General Category > Ask JTF

Ask JTF For Lag B'Omer, May 6.

(1/7) > >>

admin:
Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. All other posts will be moved to The Future Ask JTF Section for future shows. Comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a seperate thread in The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is roughly three hours long every week! If you want to post a longer post, Chaim will not answer the whole thing and you can cut and paste for next week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

BS"D

Happy Lag B'Omer,

You have condemned England and you insulted the island but then offered your apologies to Scotland. How do you reconcile your dislike of The British People if the first white Americans were themselves British? I can understand though why you condemn their government. Why do you like The Scottish People in Scotland if you hate The English People? Isn't it just The British Government that is the problem? Since you don't have anything against Scotland, what is your opinion on Wales and The Welsh? What do you think of Scottish and Welsh Americans today? What do you think of Northern Ireland Protestants? Do you like them like you like Irish Catholics?

What is your opinion of The Episcopalian Church since it is tied in with The Church of England? Are they like the Bible believing Christians led by Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

jsullivan:
Yacov Menashe asked me to post this on his behalf.

I heard once that Air and Space are considered to Halachically be part of the airspace of The Land of Israel. So therefore Jews in Space wouldn't be considered to be living in The Exile. Is this correct? Would it be okay if Jews live on a Space colony on Mars? One of the spacecrafts that landed on Mars had an Israeli flag image on it next to the names of Ramon and all the other astronauts. In addition to Columbia Heights on Mars, there is also a Challenger Heights.

tonycali99:
dear lisa,

you are the mode here it say's, so can  you please put this in ask chaim for next week, i may not be around then, thank's.

one, chaim heres a qote from my sociology profesor's handout yesterday in gay politic's, 'the ruling class in new york petitioned the ldgislature to close down the bath houses, for they feeared their power and that a gay revolution that wiuld redistribute the state's wealth. the elites destroyed the bath houses, the hub of gay culture in the 1980s.' what the heck does that mean, i dont get it.

Chaim, Jr.:
Israel is more insane than the U.S.; I finally believe you!  According to a cnn.com report dated 4/26/07, Israel will name a forest in the northern Galilee's Biriya Forest after Coretta Scott King as Israel replants 10,000 trees destroyed after last year's war with Hezbollah.  Israel already has a forest named in honor of Martin Luther King in the southern Galilee after planting 39 trees in 1976, one for each of the slain "civil rights leader's" years of life.  They plan to spend a total of $400,000,000 for both endeavors.   Israeli Jews are the same affirmative BLACKtion Ruth Messinger suckups as NYC Judenrat/Capos.  Are they worth saving?

Yacov Menashe adds: Why would Israel want a forest with an affirmative action name like "Coretta, HMM UMM!"?

kahaneloyalist:
1. Dear Chaim, myself and Yaakov Menashe would like to open a thread to look for an assistant for you, would you like us to proceed?

2. Chaim, there is some confusion among forum members as to the status of a Talmud Chacham in Halacha, what Cavod is required to be shown him, and what those who criticize a Talmud Chacham are deserving of. As I am sure you recall from Gemara Sanhedrin even the Melech, and Cohen Gadol must give honor to a Talmud Chacham, as I am sure you recall the Rambam writes in Sefer HaMitzvos devoting oneself to a Torah scholar, becoming his disciple, serving him, studying under him, and learning from him, is considered devoting one’s self to G-d, as the Torah scholar, having internalized more Torah, is more in tune with G-d’s Will than you, that a Talmud Chacham is as a living Torah. If you oppose Rav Ovadia, that is your choice, I understand you do not consider him a true Talmud Chacham but please clarify your view of those you do consider Talmidai Chachamim and how they must be treated.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version