Author Topic: Teheran presses Moscow to sell S-300  (Read 466 times)

Offline alonmizrahi

• Junior JTFer
Teheran presses Moscow to sell S-300
« on: February 17, 2009, 03:48:58 PM »
Iranian Defense Minister Mostafa Mohammad Najjar met his Russian counterpart Anatoly Serdyukov on Tuesday in a bid to persuade Moscow into selling the Islamic Republic the state-of-the-art S-300 anti-aircraft missile systems.

Russia's Kommersant newspaper reported that the two countries had already signed an $800 million deal for five of the systems, but Moscow had not yet decided whether to ratify the sale.

"I hope this visit will lead to the further development of relations between our two countries in all areas, including in the sphere of military cooperation," Najjar was quoted as saying by the Iranian Embassy in Moscow, where he met Serdyukov.

Israel and the United States fear that were Iran to possess S-300 missiles, it would use them to protect its first nuclear power plant, now under construction at Bushehr by Russian contractors. That would make any potential military strike on the plant much more difficult.

Russia's state arms export agency said in December that it was supplying Iran with defensive weapons, including surface-to-air missiles, but did not say whether they included the sophisticated long-range S-300 missiles.

The S-300 is one of the most advanced multi-target anti-aircraft missile systems in the world, and has a reported ability to track up to 100 targets simultaneously while engaging up to 12.

The S-300 system was first deployed by the USSR in 1979 and was designed to defend large industrial and administrative facilities and military bases, and to control airspace against enemy aircraft.

It has a range of about 200 km. and can hit targets at altitudes of 27,000 meters. Iran already has TOR-M1 surface-to-air missiles from Russia.
Muslims are like a cancer and what a doctor have to do to save a patient with cancer extirpate the tumour, if the world want to live in peace we have to get rid of the Muslim cancer, we are the doctors

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Teheran presses Moscow to sell S-300
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 04:12:51 PM »
I hope the quranimals will not get it. This air defense system is very very good.  :o

P.S.

I fear the Iranians will be able to use it. They are not so stupid, like the rest of this q-plague.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 05:25:27 PM »
I hope the quranimals will not get it. This air defense system is very very good.  :o

P.S.

I fear the Iranians will be able to use it. They are not so stupid, like the rest of this q-plague.

They are stupid. The problem is, the stupid infidels are giving them all this technology. Iran can't even produce a roll of toilet paper for themselves let alone an s-300. The russian infidels are giving it to them.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2009, 05:30:40 PM »

Russia has been our enemy from the Soviet cold war days until now! The fall of communism has changed nothing with those treacherous bastards.  >:(
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 03:39:45 AM »

P.S.

They are stupid. The problem is, the stupid infidels are giving them all this technology. Iran can't even produce a roll of toilet paper for themselves let alone an s-300. The russian infidels are giving it to them.

I think you are wrong. This quranimals are much more advanced than other quranimals and this makes them so dangerous.

Since ten years this beasts are able to produce their own fighter bombers. Not very good ones, but for a quranimal nation is this very unusual.

One other thing is important to know. I have read a longer issue about Iranian family structure. The Mullahs try to enforce since years poligamy on the Iranian quranimals. They refuse to accept this concept.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani