Author Topic: New layout  (Read 1560 times)

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
New layout
« on: February 09, 2012, 10:27:48 PM »
This will take some getting used to.

Offline Tag-MehirTzedek

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: New layout
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 10:42:42 PM »
I like it.
.   ד  עֹזְבֵי תוֹרָה, יְהַלְלוּ רָשָׁע;    וְשֹׁמְרֵי תוֹרָה, יִתְגָּרוּ בָם
4 They that forsake the law praise the wicked; but such as keep the law contend with them.

ה  אַנְשֵׁי-רָע, לֹא-יָבִינוּ מִשְׁפָּט;    וּמְבַקְשֵׁי יְהוָה, יָבִינוּ כֹל.   
5 Evil men understand not justice; but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 10:56:17 PM »
I like it a lot as well!

Offline Ephraim Ben Noach

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 11:42:38 PM »
  It's a little more difficult with a touch phone, but fine with a computer.
Ezekiel 33:6 But if the watchman see the sword come, and blow not the horn, and the people be not warned, and the sword do come, and take any person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity, but his blood will I require at the watchman's hand.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 12:17:58 AM »
I didn't like the default colors... I modified my preferences and now have a color scheme which is blue-based and I am happy with it...

One change I don't like is when you post a reply to a thread instead of returning to the thread I am taken back to the Main forum instead of remaining in the thread as it used to do.... Maybe there is a setting to change that, I will look for it.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2012, 12:20:11 AM »
I think there is a setting in Profile/Account Settings/Look which when checked returns you to the thread you posted in. I am testing it now..

Yes indeed it worked!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2012, 03:43:45 AM »
I like it. It appears more clear.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 07:44:44 AM »
It's easier to read.

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 04:28:53 PM »
Glad you like the changes.

:)
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline The One and Only Mo

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »
I just figured out how to "Show new replies to your posts". We're back in business baby!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »
There are a few issues with it that I think could use improvements and would go a long way toward improving the experience here and encouraging old timers and new members to post actively.

For one, as I post from my smartphone, I find a huge delay from the time I'm typing to the time that I see the words start appearing on the screen.  This was a never a problem before this recent switch.  Is anyone else having this issue?  It is very frustrating.

2 problems when using mobile devices and/or touchscreens to post:  can you make the button that says "post" (what you press to post the message you just typed) larger?  Similarly, on threads longer than one page, can the number of the page (the links you click on to flip to a different page) be larger?  As it is they are very difficult to press on mobile devices, and I often hit the wrong one by accident (ie I press 3 instead of 2 etc). - this was also a problem in the old format.

Offline USAReturn2GodNow1776

• Pro JTFer
  • proud christian & kahanist
    • the urban grind
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2012, 09:36:59 PM »
New layout rocks, imo

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2012, 11:09:03 PM »
This will take some getting used to.