Author Topic: Russia to buy drones from Israel  (Read 2511 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Russia to buy drones from Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2009, 05:40:19 AM »
Russia's five-day war with neighbouring Georgia last August exposed a Soviet-style army with obsolete equipment and a lack of spy drones and high-precision bombs, analysts said.

:::D

What nonsense. As far as I remember the Georgian military was without any chance althrough of western weapons and training. So the Russian military works. It is not like in the nineties.

I have seen a few videos about the Russian warfare in Georgia. They fought very well and the soldiers acted well educated and trained. I have seen some videos about the Georgian soldiers too. They fled in panic.

There could be many causes, why the Russians want to buy this drones. But don't be fooled. If Russia wants they can build easily drones too.

"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2009, 05:55:38 AM »
Russia's five-day war with neighbouring Georgia last August exposed a Soviet-style army with obsolete equipment and a lack of spy drones and high-precision bombs, analysts said.

What nonsense. As far as I remember the Georgian military was without any chance althrough of western weapons and training. So the Russian military works. It is not like in the nineties.

I have seen a few videos about the Russian warfare in Georgia. They fought very well and the soldiers acted well educated and trained. I have seen some videos about the Georgian soldiers too. They fled in panic.

There could be many causes, why the Russians want to buy this drones. But don't be fooled. If Russia wants they can build easily drones too.

Pheasant,

I think that you made a very good observation about this story.
I don't think these drones have anything to do with Russia's conflict with Georgia, leaving Russia's equipment obsolete.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2009, 07:14:56 AM »
Russia is lagging years behind western countries in drone technology so they want to catch up fast. I think this is a bad deal for Israel because the Russians are going to copy this technology and sell it to our enemies. This is possibly the first time that Russia would buy foreign weapon system since WWII.

Regarding their last war vs. Georgia- the Russians beat a weak and undetermined enemy, and they had complete air superiority, huge advantage in numbers and firepower. There is only so much that western equipment can help, and besides, mostly, modern western weapons emphasize surveillance and precision strike rather than firepower and lethality.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2009, 11:53:15 AM »
Russia is lagging years behind western countries in drone technology so they want to catch up fast. I think this is a bad deal for Israel because the Russians are going to copy this technology and sell it to our enemies. This is possibly the first time that Russia would buy foreign weapon system since WWII.

Regarding their last war vs. Georgia- the Russians beat a weak and undetermined enemy, and they had complete air superiority, huge advantage in numbers and firepower. There is only so much that western equipment can help, and besides, mostly, modern western weapons emphasize surveillance and precision strike rather than firepower and lethality.
Well-said  :clap:

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »

its just a  deal they made so israel can stop selling stuff to georgia

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 12:36:16 PM »

actually, the georgians outnumbered the russians in the first days of the war, and the numbers only reached parity.  Georgia was never outnumbered.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 03:15:14 PM »
The vestiges of the cold war have to be eliminated completely, before expedition against global muslamic terrorist imperialism has to begin.

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:38:27 PM »
There are parallels in history.

Every party, that fought Russia during the times, underestimated the Russian military.

The Turkish Sultan, Napoleon, Hitler and even (excuse the state in this enumeration) the USA.

In recent times, the prejudices come from the use of Russian weapon systems by the Muslims. But I am shure if you give the Muslims the most modern western weapon systems, they would loose too.

It depends all on the man, that handels the weapons. It is about the education level, the tactics and the mentality of the soldier down to the youngest conscript.

I am shure if Israel i.e. would interchange their weapon systems with the Syrians or Egypt, they would beat them as well.

I personally think very highly about Russian weapon systems and about the Russian military from a "technically" point of view.

I think, that our task is to explain to the Russians, that it is in their interest to feel associated with us.

I know it will not be easy, because lots of porcelain is broken on both sides. But Russians are no quranimals and if we will give them respect, it will return to us.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 02:16:48 AM »

Every party, that fought Russia during the times, underestimated the Russian military.

The Turkish Sultan, Napoleon, Hitler and even (excuse the state in this enumeration) the USA.

In recent times, the prejudices come from the use of Russian weapon systems by the Muslims. But I am shure if you give the Muslims the most modern western weapon systems, they would loose too.

It depends all on the man, that handels the weapons. It is about the education level, the tactics and the mentality of the soldier down to the youngest conscript.

I am shure if Israel i.e. would interchange their weapon systems with the Syrians or Egypt, they would beat them as well.

I personally think very highly about Russian weapon systems and about the Russian military from a "technically" point of view.

I think, that our task is to explain to the Russians, that it is in their interest to feel associated with us.

I know it will not be easy, because lots of porcelain is broken on both sides. But Russians are no quranimals and if we will give them respect, it will return to us.
I disagree. If you examine more carefully, the Russian victories against Hitler and Napolean came at huge costs and only because their foe was fighting against a coalition of major powers and making moronic yet hugely strategic mistakes. 

On the other hand, they were defeated in WWI, by Japan in 1905, in Crimea  by a western expeditionary force. In any conflict against a major power, the Russian army was either soundly defeated or saved by a combination of strong allies and the Russian weather.

As for Turkey- It was a failing weak minor empire, that doesn't count.

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 02:19:33 AM »

I disagree. If you examine more carefully, the Russian victories against Hitler and Napolean came at huge costs and only because their foe was fighting against a coalition of major powers and making moronic yet hugely strategic mistakes. 

On the other hand, they were defeated in WWI, by Japan in 1905, in Crimea  by a western expeditionary force. In any conflict against a major power, the Russian army was either soundly defeated or saved by a combination of strong allies and the Russian weather.

No, The soviets already had the upper hand against Germany in WW2 before the second front against them opened

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 02:40:25 AM »

No, The soviets already had the upper hand against Germany in WW2 before the second front against them opened
No, The Germans were fighting a second front in Africa, and they were wasting their air force in attacking Britain and defending against allied bombing raids. The Russians were sustained by allied supplies, while the Germans were effectively blockaded by the allied navies. And even that was not enough, the Germans were lead by a madman Hitler who forced his army to make huge mistakes at critical stages of the campaign.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 03:16:39 AM »

No, The Germans were fighting a second front in Africa, and they were wasting their air force in attacking Britain and defending against allied bombing raids. The Russians were sustained by allied supplies, while the Germans were effectively blockaded by the allied navies. And even that was not enough, the Germans were lead by a madman Hitler who forced his army to make huge mistakes at critical stages of the campaign.
Hitler took on more then his resources would allow. If America and to a lesser extent England was not in the picture things would have been far different for Russia. The thing that has saved Russia many times is the Russian winter. Hitlers army froze because they became bogged down from snow and ice. Long supply lines made it impossible for supplies and warmer clothing to reach the front. Hitler only really did well if the enemy collapsed quickly like it did in Poland. The Russians were in a position to hunker down and let nature do the work. Later in the war the  Russians produced a very good tank but Uncle Joe ( Stalin ) was always after FDR for supplies and weapons. Russia was backwards at the start of WW2 and to some extent even today their weapons systems are almost never cutting edge. To make up for it  Russia over produces weapons and almost never scraps anything until its almost useless and that closes the gap to some extent.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 05:14:59 AM »
Yes Zelhar you have a point. The Krim-war and the the Russian Japanese war were not glorious for the Russians.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 07:22:16 AM »
This is an evil act. At a time when Russia is arming every muzzie terror group in existence, the last thing israel should be doing is selling them weapons. 
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline DownwithIslam

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 07:26:57 AM »
I wish we had hayamin haamiti in power so that instead of arming evil Russia, Israel would sabotage them.
I am urinating on a Koran.

Offline proud montenegrian serb

• Junior JTFer
  • nitje krava rodila vuka,ni hrvatica rodila hajduka
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 07:48:42 AM »
i can't believe i read much stupidity here.
russia arms muslims in the world?
so what USA is doing?
arming muslim shiptars on Kosovo,and muslims in Bosnia.
sorry but am i wrong that osama bin laden was a CIA man agaijns the russians in afghanistan.
just think if u were watching stupid film RAMBO,about mujahedins,on that movie they were a good people fighting against russians and rambo helped them?
stupid film,but fact is fact!
so please stop talking about russia as evil empire,it is not.
it is one big(biggest)ortodox coutry who rised from ash of stupid comunism,and every day it is stronger and stronger!
and don't think that russian loves muslim,they not,but russia now plays games like USA.
long live the mother russia and Puttin!!!

beautifull gulf of Boka Kotorska,where mountains meet the sea

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 08:21:25 AM »
Stupidity comes in many forms. Russia is only good when it was broke and in financial distress. Boy they were everyones friend then......Now that they had a few good years and are flush with oil revenue they are feeling their oats again. They are an expansionist power that would take over anything that they could get their hands on and suck it dry. Look at how well they did with all the iron curtain countries. Personally I would not sell them a firecracker .....Russia is dangerous enough to world stability with just the obsolete garbage they produce on their own. I am glad they have a neighbor like China to keep a close eye on them.

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 08:24:35 AM »
It is difficult to differentiate between American supported Muslamics and Russian supported Muslamics. Both are equal eevviillss.  
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
This is an evil act. At a time when Russia is arming every muzzie terror group in existence, the last thing israel should be doing is selling them weapons. 

That is what I was thinking. Why would they let them steal their technology?

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2009, 10:15:58 AM »

The report implies that Israel agreed to the deal after the Russian assured that they will NOT deliver the S-300 air defense system to Iran.

Online Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 10:21:29 AM »
i can't believe i read much stupidity here.
russia arms muslims in the world?
so what USA is doing?
arming muslim shiptars on Kosovo,and muslims in Bosnia.
sorry but am i wrong that osama bin laden was a CIA man agaijns the russians in afghanistan.
just think if u were watching stupid film RAMBO,about mujahedins,on that movie they were a good people fighting against russians and rambo helped them?
stupid film,but fact is fact!
so please stop talking about russia as evil empire,it is not.
it is one big(biggest)ortodox coutry who rised from ash of stupid comunism,and every day it is stronger and stronger!
and don't think that russian loves muslim,they not,but russia now plays games like USA.
long live the mother russia and Puttin!!!
As a principle we are against supplying weapons to muslims by any source, including the western arms delivery to muslim countries. Now Bin Laden was never a CIA agent so be exact in what you say. It is true that the CIA supplied weapons to the Afghan muslims, and America bankrolled  the Pakistani ISI which created the Taliban.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 10:24:22 AM »

The report implies that Israel agreed to the deal after the Russian assured that they will NOT deliver the S-300 air defense system to Iran.
Russia has been so trustworthy over the years who should question an assurance like that ::)