Author Topic: Will 2009 be the year of the Santa War?  (Read 2882 times)

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
Will 2009 be the year of the Santa War?
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:18:22 AM »
With the increasing Islamization of Europe, will one of the European Countries try to deny its airspace to Santa? Could 2009 be the year of the Santa War?

http://christmas.howstuffworks.com/santas-sleigh.htm/printable

http://www.noradsanta.org/

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Will 2009 be the year of the Santa War?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 08:22:41 AM »
I was a little angry with Norad last year because they showed on their radar that he went to San Antonio but not to Houston.

Anyway I think that Blitzen has lightning that comes out of his eyes that can counter any incoming weaponry to keep Santa safe. Unfortunately Rudolf's nose gives away Santa's position more easily.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 08:41:03 AM »
Now they're targeting Christmas?
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2009, 08:46:00 AM »
Apart from denial of Airspace to Santa, now onwards all European toilets may be facing away from Mecca and Africa and facing towards America, Canada, Russia and North Pole. How much angered Santa is going to be. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1061051/Londons-Olympic-Park-toilets-turn-away-Mecca-respect-Islamic-law.html
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 08:56:11 AM »
I wonder if they have to face away from Mecca when they pass gas?

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2009, 11:00:56 AM »
I was a little angry with Norad last year because they showed on their radar that he went to San Antonio but not to Houston.

Anyway I think that Blitzen has lightning that comes out of his eyes that can counter any incoming weaponry to keep Santa safe. Unfortunately Rudolf's nose gives away Santa's position more easily.

How did children like get presents in Houston then? Very probably Rudolf's nose is a anti-collision beacon when operating in congested civil airspace. If so, as military aircraft also have anti-collision lighting which they can switch off, if they are operating in a threat area, presumably then Rudolf can switch this beacon off, if he needs too.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2009, 11:05:57 AM »
Now they're targeting Christmas?

For sure. Listen to this guff.

This guy tends to be a bit long winded, so you might want to pick this youtube up at about the six minute mark.

You will unfortunately need to listen to all of the second youtube.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 11:11:47 AM by Adrian Wainer »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 12:11:23 PM »

How did children like get presents in Houston then? Very probably Rudolf's nose is a anti-collision beacon when operating in congested civil airspace. If so, as military aircraft also have anti-collision lighting which they can switch off, if they are operating in a threat area, presumably then Rudolf can switch this beacon off, if he needs too.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Yes that's true, his nose acts as an anti-collision beacon. :) Great point! I think the parents actually had to order presents from the elf shop online. That way Santa doesn't have to physically visit everywhere.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 02:07:45 PM »

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Yes that's true, his nose acts as an anti-collision beacon. :) Great point! I think the parents actually had to order presents from the elf shop online. That way Santa doesn't have to physically visit everywhere.

No, I think Santa does actually try to visit each home personally. I presume that, there are some technical issues why there are some very good children and they hope to get presents from Santa and they do not get any presents but for sure they are probably the most special children to Santa and I would have a high level of confidence,  that is something that really upsets him. Obviously, if this ever happened to a parent when they were a child, they always buy a present or two just in case Santa can not deliver due to operational difficulties but I think it is the case that most children who get presents, that the presents actually come from Santa but their parents tell them they bought them in regular shops, even though the parents know Santa delivers them, because lots of people do not believe in Santa and the parents are afraid if they told their children that the presents really came from Santa, their children would get bullied in the Junior high. 

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 02:20:11 PM by Adrian Wainer »

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 02:41:14 PM »
This really stinks.

Even Santa is not safe from persecution.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »
Come on....

This is meshugah stuff... Why are people discussing Santa and its not even spring yet?

Why do parents do this to their kids? Maybe its funny for a while but the kids grow up...

PS: I put up with Santa during his season but I really dont understand this concept. It has nothing to do with the holiday.

I have no 'war' with Santa but I look forward to the day when I don't have to suffer through eons of advertisements for these kinds of holidays.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2009, 04:12:19 PM »
Come on....

This is meshugah stuff... Why are people discussing Santa and its not even spring yet?

Why do parents do this to their kids? Maybe its funny for a while but the kids grow up...

PS: I put up with Santa during his season but I really dont understand this concept. It has nothing to do with the holiday.

