Author Topic: I would like to plan a JTF NYC get together in the summer, BBQ perhaps  (Read 1931 times)

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
I was thinking Flushing Meadow, I know the summer is  a long way off still, but not when it is so hot that no one can stand it.  When it is nice yet comfortable.  Any suggestions?
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
I was thinking of having one on June 1.  The Israel Day parade this year is May 31.  Also, our great global moderator David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh will be in town then. 

As for a barbecue, that could be iffy, since we have members who keep strictly kosher.  But I'm open to suggestions. 

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
I was thinking of having one on June 1.  The Israel Day parade this year is May 31.  Also, our great global moderator David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh will be in town then. 

As for a barbecue, that could be iffy, since we have members who keep strictly kosher.  But I'm open to suggestions. 

Easily remedied, a kosher grill with nothing touching it but Kosher meat n' chicken, and another grill with the Italian sausage and cheeseburgers.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 03:32:57 PM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Yum!!!  I love BBQ.  Though unfortunately I don't live in New York.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Moshe92

I'll be in NYC at one point in July.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......

me too...
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Well i live here , so when ever is good for y'all

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Well if anyone has a kosher grill they'd like to bring, that would be great.  And perhaps some of us can also chip in for the kosher meat too. 

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
I am in New York from May 31st to June 2nd. I am in New Jersey from May 26th to 30th
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
Yea,  I keep glat  kosher , id be happy to chip in.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: I would like to plan a JTF NYC get together in the summer, BBQ perhaps
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 08:37:48 PM »

A new grill is a kosher grill, how much is a grill? $14 at Target?  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 09:04:05 PM »

me too...

Same here.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2009, 01:45:45 AM »
Well we got a few months, I am sure something perhaps can be worked out
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Offline Adrian Wainer

• Full JTFer
« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2009, 03:43:46 AM »

A new grill is a kosher grill, how much is a grill? $14 at Target? 

And what is more, one of the Muslim staff will be able to sell it to you, since it will not be used for cooking pork. LOL

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer
"Ik val aan, volg mij!" Schout-bij-nacht Karel Willem Frederik Marie Doorman February 28 1942.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2009, 02:49:13 AM »
This is [censored] scary
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 02:52:39 AM »
NOO

THIS IS WHY THEY NEED TO KEEP IT PRIVATE....

am i invited ?
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 09:22:18 AM »
I am asking this question seriously, it is not meant cause any problems, what exactly makes a barbecue grill kosher? Not the food but the grill itself, just curious.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 09:58:39 AM »

Easily remedied, a kosher grill with nothing touching it but Kosher meat n' chicken, and another grill with the Italian sausage and cheeseburgers.  ;D

Since it is a Jewish organization, it has to be completely kosher so that it won't confuse anyone else.  Just like the forum being closed on Shabbat even though not everyone here observes Saturday Sabbaths.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2009, 11:00:05 AM »
You want to have it on a day off. Not on a Monday when people work. The Sunday of the Israel day parade is perfect. It has been a tradition for JTFers to meet up at the parade, why not continue that tradition and make that the gathering?

Offline MasterWolf1

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2009, 01:39:07 PM »
We will work on something I am sure details will come about

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 02:19:31 PM »
I am asking this question seriously, it is not meant cause any problems, what exactly makes a barbecue grill kosher? Not the food but the grill itself, just curious.

In Jewish law the utensils which are used to prepare the kosher food must themselves be Kashered to remove the impurity from the utensils. Even the plates must be kept away from the impurities. We use separate plates for Dairy and plates for Meat because we are not supposed to mix them. The law is that 1/60 of any impure food will be nullified if accidentally mixed in, for example if a drop of milk fell into a vat of meat stew the stew would remain kosher because the drop is less that 1/60 the volume of the meat.

A grill used to cook unkosher food would render anything which touches it unkosher. In order to purify it it must be immersed in boiling water {this is my opinion though it may be wrong}. There are different rules of impurity based on what the utensil is made out of, for instance is it metal, or is it earthenware?

I hope this is a basic introduction to some of the laws of Kashrut. The OU {Orthodox Union} website is a great resource to learn about the laws of Kashrut.

http://www.ou.org
Funny cartoon:
http://www.ou.org/shabbat_shalom/article/of_biblical_proportions_Bloody_or_Rare/

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 03:05:44 PM »
Muman, thanks for the info. I need to study the first testament some more. As a Christian I know the new testament well and sadly I probably know the quran better than the first half of the Bible because I believe in knowing my enemies.
So, other than the lack of pork if the whole event were Kosher I am guessing it would not make much difference to the non Jewish members?
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »
You're right Firster555.

If any Jewish, kosher keeping member owns a grill, then can bring it.  And perhaps other kosher keeping members can chip in for the meat. 

Other than that, it will be just like a regular barbecue.

Offline Xoce

• Master JTFer
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 09:01:40 PM »
Mmmm barbecue!
aka Someone Else