Author Topic: Birkat HaChama-pray for Jonathan Pollard and all of Israel's captives and MIAs  (Read 335 times)

Offline Israeli Mouse

• Full JTFer
Birkat HaChama

On Wednesday, the 8th of April 2009, (14 Nissan, 5769) at sunrise

the Jewish nation will gather in Jerusalem

and cities all over the country and the world

to recite Birkat HaChama

Please keep in mind to pray for the immediate release of

Yehonatan ben Malka Pollard

and all of Israel's captives and MIAs

This blessing occurs only once every 28 years. Let's not miss this rare opportunity!

"And those redeemed of HaShem will return and come to Tzion rejoicing, with all the joy of the world upon their heads; gladness and exaltation shall be theirs; and sorrow and tragedy banished."
"Let us not suffer from a national amnesia that causes us to forget who and what we are."

-  Rav Kahane zt''l

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I will be attending a 7AM minyan on the day before Pesach in order to say the Blessing on the Sun and also to satisfy the requirements which allow me to avoid the Fast of the Firstborn {I am a firstborn}. I am taking both the 8th and 9th off from work and will be engaged in mitzvahs from morning to late in the evening. It is Hashems providence that I will be taking out a friend I haven't heard from in almost 2 years who has come down with a very rare and fatal degenerative brain disease. I will take her out to lunch on the afternoon of the 8th, so I must be able to satisfy my obligation regarding the fast.

I will certainly have kevannah {intention} concerning Jonathan Pollards fate and with Hashems help he will be redeemed. Pesach is the Yom Tov of redemption and the sages tell us that there is much to learn about concerning the Bnai Israels redemption from Mitzrayim.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14