Author Topic: Horrifying abuse at chimp research facility  (Read 1630 times)

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
Horrifying abuse at chimp research facility
« on: March 12, 2009, 01:20:42 AM »
Where is the supervision in these research facilities?  I am not against animal research for medical cures, but this has gone way too far and this paticular facility should be closed down for good. When using animals for science, they should be housed properly and every effort should be made to ensure no additional suffering happens. I am so outraged about this. May G-d help these poor chimps and deliver them from their horriffic abuse. May G-d also punish the scientists who harmed these animals intentionally.

Shalom & G-d Bless    Dox

Please pray for these animals too, thank you.

http://abcnews.go.com/Nightline/story?id=6997869&page=1

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Horrifying abuse at chimp research facility
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2009, 01:43:18 AM »
Dox,

I saw the report about this research facility as well.
The treatment of these poor animals is horrendous and deplorable.

I was thinking the same thing as you, where is the supervision over these facilities?
The abuse these chimps are suffering is unbelievable.

No animal should intentionally suffer like these poor animals

I too will pray for them tonight.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2009, 01:50:15 AM »
Dox,

I saw the report about this research facility as well.
The treatment of these poor animals is horrendous and deplorable.

I was thinking the same thing as you, where is the supervision over these facilities?
The abuse these chimps are suffering is unbelievable.

No animal should intentionally suffer like these poor animals

I too will pray for them tonight.

Thank you ag337, you are so kind...I am going BEG hashem to deliver them from their suffering. They better shut down this facility.

Thanks for the prayers for these suffering animals.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2009, 03:08:08 AM »
Oh but I'm sure researchers will treat HUMAN LIFE in the fetal form humanely, won't they?
(i.e. EMBRYONIC stem cell research)
aka Someone Else

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2009, 08:56:36 AM »

EDIT: JTF is a law abiding organization. Keep it civil...
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:32:49 PM by Mishmaat »

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2009, 11:49:48 AM »
Too bad they can't be put in cages and I would like to see them tear their flesh apart with their teeth from unbearable stress.
Then we could ask them how they like it? The government better shut this facility down, fast!

EDIT: Quote removed.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2009, 01:33:32 PM by Mishmaat »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2009, 01:05:58 PM »
Please guys, JTF does not support terrorism, domestic or otherwise. ALF, ELF and other such organizations conduct illegal activities and JTF is a completely law-abiding organization.

Offline Ichabod

• New JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2009, 01:10:14 PM »
New Iberia  is where Tabasco sauce is made.

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
  • What is, What was, What could be. thats what I see
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 08:46:14 PM »
Not only is this abuse of animals wrong in its own right, It is also sad as animal models are not nearly as good a prediction of responses in Humans as once thought.
"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2009, 09:43:47 PM »
Actually on the contrary they are treated very well here in harlem and newark.  You know. With affirmative action and all. :P
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2009, 10:52:49 PM »
e lowdown on animal testing for cosmetics
European Union continues phasing out animal experiments.

Alison Abbott Nature Online

The European Union has outlawed the use of animals in seven toxicity tests for cosmetics ingredients.AlamyAn amendment to the European Union's Cosmetics Directive today phases out the use of animals in testing for any acute toxic effects of beauty products and toiletries — effects such as eye and skin irritation that might be seen shortly after exposure. Nature News finds out what this entails.

What is the Cosmetics Directive and how is it changing?

The Cosmetics Directive was introduced in 1976 to enforce high safety standards for cosmetics across the EU member states. It was amended in 1993 to phase out the use of animals in testing, but the amendment was never implemented because no alternative, animal-free tests had been approved.

A stricter amendment was made in 2003. It forced a ban on the use of animals in testing of finished cosmetics products within one year, and imposed two further deadlines to phase out animal testing on any ingredient in a cosmetic product — regardless of whether alternative tests are available.

From today, the first of the two deadlines outlaws the use of animals in seven mandatory tests of toxicity following a single application. These are tests for skin irritancy, sensitivity to light, corrosivity, absorption through the skin, genetic toxicity, eye irritancy and acute toxicity. The amendment also bans the import of cosmetics containing ingredients that have been animal tested in this way after the deadline.

The second deadline, 11 March 2013, would see a ban on eight tests designed to establish longer-term toxicity following multiple applications, for example their ability to cause cancer or birth defects. However, this deadline may be renegotiated.

Why didn't the Commission forbid the marketing of cosmetics tested on animals — even without available alternatives — given that they are vanity products?

Money and politics. Europe is a world leader in cosmetics, with global sales approaching €80 billion (US$102 billion). That is nearly half of the world market. There are around 2,000 cosmetics manufacturers in the European Union, including some of the world's largest, such as L'Oreal and Estée Lauder, and they sell five billion items every year. It would have been difficult to get a political agreement to restrict such a profitable industry. And it's not just about mascara. Products like toothpaste, sunscreens and shampoos also fall under the Cosmetics Directive.

Have alternative tests become available for the 11 March 2009 deadline?

Alternatives to four of the seven tests banned today have been validated and approved by the European Union, and work on the other three is advanced. Experts say that solutions will be found within two years. During this time, the cosmetics industry will not be able to introduce new products that include chemicals not tested before the cut-off date.

How did scientists get so many new tests validated so fast?

The European Union has been pumping €35 million into efforts to develop alternative methods every year since the Cosmetics Directive was amended. EU member states are estimated to put in a combined total of a further €25 million per year. The European Union has implemented a systematic pan-European research programme to find alternatives, coordinated with the smaller efforts that are going on elsewhere in the world.

