Author Topic: Historical map of Israel?  (Read 11267 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Re: Historical map of Israel?
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 04:33:29 PM »
I want to know how ancient Israel existed, i have just know Israel extended from the Nile to Syria-Arabia..

can some one show that to me on a modern day world map? of how Israel would look now as it used to exist in Ancient biblical times?

For example Bharat(Ancient India) extended from Iran to Indonesia.So right now we have practically lost 40% of our Ancient Holy land.

Your turn, post a map of Ancient India, we'd like to see what it looked like.  :)

Here's one on Ancient India

http://www.thisismyindia.com/ancient_india/map-of-ancient-india.html
And some of Ancient Greece if you're interrested.

http://www.mead.k12.wa.us/SHILOH/Griffith/MrGsWebPage2/Ancient_Greece/ancient_greece_maps.htm
that only shows Modern day India with Ancient City names, Not Ancient India

Where is a picture of historical india?  Or is it Hindustan?  Are they the same thing?

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2009, 06:45:33 PM »
Here is a possible map of the promised land:

We don't know the exact boundary, all we have is the verbal description in the Torah (as well as the opinion of various sages about the subject). Some of the place names mentioned in the biblical description had been lost from memory.

I think we could handle an Israel that size.

I am sure Israel can! But first you have to get this land ;)

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2009, 07:03:31 PM »
Here is a possible map of the promised land:

We don't know the exact boundary, all we have is the verbal description in the Torah (as well as the opinion of various sages about the subject). Some of the place names mentioned in the biblical description had been lost from memory.

I think we could handle an Israel that size.

I am sure Israel can! But first you have to get this land ;)

You're right, and it would be really easy to get if Israel just started annexing whatever land Muslims attacked them from.  They have a right to do this regardless of the fact that G-d promised them the land.

With God's help there will be an Eretz Yisrael! 

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2009, 08:15:28 PM »
I want to know how ancient Israel existed, i have just know Israel extended from the Nile to Syria-Arabia..

can some one show that to me on a modern day world map? of how Israel would look now as it used to exist in Ancient biblical times?

For example Bharat(Ancient India) extended from Iran to Indonesia.So right now we have practically lost 40% of our Ancient Holy land.

Your turn, post a map of Ancient India, we'd like to see what it looked like.  :)

It was known with the name of Aryavrata (nothing to do with Aryan) , Jambudvip and later Bharatvarsha.

WOW!!!!