Author Topic: A Blog of Interest  (Read 2559 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
A Blog of Interest
« on: March 25, 2007, 07:58:29 PM »
http://sixthcolumn.typepad.com/

The links on the sidebar also look interesting. 

Lisa

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: A Blog of Interest
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 06:44:48 AM »
In an attempt to translate this into an idea for JTF worthy of the Think Tank, this get's me thinking that some of our excellent posters here at the forum should have their own blogs.

Intelligent, witty, funny and informative. These are the qualities of many our posters: Martuzrah and Allen T just to name a few.

They should all have their own blogs and build their own audiences (get advice from succesful bloggers on how to make it in the blogging world).

If we had five of ten new blogs all leading back the the ideology of JTF it would really strengthen our presence on the internet. Remember its all a numbers game.

Many great posts/articles are already here on the forum-why not collect them and post them to a blog and updates a couple times a week. Instead of preaching to choir over here...reach new people.

This is especially needed now that www.jtf.org appear to no longer be doing original articles for the past few months. Its too much for Chaim so its time for us to pick up the slack.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 04:41:11 PM »
For whatever it's worth, I have a blog.  The main focus though, is not on the Middle East:

http://www.theurbangrindblog.com

However, I do have a link to JTF.org and this forum in my sidebar.  And I often hat tip people on the forum if I decide to blog about something that's been posted here.  That hat tip consists of a link to the page on the forum with the specific post. 

But if anyone here wants help starting a blog, just let me know. 

Lisa

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 10:33:25 AM »
Good job! Good blog!

Do you get many hits?

Maybe you could like to a site my friend and I recently started about Hasidic philosohpy. It needs work but we are building it up and I know that one day it will be a great force for righteousness and goodness and in the world.

can link to it from: www.revealtheessence.com

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 11:00:53 AM »
Very nice looking site.  I will link to it.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
Ok Lulab.  I just linked to your site.  It's listed on my sidebar under "other sites of interest."  It's the same category as JTF.org, the JTF forum, and Centcomm. 

In terms of visitors, my traffic varies.  Some days, I may get fifty visitors.  Other days a little over a hundred.  And other times, if one of my posts get linked by a larger blog, I might get around 200 visitors a day.  But I'm glad you like it. 

Offline Lubab

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 03:52:28 PM »
Thank you so much!
I hope I can repay the favor one day.