Author Topic: Bought an AK47  (Read 30442 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Bought an AK47
« on: February 17, 2009, 09:55:48 PM »
My new Romanian AK47  :dance:

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Re: Bought an AK47
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »
  When did you bought that?
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »
  When did you bought that?

Today.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 10:39:37 PM »
VERY nice! I am so jealous! Do you have a banana clip or drum for 30 - 40 rounds? Congrats on your new AK-47!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2009, 10:41:46 PM »
VERY nice! I am so jealous! Do you have a banana clip or drum for 30 - 40 rounds? Congrats on your new AK-47!

I have 12 magazines, all 30 rounders. Drums are too expensive right now.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2009, 10:47:30 PM »
Good for you! That's what my nephew says about the drums, way too expensive. You should the arsenal he has! I told him I want to live very near him LOL
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 10:53:10 PM »
Good for you! That's what my nephew says about the drums, way too expensive. You should the arsenal he has! I told him I want to live very near him LOL

I don't know if I would say I have an arsenal, I sold a lot of mine due to the economy, I currently have 3 rifles and 1 handgun. I shouldn't have sold them but needed the money at the time. I plan to get a few more. An Ar15, sks, FN FAL, sig p226, and a mossberg 590 shotgun.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 11:03:34 PM »
I can understand you having to sell, due to the economy, such a pity. I can't believe how high prices have gone on arms and ammo! Makes me sorry I didn't buy a few about 5 years ago. We have a 12 ga.pump shotgun and an SKS. I have a Ruger .357 magnum. I like that I can shoot 38 ammo with it. Have hollow points for it for home protection. The one I carry on me is my little Beretta Tomcat (.32). I bought my husband a 9mm 2 years ago to carry on him, it's very light! We used to have a .380 Lorcin, but I saw there was much trouble with them, so he sold it to my brother in law! On my dream list is a baby Desert Eagle and an AK 47. I doubt that will happen anytime soon, because of the economy.
Meir Kahane

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 11:17:16 PM »
I can understand you having to sell, due to the economy, such a pity. I can't believe how high prices have gone on arms and ammo! Makes me sorry I didn't buy a few about 5 years ago. We have a 12 ga.pump shotgun and an SKS. I have a Ruger .357 magnum. I like that I can shoot 38 ammo with it. Have hollow points for it for home protection. The one I carry on me is my little Beretta Tomcat (.32). I bought my husband a 9mm 2 years ago to carry on him, it's very light! We used to have a .380 Lorcin, but I saw there was much trouble with them, so he sold it to my brother in law! On my dream list is a baby Desert Eagle and an AK 47. I doubt that will happen anytime soon, because of the economy.

AK's have spiked on price for a few reasons. I remember around the end of 2007, the AK's went from 350 to $399.99 at all the gun shows, I thought that was expensive. Online, you could get them for $350.00 (cheap Romanians) but after paying a transfer fee and shipping, it would come out about the same. I remember thinking $399.99 was a lot at the time. The main reason the prices shot up is the ATF passed a ban on imported barrels for non sporting firearms, this lead to a shortage on kits with original foreign barrels. Right before Obama election, they went to about $420.00 so I invested in a parts kit quickly because people were starting to buy, got the kit for $200.00, the day after obama got elected, kits went to $350.00, AK's jumped to about 500.00 to 525.00. Now they are about 575.00 - 700.00 in price. One sold as high as 1,300 dollars. Mags have jumped, kits are up to $400.00. Unlike AR15's (which are made domestically), the AK47's are pure supply and demand, there is no more supply hence the demand will keep going up and the prices will skyrocket. SKS's will skyrocket too, you just cannot make a quality firearm like a SKS as cheap as it was, to make a firearm like that today would cost an insane amount of money.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 11:32:36 PM »
Thanks! I did not know this about the SKS, glad we bought one many years ago. I will just make sure I am close to my nephew if things start to get really bad in this country. I am crossing the AK47 off my list! I will find something just as good.
Meir Kahane

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2009, 01:29:05 AM »
Thanks! I did not know this about the SKS, glad we bought one many years ago. I will just make sure I am close to my nephew if things start to get really bad in this country. I am crossing the AK47 off my list! I will find something just as good.

I wouldn't cross an AK off your list quite yet, they are valuable and easy to find parts for, although I certainly wouldn't recommend you buying one for 700 dollars or the current prices, at that price, you could get something nicer. It's sad to think that I paid $799 for my VZ58 which is lightyears beyond the quality of an AK47 (and only 100 dollars more) which it uses a milled receiver, lighter weight, better fit and finish, and better overall quality.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2009, 04:39:14 AM »
  How can I get one? Did you buy it from Israel?

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 09:51:16 AM »
I like your VZ58, had to look it up! Lighter weight is a plus too. Thanks for sharing!
Meir Kahane

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2009, 01:29:15 PM »

No, I bought it in the US, you can own it pretty much anywhere except california, new york, new jersey and I think that's about it.

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2009, 01:59:45 PM »

No, I bought it in the US, you can own it pretty much anywhere except california, new york, new jersey and I think that's about it.

Oh, OK!  :)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2009, 02:34:08 PM »

I decided to buy a drum, the idea of not having to reload and the rising value means it's a perfect investment. I got a Chinese style one which opens up from the back and you can load by hand, their marked "Bulgarian" but I think that this is just a loophole so they can come into the US. I paid $170.00 for it, 75 rounds.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2009, 03:09:03 PM »
AWESOME!!! I wanna have one! I will go to the local mosque and play with it like Baruch Goldstein did!

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2009, 03:23:09 PM »
AWESOME! man,you are so damn lucky,here it's illegal to have any kind of firearm...If i'll even own an AK-47,I'd go to the nearest Arab village and have one hell of a party  8)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 03:48:06 PM »
 :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 02:37:43 PM by German Kahanist »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 04:40:22 PM »
can't wait to get it, Bulgarian AK47 drum mag.

Here's a video how to load it

And a picture, should be here soon, might order a 2nd one. Their about 220 a peice now, I got mine for 170. I might get another one, their more of a novelty then anything but it's nice to not have to keep reloading.

These are definitely going to be banned so they are a wise investment, I bet they'll sell over 600 dollars when the new assault weapon ban comes into place.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 07:20:19 PM »
Very nice! Looks easy to load etc. The video was kind of hard to watch. Be careful when you click that release! That's where my nephew buys alot of his stuff, from cheaperthandirt. Very nice, thanks for sharing with us!
Meir Kahane

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 02:52:58 AM »
AWESOME! man,you are so damn lucky,here it's illegal to have any kind of firearm...If i'll even own an AK-47,I'd go to the nearest Arab village and have one hell of a party  8)

My Lebanese friend got one from a Bedouin village, but you didn't hear that from me.
woot? Lebanese? how the hell do you know him? Bedouin?...

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 03:51:48 AM »
I think there is no difference... Galil or AK47... Both weapons kill

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:30 PM »

My Lebanese friend got one from a Bedouin village, but you didn't hear that from me.
woot? Lebanese? how the hell do you know him? Bedouin?...

He was former SLA and had to relocate to Israel after Hezballah started advancing.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2009, 02:09:37 PM »
But why did you buy it? You have many guns, and you are selling them now.  :P
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.