Author Topic: Muslim Organization Issues Fatwa on Cell Phone Use  (Read 455 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Muslim Organization Issues Fatwa on Cell Phone Use
« on: April 14, 2009, 04:50:49 PM »
Stop using your cell-phone you Muslim dogs... There is a new fatwah against using them...

:::D

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,515622,00.html
"
 People who use verses from the Koran as ring tones and answer their cell phone midway through the aayat are committing a sin, a Muslim organization ruled.

"Listening to aayats partially is anti-Islamic," Ghyasuddin, a senior cleric with the Islamic group Jamia Ashraf-ul-Madaris told the Press Association. "This kind of action amounts to a gunah (sin)."

He said the practice leaves a bad impression on young children.

The panel of clerics in Kanpur also denied people the ability to put their phones on vibrate during prayer services and denounced the use of cell phones while in the bathroom.

"If the phone rings and an aayat can be heard in the toilet, it is a sin," Ghyasuddin told the Press Association.

A fatwa is an Islamic legal decree made by someone who has extensive knowledge of the Sharia law.
"
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Muslim Organization Issues Fatwa on Cell Phone Use
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 04:52:14 PM »
I would never use verses from Torah on my cell phone... I used to have a clip of Matisyahu song as my ringtone but just use the normal ringer now...

Also it is not wise to use the cell-phone in the bathroom and leave the phone in the car when going to shul...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 08:08:31 PM »
Don't they have a fatwa for just about anything and everything?

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
this just shows how stupid they truly are!