Author Topic: Plane Crashes in Buffalo, Killing 49 Innocent People  (Read 1640 times)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Plane Crashes in Buffalo, Killing 49 Innocent People
« on: February 13, 2009, 01:50:02 AM »
Plane Crashes In Buffalo, NY, Killing All Onboard and One On The Ground

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/ap_on_re_us/plane_into_home

Who is really at fault here? The disgustingly bloated and obese airlines who shovel billions of dollars in salaries and stock options to their CEOs and boards of directors but not one penny into R&D for safer aircraft. Think about it--today cars have eight airbags in them, and even subcompacts are often very solid in a crash, but absolutely nothing has been done to make jets more survivable on an impact in the past seventy years. Is this a limit upon our engineering, or is it a crime against humanity? We can put men on the moon, and military airplanes have ejection seats, and ships have lifeboats, but passengers on airlines have... jack squat. The swine who run this hideous industry can't spare a dollar once in a while for advancing airliner design and safety, but they sure know how to flock to Washington (on their own private jets, I might add) to scream and holler for bailout money when, every once in a while, the free market actually starts to punish their lard donkeys and they lose ticket sales.

If we had a real free market, people would actually have incentive to save lives, and not just profits. If a couple of upstart jet designers created a jet with ejection seats for every passenger, not only would people flock to them even if they were more expensive, but the aviation dinosaurs would all have to get with the program in order to survive, and the cost of the technology would plummet and jillions of new aerospace jobs would be created as airlines would rush to replace their fleets.

I would say something to the airline and aerospace CEOs of today, who still manage to go to swank retreats in Scotland and Newport Beach even as they fire tens of thousands of workers, but it isn't even necessary. They stand condemned all on their own.

Chaimfan

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Plane Crashes in Buffalo, Killing 49 Innocent People
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2009, 01:53:24 AM »
Plane Crashes In Buffalo, NY, Killing All Onboard and One On The Ground

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090213/ap_on_re_us/plane_into_home

Who is really at fault here? The disgustingly bloated and obese airlines who shovel billions of dollars in salaries and stock options to their CEOs and boards of directors but not one penny into R&D for safer aircraft. Think about it--today cars have eight airbags in them, and even subcompacts are often very solid in a crash, but absolutely nothing has been done to make jets more survivable on an impact in the past seventy years. Is this a limit upon our engineering, or is it a crime against humanity? We can put men on the moon, and military airplanes have ejection seats, and ships have lifeboats, but passengers on airlines have... jack squat. The swine who run this hideous industry can't spare a dollar once in a while for advancing airliner design and safety, but they sure know how to flock to Washington (on their own private jets, I might add) to scream and holler for bailout money when, every once in a while, the free market actually starts to punish their lard donkeys and they lose ticket sales.

If we had a real free market, people would actually have incentive to save lives, and not just profits. If a couple of upstart jet designers created a jet with ejection seats for every passenger, not only would people flock to them even if they were more expensive, but the aviation dinosaurs would all have to get with the program in order to survive, and the cost of the technology would plummet and jillions of new aerospace jobs would be created as airlines would rush to replace their fleets.

I would say something to the airline and aerospace CEOs of today, who still manage to go to swank retreats in Scotland and Newport Beach even as they fire tens of thousands of workers, but it isn't even necessary. They stand condemned all on their own.

Chaimfan

I hope no righteous people were killed on the plane.
I am urinating on a Koran.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2009, 01:58:30 AM »
Unfortunately, this is a fallen world and sin reigns supreme in its randomness, so I am sure many completely innocent people perished. Yimach schmo to the entire airline industry, DownwithIslam.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2009, 05:14:51 AM »
Why the entire airline industry?
If the fed dictators didn't get in the way of their work, things would run efficiently.
Its all the affirmative action that causes problems.
Just getting in is a frustrating example.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2009, 06:51:17 AM »
Ejection seats for passengers would do little for safety.  They are impractical and cannot be efficiently used during takeoff and landing, the two phases of flight that have the highest risk.  Having said that, take a look at this site for some interesting information on aircraft safety design.

http://www.aircrash.org

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline VforVendetta

• Full JTFer
  • Remember Remember, The 5th of November
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2009, 07:06:54 AM »
Grave news indeed.
I don't want to say anything that might be false,
But I just want you to know that the Israeli flight company "El-Al" has been badly criticized for the poor condition of the planes.
They are too greedy so they just dont feel like maintaining the planes.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2009, 09:26:35 AM »
Someone once said to me that for the airline companies, it's cheaper in the long run to allow occasional plane crashes than to make extremely safe planes.  I was told that it's cheaper for the airlines, even when you factor in the lawsuits by families of the passengers. 

Pretty sick, huh? 

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2009, 09:41:15 AM »
Someone once said to me that for the airline companies, it's cheaper in the long run to allow occasional plane crashes than to make extremely safe planes.  I was told that it's cheaper for the airlines, even when you factor in the lawsuits by families of the passengers. 

Pretty sick, huh? 

Hi Lisa, that is a pretty horrifying thought. I will ask my husband's best friend about that, he is senior captain for a major airline.

Shalom - Dox

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2009, 10:47:57 AM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the good people who lost their life and to their families.       
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 11:27:23 AM »
Unfortunately, this is a fallen world and sin reigns supreme in its randomness, so I am sure many completely innocent people perished. Yimach schmo to the entire airline industry, DownwithIslam.

no, accidents happen.  Flying is still by far safer than driving.  Making a plane that makes crashes survivable is basically impossible because of the forces involved in a plane crash.
You might as well curse the entire auto industry, because thousands die every year in car accidents.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 11:27:40 AM »
I heard this morning that one of the victims was a 9/11 widow.  :'(
Lisa, in this day and age, I can believe it!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 11:43:32 AM »
Yes,

As it turns out my Mother and Stepdad knew the woman who was the 9/11 victim advocate. I just spoke with them and they are very distraught about the loss.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »

no, accidents happen.  Flying is still by far safer than driving.  Making a plane that makes crashes survivable is basically impossible because of the forces involved in a plane crash.
You might as well curse the entire auto industry, because thousands die every year in car accidents.

Actually crash survivability, except in extreme cases, is very possible and making a plane more crash worthy should be a high priority.  It is the post crash fire and smoke that is usually deadly.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 12:08:46 PM »
I'm so sorry Muman, my heart goes out to them and I will keep them in my prayers.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 12:20:54 PM »
I'm so sorry Muman, my heart goes out to them and I will keep them in my prayers.

Thank you... It is such a tragedy to lose a loved one. Everyone should learn to appreciate our closest relatives. And you should respect your family regardless of their politics {except for Nazi/Islamic politics}. My mother and father were complete opposites when I was younger. My mother has moved to the right over the years. My father was always a right-winger.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 12:24:01 PM »
I could not agree more with you about family............take it from one who no longer has them around.
Meir Kahane

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 12:45:48 PM »
The problem is that there is zero competition in the airline and aerospace industry and that whenever they fall on hard times, these pigs always get bailed out by the feds.

The auto industry, which also suffers from a lack of competition, has managed to make cars infinitely safer from just 25 years ago. Why airlines cannot do the same is not explicable.