Author Topic: UK scientists say to use aborted fetuses as source of organs.  (Read 503 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
What's next?
Read this:
Fetal Farming, Here We Come: UK Scientists Say to Use Aborted Fetuses as Sources of Organs
Bioethicist Wesley Smith
March 11, 2009
http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/2009/03/fetal-farming-here-we-come-use-aborted.html

Tell me we aren't on the path to using human beings as mere produce: A UK bioethicist has called for using fetal organs from abortions in transplantation. From the story:

Kidneys and livers from aborted foetuses could be given to the desperately ill and ease the organ donor shortage, a leading scientist has claimed. Professor Sir Richard Gardner, an Oxford University stem cell expert, said foetal tissues may offer a more realistic solution to the lack of organs than other technologies being developed.

Realize this would require later term abortions. But that's okay, according to another "expert:"

But Professor Stuart Campbell, who has argued for the abortion time limit to be lowered, had no ethical objections to the proposal. He said many babies were aborted quite 'and if they are going to be terminated, it is a shame to waste their organs'.

Where have we heard that before? It sounds just like "these leftover embryos are going to be tossed out anyway, so we might as well get some use out of them."

Hey, I know: When a woman wants an early term abortion, we can pay her to gestate a couple of extra months so her fetus can be of societal use! And imagine the possibilities when artificial wombs are created: We can gestate fetuses to order.

The road to fetal farming is already being paved.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1161085/Use-aborted-foetus-organs-transplants-urges-scientist.html
aka Someone Else

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: UK scientists say to use aborted fetuses as source of organs.
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 12:02:56 PM »
What's next?
Read this:
Fetal Farming, Here We Come: UK Scientists Say to Use Aborted Fetuses as Sources of Organs
Bioethicist Wesley Smith
March 11, 2009
http://www.wesleyjsmith.com/blog/2009/03/fetal-farming-here-we-come-use-aborted.html

Kidneys and livers from aborted foetuses could be given to the desperately ill and ease the organ donor shortage, a leading scientist has claimed. Professor Sir Richard Gardner, an Oxford University stem cell expert, said foetal tissues may offer a more realistic solution to the lack of organs than other technologies being developed.

Realize this would require later term abortions. But that's okay, according to another "expert:"

Require?  LOL.   This fellow sure knows how to twist language.

It would appear to me that Gardner is of the opinion that SINCE people already do abortions (I don't know what the legality is in the UK), they might as well use parts of them rather than throw them in the garbage after bludgeoning to death.

I guess xoce prefers the bludgeoning to conclude with a dump in the trash bin.   The rationale behind this preference is certainly unclear.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: UK scientists say to use aborted fetuses as source of organs.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 12:41:18 PM »
of course not.  I'm against abortion period.

Why would you think I'd prefer to kill babies and throw them in the trash?  Where in the world would you get that idea?

:::D

Hey, Holocaust victims were going to be dead and burned, why not do experiments on them?  Put them to some use?  What a waste to just throw them in the trash bin.
aka Someone Else