I have no 'war' with Santa but I look forward to the day when I don't have to suffer through eons of advertisements for these kinds of holidays.

With regard to "meshugah", I spoke to a friend, who knows some Jewish words, he thinks it means crazy, is he right?

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2009, 04:26:36 PM »
Come on....

With regard to "meshugah", I spoke to a friend, who knows some Jewish words, he thinks it means crazy, is he right?

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Yes Adrian,

The word Meshugah is yiddish for a crazy.I am not knocking religious belief here. It is just hard for someone like me who is Orthodox to live in a word where we are innundated with non-Jewish ideas.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2009, 04:46:55 PM »

Yes Adrian,

The word Meshugah is yiddish for a crazy.I am not knocking religious belief here. It is just hard for someone like me who is Orthodox to live in a word where we are innundated with non-Jewish ideas.

Would I be right that in thinking that in Judaism, protecting innocent lives both Jewish and non-Jewish is  very important, to the extent that it is actually regarded as a being a positive to break many commandments of Judaism, if that will save lives?

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer 
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:53:56 PM by Adrian Wainer »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 05:22:41 PM »

Yes Adrian,

Would I be right that in thinking that in Judaism, protecting innocent lives both Jewish and non-Jewish is  very important, to the extent that it is actually regarded as a being a positive to break many commandments of Judaism, if that will save lives?

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer 

Hello Adrian,

Yes, you are commenting on the principle of "Pikuach Nefesh".

http://www.chabad.org/search/keyword_cdo/kid/12103/jewish/Pikuach-Nefesh-Saving-a-Life.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pikuach_nefesh

This is the principle that one must save a life even if it means transgressing a negative mitzvah.

Here is some info from wikipedia:

Pikuach nefesh (Hebrew: פיקוח נפש‎, "saving of human life") is the principle in Jewish law that the saving of a human life is paramount, overriding virtually any other religious consideration. When the life of a specific human being is in danger, almost any negative commandment of the Torah may be broken, with just three exceptions.

Exceptions

There are some Jewish laws that may not be violated, even when a life is in danger. In these cases, a life must be sacrificed rather than a halakha be broken. These include:

Defaming G-d's Name

Sins that involve Chillul Hashem (the defamation of G-d's name) may not be committed to save one's life. These include idolatry, blasphemy, or denial of G-d's existence. Forbidden violations include:

* Worship of any G-d other than Hashem
    * Bowing to any G-d other than Hashem for show just to please the enemy, or other signs of pretending to worship such a G-d, even if one's intention is not to worship
    * Violating any negative commandment in submission to a persecuting enemy whose purpose is to stand against G-d
    * Construction of such a G-d for oneself or others to worship, or support of such worship
    * Entry into a building where a G-d other than Hashem is being worshipped
    * Recitation or printing G-d's Holy Name in vain
    * Destruction of G-d's Holy Name from a printed sheet or paper or parchment except in the performance of rituals prescribed in the Torah
    * Pretending G-d does not exist in order to avoid persecution

Murder

Any act that intentionally causes the death of another person (considered to be an act of murder), that injures a person so the potential for death from the injuries is high, or that otherwise creates a dangerous situation that will very likely put one or more lives at risk, is not permitted for the preservation of life. Forbidden examples are:

* Harvesting organs from the body of a person who is clearly alive
    * Live organ donation, where the risk of death for the donor is extremely high. If the risk is low, the donation is permitted.
    * Driving at a very high speed in order to reach a hospital if a crash with an innocent motorist is almost assured

Exceptions

An exception in which killing another person is permitted is the case of a rodef (aggressor), who may be killed in order to save the live of oneself or another. This permits self-defense and wartime killings in Judaism. Also, abortion is permitted in Jewish law if the unborn fetus is endangering the mother's life, because the fetus is considered to be a rodef. The "rodef" assertion is also used to permit the separation of conjoined twins when it is likely or even certain that one will die as a result if the operation if this is necessary to save the other.

Biblically-sanctioned executions may be performed, though they are not performed today.

Life for a life

While one is not permitted to automatically give up one's life in order to save the life of another (an act of suicide, forbidden in Jewish law), one may risk his/her life to save the life of another. Doing so is a great mitzvah.

