Author Topic: What is your favorite kind of kippa?  (Read 8804 times)

Moshe92

What is your favorite kind of kippa?
« on: March 14, 2009, 07:52:59 PM »
My favorite kippot are kippot srugot, knitted kippot. A lot of Jews from Judea and Samaria wear them.

Here is a picture of Itamar ben Gvir wearing a kippa sruga.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: What is your favorite kind of kippa?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2009, 09:18:21 PM »
I also wear a knitted blue/white/black kippah...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:42 AM »
For me , as long as its black.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »

That style.

Offline judeanoncapta

• Master JTFer
  • Rebuild it now!!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 11:38:52 AM »
I like the Bukharian Kippoth the best.

I like the shape. I wish the colors were less flashy, though.

« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 11:45:44 AM by judeanoncapta »
Post questions here for the ASK JUDEA TORAH SHOW

my blog: Yehudi-Nation

Who is truly wise? He who can see the future. I see tommorow today and I want to end it - Rabbi Meir Daweedh Kahana

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2009, 12:37:52 PM »
I like the kippa worn by the sheriff in the following video.

NB viewer advisory there are some christian religious elements so if you find that offensive, you might not want to watch it.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Moshe92

« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2009, 01:28:12 PM »
I like the Bukharian Kippoth the best.

I like the shape. I wish the colors were less flashy, though.

When I was in first and second grade, a lot of my classmates wore those kippot. I never knew those kippot were Bukharian.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 03:47:04 PM »

NB viewer advisory there are some christian religious elements so if you find that offensive, you might not want to watch it.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Why would there be xtian elements if they are wearing Kippot? Jews do not attend Churches because there are idols in churches and religious Jews are commanded to stay out of such a house. Maybe you are posting something concerning the J4J messianic nut-jobs? I hope not!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 11:44:24 PM »

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Why would there be xtian elements if they are wearing Kippot? Jews do not attend Churches because there are idols in churches and religious Jews are commanded to stay out of such a house. Maybe you are posting something concerning the J4J messianic nut-jobs? I hope not!

What is an xtian, it sounds like a creature from outerspace, why do you seem to take the most negative interpretation of everything, as far I am aware the film High Noon has precisely nothing to do with the J4J folks but an awful lot to do with an America and Jewish characteristic of just not being prepared to accept tyranny.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2009, 12:48:16 AM »

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

What is an xtian, it sounds like a creature from outerspace, why do you seem to take the most negative interpretation of everything, as far I am aware the film High Noon has precisely nothing to do with the J4J folks but an awful lot to do with an America and Jewish characteristic of just not being prepared to accept tyranny.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

Okay. I am not trying to take things negatively at all. I am sorry if I sounded angry about it. I sometimes don't know what to make of your posts. I hope that your intention is good but some of the things you have written have rubbed me the wrong way.

This is the Torah and Jewish idea section of the forum and I am a little more intent on keeping the content Jewish in this section. I did not realize it was a clip from High Noon and I assumed the worst. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say I am very sorry for being so arrogant with you.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 07:20:19 AM »
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Moshe92

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 03:25:08 PM »

That style.

Ariel Zilber wears that kippa.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 04:19:28 PM »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2009, 05:03:50 PM »
Well, here is a picture of me wearing my knit-blue/white kippah... I smudged my face in case any Nazis may come looking for me..

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »
I have OVER 100 Kippas that are Vintage.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2009, 11:39:10 PM »
Well, here is a picture of me wearing my knit-blue/white kippah... I smudged my face in case any Nazis may come looking for me..

Muman, Nazis are SCARED to DEATH of me, I'll protect you.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »

Awesome... You are prepared when the minyan drops in... 100 kippahs could satisfy 10 minyans!

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2009, 11:47:39 PM »

Awesome... You are prepared when the minyan drops in... 100 kippahs could satisfy 10 minyans!

Anytime you need a nice Vintage Kippa that is very savoi faire.. just let me know- I have silks, satins, velvets, seeded, beaded and many prayer scarves, shawls and Baby Torahs, and Baby Purim Scrolls..
Much nicer than these:

I have my first Star of David-Seal of Solomon made of powder blue velvet, white rock, and gold string with a little Star of David inside.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל