Author Topic: Hey, guess what China is doing...or wants to do...  (Read 1534 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Hey, guess what China is doing...or wants to do...
« on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:29 PM »
They want another currency to invest in, because they won't invest in the dollar anymore.  Why don't they want to invest in the dollar?  Well, maybe because it is quickly becoming worthless.  Since the government has decided that printing money is a good way of generating revenue (something a 5 year old knows doesn't work, but apparently our government doesn't know that), China wants to invest in something real.

I have no love for China, but this is TERRIBLE news!  This could be the beginning of an economic isolation for the United States.

Thank you so much dear communist leaders of America!

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
Re: Hey, guess what China is doing...or wants to do...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 11:13:28 PM »
They want another currency to invest in, because they won't invest in the dollar anymore.  Why don't they want to invest in the dollar?  Well, maybe because it is quickly becoming worthless.  Since the government has decided that printing money is a good way of generating revenue (something a 5 year old knows doesn't work, but apparently our government doesn't know that), China wants to invest in something real.

I have no love for China, but this is TERRIBLE news!  This could be the beginning of an economic isolation for the United States.

The chinese communists (chi-coms) are more capitalistic and pragmatic than American so-called leaders.
 :)

what an upside-down world.
aka Someone Else

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 03:10:33 AM »
Sign of the times.  I've heard some intelligence experts say that if Obama won, the Chinese believed it would signal the beginning of their dominance in the world. They think he's very inexperienced and do not respect him.   

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 06:53:36 AM »
Sign of the times.  I've heard some intelligence experts say that if Obama won, the Chinese believed it would signal the beginning of their dominance in the world. They think he's very inexperienced and do not respect him.   

Experience?  Respect?  No, no you have it all wrong.  That's not what the American people want in a president.  What they want is someone who speaks well when reading a teleprompter and who is part African-American so they can feel good about themselves now that they've proven to the world that they're not racists.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 07:07:08 AM »
The Chinese are trapped, if they stop buying dollars, then their trillion dollar worth of American bonds would lose much of its value. Even worse, the low dollar would cripple their exports.

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 11:25:55 AM »
Chinese history shows a deep respect for and use of gold.  They will return to precious metals as the basis of true wealth when the dollar collapses in the coming years.  The idea of using a basket of currencies will eventually fade as they are printed fiat currency as well.  Eventually there will need to be another Bretton-Woods meeting in order to reestablish gold as the only tried and true monetary standard.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 12:15:29 PM »
China has over a billion citizens. I highly doubt there will be any deflation or use of gold in their currency
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Zelhar

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 01:26:55 PM »
Maybe China will adopt a Jade backed currency...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 02:59:10 PM »

Do you have a source for this?

I think it would make front page news.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2009, 03:05:03 PM »

Experience?  Respect?  No, no you have it all wrong.  That's not what the American people want in a president.  What they want is someone who speaks well when reading a teleprompter and who is part African-American so they can feel good about themselves now that they've proven to the world that they're not racists.

That is so right on.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 03:12:47 PM »
Chinese history shows a deep respect for and use of gold.  They will return to precious metals as the basis of true wealth when the dollar collapses in the coming years.  The idea of using a basket of currencies will eventually fade as they are printed fiat currency as well.  Eventually there will need to be another Bretton-Woods meeting in order to reestablish gold as the only tried and true monetary standard.

If they go back to the gold standard, I will walk across the park naked (Something you dont want to see)

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 04:11:00 PM »
China is only slightly better off then we are when it comes to bad money pratices. They are constantly playing with the value of their currency. The only thing that saves the day in China seems to be the fact the they have a population that still uses cash more then credit. Countries like China should not rock the boat since a major disruption here in the states could quickly put their economy in deep turmoil.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2009, 04:23:44 PM »

I heard it in the Dennis Prager show on Tuesday.  Here is the site I heard it on:
http://townhall.com/talkradio/show.aspx?radioshowid=3

Do you have a source for this?

I think it would make front page news.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2009, 04:43:57 PM »
China is only slightly better off then we are when it comes to bad money pratices. They are constantly playing with the value of their currency. The only thing that saves the day in China seems to be the fact the they have a population that still uses cash more then credit. Countries like China should not rock the boat since a major disruption here in the states could quickly put their economy in deep turmoil.

China PEGS their currency to ours.   Whenever the dollar goes down... they SELL their own currency to decrease its value... whenever the dollar goes up... they BUY their own currency to make the value go up.

Its honestly, not a very smart system... and countries usually abandon it after a while... however... in this case... it could hurt us quite a bit if they unpeg the dollar.

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 10:40:55 PM »
The Chinese are trapped, if they stop buying dollars, then their trillion dollar worth of American bonds would lose much of its value. Even worse, the low dollar would cripple their exports.

I never thought of that.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 01:44:47 AM »
So Obama is going to bury us financially! I knew he was attempting to destroy this Country, I just didn't know how he was going to do it.
I thought Obama was going to disarm our Military First.  I guess disarming our Country and leaving it open for attack would be too obvious to most Americans, so he chose the financial crisis as an alternative. What an evil sneaky man!