One may not put another's life in danger, especially against that person's will, in order to save his/her own life or that of another.

Scholars have long questioned whether or not stealing is permitted in order to save a life. Most have concluded that stealing sustenance from a poor person is prohibited under life-threatening circumstances, since the life of a poor person who loses even a small portion of his/her sustenance is considered to be endangered. Also, operating a business or similar operation that intentionally robs or defrauds the poor of all or any part of their sustenance is strictly forbidden. Even robbing or defrauding a large business, an organization, or the government is forbidden if the poor will suffer as a result of the business, organization, or government losing these funds.

Lashon hara is symbolically considered an act of murder, and therefore may not be spoken to save a life. However, most cases in which bad word must be spoken against a person in order to save a life are productive, and thereby do not constitute lashon hara.

Torturing or persecuting another person is forbidden, since a person who has undergone such trauma has been "murdered" for whom s/he is. An exception is one who is seemingly tortured by medical treatment performed to save his/her life.

Forbidden relationships

Engaging in individual sex acts or entering long-term relationships forbidden according to the Torah are not permitted if failure to do so would place one's life on the line. This adultery, incest (acts with one's blood relatives mentioned in the Torah as constituting a forbidden relationship), premarital sex, sexual relationship between a Jew and a gentile, male homosexual acts, or marriage between a kohein and a woman forbidden to a kohein.

Forbidden sex acts that are only rabbincally prohibited are permitted in order to save a life. Also forbidden forms of sex with one's spouse, such as niddah violations, are also permitted in order to save a life.

Other behaviors that directly lead to a violation of a prohibited sex act are also forbidden in order to save a life. For example, violations of yichud laws prohibiting long-term seclusion with a member of the opposite sex would be forbidden. It is therefore forbidden to live with a member of the opposite sex forbidden under yichud laws if the alternative is life-threatening homelessness. However, indirect violations, such as those falling under the category of negiah, may be broken. A man is permitted to rescue a drowning woman, even if his contact with her causes him to be sexually aroused. Violations of tznius laws are not forbidden to save a life because these are rabbinically defined and standards vary by community.

Rape

If one is raped by physical force, this is not considered to be a violation, since the victim has no control over the act. Even if the victim is capable of fighting back but fails even to attempt to do so, no violation has occurred. But scholars have questioned if one who is threatened with a weapon to submit to a forbidden sex act is required to give up his/her life rather than submitting. Most scholars have concluded that due to the trauma one is experiencing during such an event, the act is considered involuntary, and even if s/he submits to the act, s/he is forgiven.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 05:49:14 PM »

Sins that involve Chillul Hashem (the defamation of G-d's name) may not be committed to save one's life. These include idolatry, blasphemy, or denial of G-d's existence. Forbidden violations include:

* Worship of any G-d other than Hashem
    * Bowing to any G-d other than Hashem for show just to please the enemy, or other signs of pretending to worship such a G-d, even if one's intention is not to worship
    * Violating any negative commandment in submission to a persecuting enemy whose purpose is to stand against G-d
    * Construction of such a G-d for oneself or others to worship, or support of such worship
    * Entry into a building where a G-d other than Hashem is being worshipped
    * Recitation or printing G-d's Holy Name in vain
    * Destruction of G-d's Holy Name from a printed sheet or paper or parchment except in the performance of rituals prescribed in the Torah
    * Pretending G-d does not exist in order to avoid persecution

There is something strange going on there, because I know a lot about Catholicism and if really the Jewish religion operated like that, it would be much nearer to Catholicism than Judaism as I understand it, actually is. Say you were a German Jewish refugee in Britain during World War II and you were asked by the British to assist in destroying a Nazi facility in Norway, that is being used by the Nazis to produce an atomic weapon and in order to do that, you would have be parachuted in to Norway with a team and take the disguise of an SS officer in order to blow up the atom bomb factory. Well the plan is not going to work very well, if say you are with a bunch of real Nazi SS in Norway and they say "We are going to a church service" and you say, "No I can not because I am Jewish!" LOL So right, one has avoided the sin of attending a Church service, you and rest of the team have been taken to a concentration camp and hung by meat hooks and Germany gets the nuclear bomb first and wins the War and murders every Jew on the planet.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 05:55:30 PM by Adrian Wainer »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 05:54:10 PM »
Come on....

