Author Topic: Pre Marital Sex and Judaism  (Read 2902 times)

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
Pre Marital Sex and Judaism
« on: March 06, 2009, 10:28:12 AM »
Is Pre Marital Sex forbidden in Judaism? In Christianity it is.
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Pre Marital Sex and Judaism
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 10:44:24 AM »

yes.

why do you ask this question?

didn't you read the post schmlo made yesterday?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 10:57:47 AM »

yes.

I asked this question because i was curious. Which post of schlomo?
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 11:01:56 AM »

yes.

I asked this question because i was curious.

Which post of schlomo?

No more sexual posts and other rules:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,32686.0/topicseen.html

Maybe you should try reading the bible a little bit.... :o

I'm not trying to be mean, at all...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Inquiring Mind

• Full JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 11:04:13 AM »

yes.

I asked this question because i was curious.

Which post of schlomo?

No more sexual posts and other rules:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,32686.0/topicseen.html

I read it but thats not a sexual post rather a religion question
Kosovo is Serbia

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »

Not only pre-marital sex is forbidden but also having relations with your father or mother, or your father and mothers spouses or your sister or brother, or your mother and fathers other children (if any).

There are many forbidden relations, of course including homosexual relations too..

http://www.torah.org/learning/halacha-overview/chapter27.html

E. Holiness - Kedushah

"In the fifth book I will include commandments regarding prohibited sexual relations and prohibited foods, since in both of these matters G-d sanctified us and separated us from the nations, and regarding both of them it was said `And I separated you from the nations to be mine ... Who separated you from the nations'.1 And I have called this book the Book of Holiness."

1. Lev. 20:24,26

27. Forbidden Sexual Relations - Issurei Biah
a) Arayos

The Torah forbids sexual relations between a man and his 1) mother1 or stepmother2; 2) aunt3 or wife of father's brother (on the father's side)4; 3) sister, half-sister,5 or sister-in-law6; 4) daughter, daughter-in-law,7 or granddaughter8; 5) wife's mother, grandmother, daughter, or granddaughter.9,a The relatives by marriage are forbidden even if the marriage is no longer in effect, except in the cases of a brother's wife if the brother died childless, and a wife's sister after the wife's death. The prohibitions apply to both the man and the woman.b

The sages extended these prohibitions to include a man's 6) grandmother, great-grandmother or step-grandmother; 7) father's or mother's half-brother's wife; 8) great-granddaughter, and son's, daughter's or grandson's daughter-in-law; 9) wife's great-grandmother or great-granddaughter; and the relatives (mother, grandmother, daughter, granddaughter, sister) of a woman with whom the man has had sexual relations. Some of these apply also to further generations.c

The Torah also forbids sexual relations 10) with a woman married to another man10; 11) with a woman who has menstruated, given birth or miscarried, until after she has immersed herself;11,d; 12) between two men, with additional prohibitions in the case of one's father or father's brother12; 13) between a man or woman and an animal.13 All of these Torah prohibitions are called arayos ("nakednesses").
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 04:11:25 PM »

Not only pre-marital sex is forbidden but also having relations with your father or mother, or your father and mothers spouses or your sister or brother, or your mother and fathers other children (if any).

There are many forbidden relations, of course including homosexual relations too..

http://www.torah.org/learning/halacha-overview/chapter27.html

E. Holiness - Kedushah

"In the fifth book I will include commandments regarding prohibited sexual relations and prohibited foods, since in both of these matters G-d sanctified us and separated us from the nations, and regarding both of them it was said `And I separated you from the nations to be mine ... Who separated you from the nations'.1 And I have called this book the Book of Holiness."

1. Lev. 20:24,26

27. Forbidden Sexual Relations - Issurei Biah
a) Arayos

The Torah forbids sexual relations between a man and his 1) mother1 or stepmother2; 2) aunt3 or wife of father's brother (on the father's side)4; 3) sister, half-sister,5 or sister-in-law6; 4) daughter, daughter-in-law,7 or granddaughter8; 5) wife's mother, grandmother, daughter, or granddaughter.9,a The relatives by marriage are forbidden even if the marriage is no longer in effect, except in the cases of a brother's wife if the brother died childless, and a wife's sister after the wife's death. The prohibitions apply to both the man and the woman.b

The sages extended these prohibitions to include a man's 6) grandmother, great-grandmother or step-grandmother; 7) father's or mother's half-brother's wife; 8) great-granddaughter, and son's, daughter's or grandson's daughter-in-law; 9) wife's great-grandmother or great-granddaughter; and the relatives (mother, grandmother, daughter, granddaughter, sister) of a woman with whom the man has had sexual relations. Some of these apply also to further generations.c

The Torah also forbids sexual relations 10) with a woman married to another man10; 11) with a woman who has menstruated, given birth or miscarried, until after she has immersed herself;11,d; 12) between two men, with additional prohibitions in the case of one's father or father's brother12; 13) between a man or woman and an animal.13 All of these Torah prohibitions are called arayos ("nakednesses").

awwwww shux! :o :o :o :o