Author Topic: The CDC doesn't really care  (Read 852 times)

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
The CDC doesn't really care
« on: April 29, 2009, 07:32:56 PM »
http://www.khou.com/news/local/stories/khou090427_jj_swine-flu-houston-prepares.1186da435.html

"Houston Mayor Bill White said that the city offered to set up thermal imaging monitors at Bush Intercontinental Airport to scan passengers on the 60 flights a day arriving from Mexico.  The Centers for Disease Control declined."

They declined? They declined! What the hell!

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: The CDC doesn't really care
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 11:46:52 PM »
Maybe it would be offensive to someone or against their crazy religion.

I don't understand this whole swine flu response. The stats that are being reported are so contradictory and ever changing as in deaths and confirmed cases actually DECREASING.... how is that possible? What I see now pales in comparison to what happens EVERY year. Last year over 36,000 died from flu in the US and over 150,000 hospitalized. I have posted info regarding this and how AS OF NOW it is being way overblown. However, it may change but all indications thus far indicate this year will be no different from any other.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 12:23:34 AM »
This is not seasonal flu. It's a different flu that humans don't have a lot of natural immunity to because it jumped from animals.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 02:25:34 AM »
Honestly I think that this is being whipped into a frenzy by the media in order to take heat off of Obama's loser economic plans and the general state of the economy.

So far I have not seen any evidence that SF is any more potent or lethal per capita than regular influenza strains--it's just that it has not passed through many people yet like you said, and there is no shot for it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 04:36:55 AM »
Honestly I think that this is being whipped into a frenzy by the media in order to take heat off of Obama's loser economic plans and the general state of the economy.

So far I have not seen any evidence that SF is any more potent or lethal per capita than regular influenza strains--it's just that it has not passed through many people yet like you said, and there is no shot for it.

I don't know about you, but for me regular old flu can be pretty horrible. The last time I had it, I got mild pneumonia and that was back in 1999. Now years later I still cough if I laugh too hard even though it's been a long time. I don't want to get any type of flu, and the fact that the CDC isn't doing all it can to protect people bothers me a lot.

Also I can't understand one bit why that little illegal child was brought into HOUSTON when they could have shipped them to Mexico City for treatment. It's not the USA's responsibility to care for Mexico's sick kids, and the kid died anyway.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 04:58:59 AM »

I don't know about you, but for me regular old flu can be pretty horrible. The last time I had it, I got mild pneumonia and that was back in 1999. Now years later I still cough if I laugh too hard even though it's been a long time. I don't want to get any type of flu, and the fact that the CDC isn't doing all it can to protect people bothers me a lot.

Also I can't understand one bit why that little illegal child was brought into HOUSTON when they could have shipped them to Mexico City for treatment. It's not the USA's responsibility to care for Mexico's sick kids, and the kid died anyway.

I'm sure the illegals parents took care not to spread the flu to gringos on the road trip from Mexico to Houston.  Like Dan Savage, they probably wiped their snot on door handles to get white conservatives sick. 

Offline momofsixbabes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 08:57:54 AM »
This is not seasonal flu. It's a different flu that humans don't have a lot of natural immunity to because it jumped from animals.

You are correct. This is not a seasonal flu. See here for further info.http://www.javno.com/en-world/swine-flu-created-in-lab-as-bio-weapon_254118

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 12:01:00 PM »
I'm sure the illegals parents took care not to spread the flu to gringos on the road trip from Mexico to Houston.  Like Dan Savage, they probably wiped their snot on door handles to get white conservatives sick. 

I don't think they took any special precautions to avoid infecting other people, but on the other hand I don't think most Mexicans, even illegal ones, would do something like that deliberately. Some would, but I don't think most would. I think they would just end up not being hygeinic because they often come from a rural areas with limited access to mass media, or are lower class people in cities and don't receive the same type of education about such things as people in first world nations do. That's why sometimes when they do nasty things like that, I think it's a lack of education rather than something deliberately vicious.

There are some really smart Mexican people who are just as clean as anyone else. Those are usually the ones who grew up here though, not the first generation immigrants who don't know any better.

Of course, I know there are some, who out of pure racist hatred, would do something like that to harm "the gringos". I just don't think most of them have that in mind most of the time.

You are correct. This is not a seasonal flu. See here for further info.http://www.javno.com/en-world/swine-flu-created-in-lab-as-bio-weapon_254118

I don't believe in all that conspiracy stuff about it. Swine flu has been around for a long time, this particular strain just is spreading more.

Offline SavetheWest

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2009, 03:35:58 PM »

I don't think they took any special precautions to avoid infecting other people, but on the other hand I don't think most Mexicans, even illegal ones, would do something like that deliberately. Some would, but I don't think most would. I think they would just end up not being hygeinic because they often come from a rural areas with limited access to mass media, or are lower class people in cities and don't receive the same type of education about such things as people in first world nations do. That's why sometimes when they do nasty things like that, I think it's a lack of education rather than something deliberately vicious.

There are some really smart Mexican people who are just as clean as anyone else. Those are usually the ones who grew up here though, not the first generation immigrants who don't know any better.

Of course, I know there are some, who out of pure racist hatred, would do something like that to harm "the gringos". I just don't think most of them have that in mind most of the time.

I don't believe in all that conspiracy stuff about it. Swine flu has been around for a long time, this particular strain just is spreading more.

No, you're totally correct about people in Mexico City or patriotic Mexican Americans.  No question about that.  I guess I'm more directing it towards the illegals, who typically come from poorer areas where they are much more in support of Marxist, anti American policies.  The people who come to America have some good people but the ones who cross the border illegally already show their contempt for America by breaking the law the minute they get here.  We are not getting the Mexicans who are litterate, educated or law abiding.  We get the ones who go to Marxist rallies in Mexico wearing red shirts like Hugo Chavez does in Venezuela.  That is really the reason they want to keep the border open.  Obama knows that these people are not only poor but they come from radical, communist communities in Mexico. 

In any case, I think Spanish culture has always been confrontational with Anglican culture and many of the illegals have a "drop dead" and "you better speak Spanish" mentality than ones who don't.  I really don't think people in America and conservatives understand the hate the left, the third world, and communists mostly have for them.  Primitive man could figure out that you can spread a disease by coughing on someone and I guarantee that they didn't give two you know whats about anyone they got sick.  I am willing to bet that many of them deliberately got white people sick.  I'll look for some articles, and quotes I've heard from blacks and hispanics about having spread colds to white people.