The cosmetics industry itself has contributed €25 million for developing alternatives, which was matched by a further €25 million by the European Union.

How many animals does the European cosmetics industry use in testing?

Not that many. In 2005, they used fewer than 6,000, just 0.05% of the total number of animals used in regulatory testing. Nonetheless, around 400 new substances find their way into cosmetics each year. Some are natural ingredients that don't require testing. And others that already have safety approval are bought in from chemicals manufacturers. That will now be difficult since the directive bans cosmetic ingredients that have been tested on animals anywhere in the world.

What is the procedure for getting a new alternative test approved?

An alternative test has to prove itself as reliable as the animal test it is replacing. The EU Joint Research Centre in Ispra, Italy, is responsible for approving such tests that then have to be adopted by regulatory authorities. Then they go to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development, which oversees global acceptance of new animal-free tests.

How does the European Union compare with the rest of the world?

No country has yet introduced legislation outlawing animal tests on cosmetics and cosmetic ingredients. But nations such as the United States and Japan are attempting to align the tests their regulatory bodies accept to those within Europe.

Is the cosmetics industry on track for the 2013 deadline?

Unfortunately not, and these tests for toxicity following longer-term exposure account for most of the animals used by the cosmetics industry. The tests are more difficult to reproduce in vitro because the biology involved is not so well understood. It may take a decade or more to develop and validate alternative tests that use no animals at all. But this deadline is negotiable.

Isn't the European Union dealing with other legislation on animal experiments at the moment?

Yes. The European Parliament's Agriculture Committee is due to debate a revised version of the wide-reaching directive on animal experiments on 31 March.

However, businesses and academic groups are concerned that the draft amendment would limit the reuse of the same animal in a series of experiments, and curb the use of specimens captured from the wild. The proposed amendment would also ban research on non-human primates unless it related to preserving the species in question or to life-threatening or debilitating clinical conditions in humans.

The full European Parliament could vote on the revised directive as early as the end of April if it passes the Agriculture Committee. But any disagreement at the committee stage could push the vote back. If members of the European Parliament cannot vote on the legislation before the European Parliament elections in June, the whole process may have to start again.

"You must not have looked in the new dictionary for the word Genocide, Because Right next to it is a picture of me with a capton that reads...over my dead body!"

The Doctor

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2009, 11:33:04 PM »
Not sorry at all for saying this, but I could not care less.

4k babies murdered today, I would consider it evil to shed a tear for monkey.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2009, 11:39:53 PM »
Just because things that were worse happened doesn't mean that these other things aren't bad too. Of course animals aren't equivalent to people, but abusing them, especially in such horrible ways, is still evil and should still be stopped, and you should still care about their pain because it hurts just like if someone hit you.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2009, 11:53:25 PM »
I hate to hear such sad stories like this. Babies and animals are the innocents of this world and deserve to be treated as G-d's creatures, with as much love and care as possible. I hope these places get shut down, there is no reason for this! :'(
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2009, 11:54:58 PM »

For your information I am pro life. Abortion is Murder!

So are you telling me that your compassion is limited to humans only?

I hope you don't have any pets!   G-d help them if you do.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2009, 11:58:05 PM »
I hate to hear such sad stories like this. Babies and animals are the innocents of this world and deserve to be treated as G-d's creatures, with as much love and care as possible. I hope these places get shut down, there is no reason for this! :'(

Thanks Dawn, I know you love animals and babies too! Compassion comes from the heart and  should never be limited.

Shalom - Dox

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2009, 11:59:19 PM »
Just because things that were worse happened doesn't mean that these other things aren't bad too. Of course animals aren't equivalent to people, but abusing them, especially in such horrible ways, is still evil and should still be stopped, and you should still care about their pain because it hurts just like if someone hit you.

Ruby, thank you.

Shalom - Dox

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2009, 03:57:12 PM »

There is room in my Heart for Humans and animals.

The Doctor

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 05:05:33 PM »

So I guess (she thinks we are evil ) because we feel sorry for abused animals. I cannot imagine ( a person who views that video,) does not feel any compassion for those horribly abused primates. The chimps were screaming, rocking back and forth in tiny cages, banging their heads against the bars, and tearing their own flesh apart from the inability to deal with their horriffic situation.

Thank you for viewing that video Dalek, you obviously care for animals too.    :  )

Shalom & G-d Bless - Dox 

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 05:26:34 PM »

So I guess (she thinks we are evil ) because we feel sorry for abused animals. I cannot imagine ( a person who views that video,) does not feel any compassion for those horribly abused primates. The chimps were screaming, rocking back and forth in tiny cages, banging their heads against the bars, and tearing their own flesh apart from the inability to deal with their horriffic situation.

Thank you for viewing that video Dalek, you obviously care for animals too.    :  )

Shalom & G-d Bless - Dox 

I haven't (don't think I could) watch the video  :D
aka Someone Else

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 05:30:10 PM »

Shalom & G-d Bless - Dox 

I haven't (don't think I could) watch the video  :D

I understand, it would break your heart.

Shalom - Dox   

Offline Daleksfearme

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 05:36:40 PM »

Shalom & G-d Bless - Dox 

Animal lover here !

One of the great delights in my life is the use of pet therapy for the Alzheimer's participants that I work with. Its the best of both worlds.

The Doctor