vine. There will be no figs on the tree, and their leaves will wither. What I have given them will be taken from them.'

14 Why are we sitting here? Gather together! Let us flee to the fortified cities and perish there! For the LORD our God has doomed us to perish and given us poisoned water to drink, because we have sinned against him.

15 We hoped for peace but no good has come, for a time of healing but there was only terror.

16 The snorting of the enemy's horses is heard from Dan; at the neighing of their stallions the whole land trembles. They have come to devour the land and everything in it, the city and all who live there.

17 See, I will send venomous snakes among you, vipers that cannot be charmed, and they will bite you, declares the LORD.

Love your Enemy
And Heap Burning Coals on his Head!!!
http://net-burst.net/revenge/love_and_wrath_of_God.htm

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 08:52:41 AM »
Call him him dhimicrat and liberal, seriusly you can count Jewish zionist members of democratic party like Joe Liberman on one hand and even them are horrible on all other topic outside Israel.
Israel Shamir must be Arab nazi doplegenger who replaced real man during Yon Kipur war. 
HE CLAIMS TO BE RUSSIAN BUT HE REALLY DOES LOOK ARABIC
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 12:11:20 PM »
I don't think they are all devoted to destruction. I think the Hollywood starlet is earning her bread by acting like she does (on and off the screen that is). If you are disgusted by Hollywood you can just avoid watching.
Friedman is getting money for producing the pieces that enough people like to read. Anyway I believe in freedom of expression so let him write or say whatever he wants.
The other guys have power, position, influence, and they are very much devoted to bring hell to this earth.

Friedman produces propaganda in support of an Arabic Reich (his beloved so-called "Palestine") and prints libels against the Jewish people. How is that not dedication to bringing hell on earth?

The Hollywood whores are dedicated to promoting immorality and sodomite perversion among stupid, secular young girls who have no values and no way to resist what they are being sold. How is that not bringing about hell on earth?

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 03:14:26 PM »

Friedman produces propaganda in support of an Arabic Reich (his beloved so-called "Palestine") and prints libels against the Jewish people. How is that not dedication to bringing hell on earth?

The Hollywood whores are dedicated to promoting immorality and sodomite perversion among stupid, secular young girls who have no values and no way to resist what they are being sold. How is that not bringing about hell on earth?
I guess we look at the world through different lenses. Mine is more focused than yours. Regarding celebrity and other show-biz personalities- I don't care how low they get in their private life. The immoral and immodest features in the movies I sometime enjoy watching and if I don't- I just don't watch. I hate it when sometime they use their fame and notoriety to promote evil causes.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 03:24:27 PM »
The immoral and immodest features in the movies I sometime enjoy watching
That is really sad.

I hate it when sometime they use their fame and notoriety to promote evil causes.
I promise you these evil, immoral starlets are all behind satanic causes.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 03:26:25 PM »
seriusly you can count Jewish zionist members of democratic party like Joe Liberman on one hand
Hoeseph Lieberman (yimach schmo vezichro) is anything but a Zionist. He demands the surrender of Judea and Samaria, supported Oslo, wants Jonathan Pollard to rot in jail forever, and is a good friend of the Saudi royal family. We sin when we fail to pray that Hoeseph gets Alzheimer's.