Author Topic: Do you believe in forgiveness?  (Read 4094 times)

Offline newlyrighteous

• New JTFer
Do you believe in forgiveness?
« on: April 05, 2009, 04:21:56 PM »
Hello all, my name is Elijah Joseph Archer, and as you can probably tell, my mother is a big Bible reader, lol. Anyway, I am from southern Indiana, and I live in a town with no Jews at all. I grew up Pentecostal, and I was always taught to love Jews and the Jewish people as a whole. Well, I became less religious as I grew up, and I became involved with radical politics on both the left and right. I started to become anti-Semitic. I never hurt anyone, I never insulted anyone personally or to their face (as there are, as I stated earlier, no Jews in my town), and I never attended extremist meetings or anything like that, I simply contacted a few websites and voiced my agreement with their views. Well, I realize now that they were full of it, and I am trying to change, since I know my parents raised me better than that. I am trying to read the Bible again, and I feel sincerely remorseful for the views I once held. So, I am basically asking for forgiveness, and I hope to become good with the Jewish people again. I know you cannot speak for all Jews, but will you on this aite welcome this sinner in his repentance? Can I be forgiven for the way I felt for the last year or so?

Moshe92

Re: Do you believe in forgiveness?
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2009, 04:31:17 PM »
Of course we believe in repentance. Welcome to the forum.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 04:34:18 PM »
Great story. You are on the right way. Welcome to JTF.  :)
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 04:41:11 PM »
Of course, believing in forgiveness is important.

If one can see the error of their ways and accept that what they thought or did was wrong; then, of course, they should be forgiven.

Everyone, at some point in their lives, have done something wrong or maybe immoral and realized later on, "hey, I made a mistake and I was wrong"; and they should be forgiven.

One final note, forgiveness starts from within.

Offline SW

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2009, 05:44:11 AM »
You are welcome! JTF will change a lot of things

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2009, 07:25:04 PM »
Of course reading the Bible is very important,i need to do it more often myself
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2009, 07:34:44 PM »
In Judaism, there are sins against G-d, and sins against other people.  So according to Judaism, if you've harmed another human being, you need to ask forgiveness from that person, along with G-d. 

But I see you have not directly harmed anyone.  So you're at an advantage. 

Welcome to JTF. 

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2009, 07:31:12 PM »
Welcome Aboard!

Offline newlyrighteous

• New JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2009, 07:34:35 PM »
Thanks, all! I have felt very welcome ever since I signed up!

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2009, 01:27:39 PM »
Hello all, my name is Elijah Joseph Archer, and as you can probably tell, my mother is a big Bible reader, lol. Anyway, I am from southern Indiana, and I live in a town with no Jews at all. I grew up Pentecostal, and I was always taught to love Jews and the Jewish people as a whole. Well, I became less religious as I grew up, and I became involved with radical politics on both the left and right. I started to become anti-Semitic. I never hurt anyone, I never insulted anyone personally or to their face (as there are, as I stated earlier, no Jews in my town), and I never attended extremist meetings or anything like that, I simply contacted a few websites and voiced my agreement with their views. Well, I realize now that they were full of it, and I am trying to change, since I know my parents raised me better than that. I am trying to read the Bible again, and I feel sincerely remorseful for the views I once held. So, I am basically asking for forgiveness, and I hope to become good with the Jewish people again. I know you cannot speak for all Jews, but will you on this aite welcome this sinner in his repentance? Can I be forgiven for the way I felt for the last year or so?

Well, some of the very nasty elements on the left and the right are very sophisticated, so that means that, decent intelligent people can be tricked by them. Like, one of strategies that the left had a habit of using, is to front an attack on Jews by attaching it to somebody who is Jewish and had been in a Nazi concentration camp. Well, what does being in a concentration camp mean, it means the person was in a concentration camp, that person could be the biggest idiot on two legs or they could be a thoroughly nasty person. Of course, people who are both clever and decent also were concentration camps survivors but they are not going to associate themselves with a bunch of left wing pseudo-liberal crtypo-fascistocommunists, who are allied to Islamofascist Arab racial supremacists. The far left and the far right have a whole bunch of tricks and the one I have described above, is just one of them. I am not going to forgive you, because I do not feel I am in a position to forgive you, because for me to be in a position to forgive you, you would have had to done something wrong and making a honest error of judgment, because things are more complicated that you expected them, is not doing anything wrong in my book. You are in good company, Ronald Regan started off being a Democrat and Winston Churchill made loads of mistakes. Rudyard Kipling summed it all up very well.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 01:35:50 PM by Adrian Wainer »
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Offline newlyrighteous

• New JTFer
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2009, 02:29:47 PM »
thanks for another great reply, folks

Offline edwardwaldon

• New JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 04:07:34 PM »
No one gives a damn about what you have done in the past. Nor does Jesus. Welcome on board and God bless you for joining the good ones!

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 02:49:26 PM »
Welcome to JTF.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:47 PM »
Welcome to the JTF.

Shalom - Dox