Author Topic: Peres give much area in Israel to Vatican  (Read 730 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Peres give much area in Israel to Vatican
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:03:23 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite?cid=1239710858577&pagename=JPost%2FJPArticle%2FShowFull   

President Shimon Peres wants to yield key Christian holy sites to the Vatican, according to an Army Radio report Monday, a proposition which is reportedly opposed by Interior Minister Eli Yishai.
President Shimon Peres.

President Shimon Peres.
Photo: AP [file]
SLIDESHOW: Israel & Region  |  World

According to the report, the issue ruffled feathers among senior Israeli officials.

The president on Monday continued to pressure the government to give up control of six sites including the Church of the Annunciation in Nazareth, the Coenaculum on Mount Zion and the Gethsemane on the Mount of Olives in Jerusalem, and the Church of the Multiplication on the Kinneret.

"If we were sure that this present to the Christian world would bring millions of Christian pilgrims here, then we would have a good reason to think about it," Tourism Minister Stas Meseznikov was quoted as saying.
RELATED

* Nazareth split over pope's visit

"But since we're not sure that it will happen, why should we give out gifts?"

The Army Radio report also quoted the president's office as saying that the negotiations had been going on for long enough, and that the time had come to compromise with the Vatican and come to an agreement.

Pope Benedict XVI is scheduled to arrive for a visit to the Holy Land on May 1
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
Re: Peres give much area in Israel to Vatican
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:09:35 PM »
That is okay for me - then Israeli policemen do not have to risk their lives anymore if there is a muslim raid on Christian sites!

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 01:20:06 PM »
They want land from everywhere to increase their church's influence.

Hindus should not waste a second,we have to save the Jewish land no matter what. India has lost 40% land, lost our dignity to Aryan myth. We see exactly our same situation with the Jewish people. It pains me.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:28:39 PM »
Israel and the Jewish people should not cede a single inch of the Holy Land. This is a chillul Hashem and we will be paying for it with our Jewish lives for the remainder of time, till the end of days. Hashem must be very disappointed in us Jews and the world is laughing at us. It is times like these that I am ashamed to be Jewish. Shame on the Israeli politicians who listen to the whisper of Dollars instead of the voice of Hashem. Shame on them, shame on me!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »
That is okay for me - then Israeli policemen do not have to risk their lives anymore if there is a muslim raid on Christian sites!

They are Jewish sites... The Tomb of King David is 100% Jewish. Every inch on land of Biblical Israel is Jewish and no other goyisha religion should claim land. This is a travesty but you seem to agree with it... What a shame!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 03:17:14 PM »

They are Jewish sites... The Tomb of King David is 100% Jewish. Every inch on land of Biblical Israel is Jewish and no other goyisha religion should claim land. This is a travesty but you seem to agree with it... What a shame!

No, I agree if they left strictly and ONLY Christian churches and sites for Christians to take care of. Shall THEY bleed for their sites which have no meaning to us! It is always easy for Vatican to bash Israel when they shoot Arabs defending Jewish land. But it seems they don't open their mouth when it comes to Christian sites. So let them control their Armenian churches, the Grave Church and such places. And when they have to shoot Muslims to defend these sites, they may know what DEFENSE means!

Offline Yonah

• Full JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2009, 03:41:27 PM »
What does it mean to give Christian sites to the Vatican? Are they talking about giving the Vatican the title to the land, or actually giving them the land, so that it would become the sovereign soil of the Vatican and no longer Israeli territory?
Obama must use a magic 8-ball, because if he were flipping a coin he'd be right about half of the time.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 03:44:27 PM »
What does it mean to give Christian sites to the Vatican? Are they talking about giving the Vatican the title to the land, or actually giving them the land, so that it would become the sovereign soil of the Vatican and no longer Israeli territory?

I don't know how they meant this. But giving it completely to Vatican is impossible! I thought it was the responsibility of Catholic sites. That is okay. But a grateful donation of parts of Jerusalem is impossible - as impossible as deviding Jerusalem with Arabs in East and West! This didn't work in secular Berlin, and even less in religious holy Jerusalem!

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
I don't think the land should be given up.

The dividing up of land in Israel has not worked and does not work.