Because Muslims hate it.

I agree with you on this one. I don't think parents should lie and tell them that it's real. I think it's ok to pretend though as long as the kids know it's pretending.

It's something fun.

TIVO lets you skip commercials.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 06:34:30 PM »
Come on....

Because Muslims hate it.

I agree with you on this one. I don't think parents should lie and tell them that it's real. I think it's ok to pretend though as long as the kids know it's pretending.

It's something fun.

TIVO lets you skip commercials.

Lots of Good points there. 

The story that a Syrian nuclear facility had been attacked, was actually an elaborate cover story for what really happened and that was that Santa's sleigh had developed a serious technical problem, which caused it to lose both speed and its stealth characteristics and which allowed the Syrian Air force to attempt to force Santa's sleigh down. If the Syrians had gained access to the technology behind Santa's sleigh, this could change the whole balance of power in the Middle East and possibly even the World. With this mind after an Israeli AWACS aircraft had seen this situation develop, Israeli fighters were scrambled to defend Santa's sleigh and Santa made an emergency landing at Israel top secret Area 51 airbase, were repairs were made to the sleigh, to allow it fly safely to the North Pole. You will see what is described as a UFO in the youtube, that isn't a spacecraft it is Santa's sleigh. And all that ground activity in the youtube, what that is, is that the Syrians fired a radar guided air to air missile at Santa's sleigh and one the Reindeers had been blown off and the Israelis were making sure the Syrians did not get their hands on it. Apparently all ended well, in that whilst the Israelis thought the Reindeer had come down in Syrian territory, apparently it was able to reach Israeli territory in Northern Israel and was discovered by some picnicking American tourists, who thought it might be hungry and gave it some matzo ball chicken soup, which apparently the Reindeer liked so much Santa has ordered a consignment of same from a leading Israeli food producer.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 06:47:26 PM by Adrian Wainer »

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »
There is something strange going on there, because I know a lot about Catholicism and if really the Jewish religion operated like that, it would be much nearer to Catholicism than Judaism as I understand it, actually is. Say you were a German Jewish refugee in Britain during World War II and you were asked by the British to assist in destroying a Nazi facility in Norway, that is being used by the Nazis to produce an atomic weapon and in order to do that, you would have be parachuted in to Norway with a team and take the disguise of an SS officer in order to blow up the atom bomb factory. Well the plan is not going to work very well, if say you are with a bunch of real Nazi SS in Norway and they say "We are going to a church service" and you say, "No I can not because I am Jewish!" LOL So right, one has avoided the sin of attending a Church service, you and rest of the team have been taken to a concentration camp and hung by meat hooks and Germany gets the nuclear bomb first and wins the War and murders every Jew on the planet.

That's a very interesting question, Adrian.  Why don't you post it in the next Ask JTF thread?  I would be very interested in hearing Chaim's response.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2009, 08:13:42 PM »

That's a very interesting question, Adrian.  Why don't you post it in the next Ask JTF thread?  I would be very interested in hearing Chaim's response.

Is this who you mean when you refer to Chaim?

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?action=profile;u=2497

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2009, 08:32:49 PM »
This is Chaim:
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?action=profile;u=1143

Yes thank you for that, like do you know where this leave a question place, that Lisa mentions, is on the forum? I can not see it.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Offline Americanhero1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • I ain't going anywhere
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2009, 08:36:53 PM »
This is Chaim:
http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php?action=profile;u=1143

Yes thank you for that, like do you know where this leave a question place, that Lisa mentions, is on the forum? I can not see it.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,33788.0.html

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2009, 08:38:53 PM »

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Here you go:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,33650.0.html

The Ask JTF threads are posted in bold in the General section.  Just write in your question.  Then every Monday morning, Chaim will post that "Baruch Hashem -- Ask JTF for such and such a date is ready.

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2009, 09:14:51 PM »

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Here you go:

http://jtf.org/forum_english/index.php/topic,33650.0.html

The Ask JTF threads are posted in bold in the General section.  Just write in your question.  Then every Monday morning, Chaim will post that "Baruch Hashem -- Ask JTF for such and such a date is ready.

I will take a rain check on that, posting a theological question in that fashion causes me problems in the cultural tradition I come from.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer