Author Topic: Fetal Farming  (Read 752 times)

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Fetal Farming
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »
Published at the huff po, John Appel writes that we should create a market for babys' organs:
www.huffingtonpost.com/jacob-m-appel/are-we-ready-for-a-market_b_175900.html
Opponents of reproductive choice will object to such a market on the grounds that it will increase the number of abortions -- which will indeed be the logical result. However, such a market might also bring solace to women who have already decided upon abortion, but desire that some additional social good come from the procedure. Like the families of accident victims who donate the organs of their loved ones, these women could well find their decisions fortified by the public benefit that they generate. An additional economic incentive would further assuage any doubts, and might even make the procedure more palatable to otherwise equivocal spouses or partners. [...]  the prospect of fetal-adult organ transplantation is a much more realistic near-term possibility. A market in such organs might benefit both society and the women who choose to take advantage of it.

Like I wrote earlier, Jews were going to die in the death camps, why not use their organs?
No!  How about this idea?! Don't MURDER!!!!!  Then there will be no sitting around imagining all the "beneficial" things we can do with their body parts.  SICK.

:throw:

In the UK:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1161085/Use-aborted-foetus-organs-transplants-urges-scientist.html

But Professor Stuart Campbell, who has argued for the abortion time limit to be lowered, had no ethical objections to the proposal. He said many babies were aborted quite 'and if they are going to be terminated, it is a shame to waste their organs'.

Bioethicist Wesley Smith:

Where have we heard that before? It sounds just like "these leftover embryos are going to be tossed out anyway, so we might as well get some use out of them."

Hey, I know: When a woman wants an early term abortion, we can pay her to gestate a couple of extra months so her fetus can be of societal use! And imagine the possibilities when artificial wombs are created: We can gestate fetuses to order.

The road to fetal farming is already being paved.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:31:33 PM by xoce »
aka Someone Else

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Fetal Farming
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 09:32:09 PM »
Sick Sick Sick... The value of life has degraded to such a low point... I can't believe that in Japan people actually consider Suicide a valid way to express depression because a person is out of work. All these people who have so little hope and lose their souls.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 09:38:58 PM »
Sick Sick Sick... The value of life has degraded to such a low point... I can't believe that in Japan people actually consider Suicide a valid way to express depression because a person is out of work. All these people who have so little hope and lose their souls.

They also consider, and commit suicide when they get rejected from good colleges over there.  They even have a word to define people who get rejected from their good prestigious schools.  They're called "ronin." This is a word that originated way back in feudal Japan.  It was used to refer to sammurai whose lords were killed in battle.  Back then, such people were considered low lifes, and they were encouraged to commit "sepuku" which is Japanese ritual suicide. 

But anyway, back to this fetal farming business, it does sound pretty sick. 

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 09:39:22 PM »

Well with regards to the notion that your life is useless unless you are working, I'd prefer a society to adhere to that than a society which coddles the lazy lowlifes.
But it is very true that it is sad that life is devalued to that extent.

Taking one's own life is very different from "sacrificing" the life of another, however.  Especially if the victim is an innocent little baby or someone defenseless.
aka Someone Else

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 09:42:31 PM »

They also consider, and commit suicide when they get rejected from good colleges over there.  They even have a word to define people who get rejected from their good prestigious schools.  They're called "ronin." This is a word that originated way back in feudal Japan.  It was used to refer to samurai whose lords were killed in battle.  Back then, such people were considered low lifes, and they were encouraged to commit "seppuku" which is Japanese ritual suicide. 

But anyway, back to this fetal farming business, it does sound pretty sick. 

Ronin refers to any kid who doesn't get into whatever college (of course usually a good school) and spends the next year(s) re-studying for the entrance exam, and taking on some sort of temporary job, usually.

In Japan, people also commit suicide when they are caught in a scandal (financial/political/etc)
Again, I prefer that to societies such as America where the sick corrupt perverts parade around as if they are invincible and 1. get reelected  and/or 2. become richer and 3.  become more famous
Ted Kennedy, Paris Hilton, Bernie Maddoff, William "cold cash" Jefferson, Bill Clinton, Magic "HIV/AIDS" Johnson, to NAME JUST A FEW would probably have offed themselves if they were Japanese and lived in Japan.
of course, there are many corrupt people in Japan who don't kill themselves, but like Lisa said, many do.  And I'm all for it.

And again, suicide and killing someone ELSE are two whole different things.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2009, 09:50:34 PM by xoce »
aka Someone Else

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 01:50:07 AM »
 :o
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani