Author Topic: JEWS IN SERBIA  (Read 45177 times)

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
JEWS IN SERBIA
« on: May 05, 2009, 08:09:45 PM »
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 11:58:37 PM by Boyana »

Offline Jasmina

• Master JTFer
Re: JEWS IN SERBIA
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 08:14:41 PM »
   Thank you for sharing these with us!! Very interesting! :)
The whole system works because everyone is not mentally ill on the same day!!!!

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 08:28:10 PM »
http://www.beograd.rs/cms/view.php?id=201408
City of Belgrade-Jewish Community

:dance: :dance: :dance:

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 09:20:22 PM »
When you catch propaganda on Wikipedia, it is always good to look at sources.
Link number 2, look at footnote number 6.
I won't say too much, just point the author - MARKO ATTILA HOARRE!
M. A. H. imagines being "British professor", while he's neither British... nor, by the common sense, a "professor". He is HALF-HUNGARIAN, HALF-CROAT Anti-Serb propagandist, a supporter of Communist autocracy, just to show Serbian Royalists as NAZIS. He is also a defender of Croatian and Muslim WAR CRIMINALS. Just look up his website. He is the second biggest idiot on the Internet, after Suleiman Schwarz, who pretends to be some so-called "historian" or "writer", whatever, while one High-School child is able to know way more about HISTORY than they do, but in fact are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists to whom discovering the truth and debugging their little so-called "conspiracies" is inconvenient.

The explanation why I say conspiracy theorist - pay attention when he says how it is SURPRISING THAT USA HAD AWARDED A NAZI and that (by "coincidence", LOL) that "Nazi" was nothing else but a SERB.
In order to do something like that, they, firstly, need to be STRONGLY brainwashed, there must be very strong LOBY and political influence, at best, even some good money would be welcomed. The agenda MUST be EXTREMELY strong, especially after Communist regime and WE ALL KNOW what they were preaching.
It's not a little thing. WWII WASN'T A LITTLE THING SO ANYONE CAN MAKE TINY MISTAKES OR CONFUSES SIDES JUST AFTER FEW WORDS OR SO.

That our so-called "professor" (of ARTS, arts of lying) can't explain next:
1. How, after well-known-to-everybody Communist agenda that had to show to the rest of the World the negative picture of EVERYONE who wasn't a Communist in Yugoslavia, is it possible that USA somehow makes a "mistake" that could only be made by the agenda such was the opposite (Communist) and not Chetnik side had?
Simpler, how could the voice of the silent be heard stronger than the voice of the loud one?
Logic question
2. How are the Serbs, and that AFTER NATO BOMBING, able to spread PROPAGANDA in no other place but UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (where you have CNN, FOX, VOA etc)?
3. What economic/politic/strategic power do the Serbs have in USA or the West to be able to afford such influence?
4. How could USA officials who gave that award be so easily fooled? Isn't it like when you give an award to someone, you know why you are giving it? You know what that one did? You know te whole background?
Is he trying to make them look stupid?
----------
It seems to me that he actually thinks the readers are stupid.
He probably thinks someone can, just like that buy his little "essay" firstly about awarding and than followed by so-called "historical lesson". And what about the ones who made the ceremony, what about their saying?
Maybe he is trying to convince the readers that they have NO IDEA about that "Nazi-collaboration" thing?
He thinks they've never mentioned it.
WELL, THEY DID, just see that video about US airmen saved by Serbs on YouTube. There, they also talk about the award and mention how they want justice and bringing THE TRUTH INTO THE LIGHT, well this is where Attila-the-wannabe-Hun's problem begins. Such monster-creatures melt and fade on light of truth, so, they prefer to stay within their darkness of their lies and deception where they can live safely and happily, because they know they've covered everything with it.

I'm sorry if this was somehow incomprehensible, I'm a bit tired, I needed much time for this, comparing to its size, but I hope you, guys, will understand.
If any questions, just ask.

Offline Jakov

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 06:49:25 AM »
Interesting...

Offline Aharon

• New JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:57:21 AM »
Very interesting..

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 05:38:38 PM »

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 07:47:43 PM »
M. A. H. imagines being "British professor", while he's neither British... nor, by the common sense, a "professor". He is HALF-HUNGARIAN, HALF-CROAT Anti-Serb propagandist, a supporter of Communist autocracy, just to show Serbian Royalists as NAZIS. He is also a defender of Croatian and Muslim WAR CRIMINALS. Just look up his website. He is the second biggest idiot on the Internet, after Suleiman Schwarz, who pretends to be some so-called "historian" or "writer", whatever, while one High-School child is able to know way more about HISTORY than they do, but in fact are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists to whom discovering the truth and debugging their little so-

The explanation why I say conspiracy theorist - pay attention when he says how it is SURPRISING THAT USA HAD AWARDED A NAZI and that (by "coincidence", LOL) that "Nazi" was nothing else but a SERB.
In order to do something like that, they, firstly, need to be STRONGLY brainwashed, there must be very strong LOBY and political influence, at best, even some good money would be welcomed. The agenda MUST be EXTREMELY strong, especially after Communist regime and WE ALL KNOW what they were preaching.
It's not a little thing. WWII WASN'T A LITTLE THING SO ANYONE CAN MAKE TINY MISTAKES OR CONFUSES SIDES JUST AFTER FEW WORDS OR SO.

1. How, after well-known-to-everybody Communist agenda that had to show to the rest of the World the negative picture of EVERYONE who wasn't a Communist in Yugoslavia, is it possible that USA somehow makes a "mistake" that could only be made by the agenda such was the opposite (Communist) and not Chetnik side had?
Simpler, how could the voice of the silent be heard stronger than the voice of the loud one?
Logic question
2. How are the Serbs, and that AFTER NATO BOMBING, able to spread PROPAGANDA in no other place but UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (where you have CNN, FOX, VOA etc)?
3. What economic/politic/strategic power do the Serbs have in USA or the West to be able to afford such influence?
4. How could USA officials who gave that award be so easily fooled? Isn't it like when you give an award to someone, you know why you are giving it? You know what that one did? You know te whole background?
----------
He probably thinks someone can, just like that buy his little "essay" firstly about awarding and than followed by so-called "historical lesson". And what about the ones who made the ceremony, what about their saying?
Maybe he is trying to convince the readers that they have NO IDEA about that "Nazi-collaboration" thing?
WELL, THEY DID, just see that video about US airmen saved by Serbs on YouTube. There, they also talk about the award and mention how they want justice and bringing THE TRUTH INTO THE LIGHT, well this is where Attila-the-wannabe-Hun's problem begins. Such monster-creatures melt and fade on light of truth, so, they prefer to stay within their darkness of their lies and deception where they can live safely and happily, because they know they've covered everything with it.

I'm sorry if this was somehow incomprehensible, I'm a bit tired, I needed much time for this, comparing to its size, but I hope you, guys, will understand.

It is incomprehensible,I do not get it.

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 04:04:28 PM »
M. A. H. imagines being "British professor", while he's neither British... nor, by the common sense, a "professor". He is HALF-HUNGARIAN, HALF-CROAT Anti-Serb propagandist, a supporter of Communist autocracy, just to show Serbian Royalists as NAZIS. He is also a defender of Croatian and Muslim WAR CRIMINALS. Just look up his website. He is the second biggest idiot on the Internet, after Suleiman Schwarz, who pretends to be some so-called "historian" or "writer", whatever, while one High-School child is able to know way more about HISTORY than they do, but in fact are just a bunch of conspiracy theorists to whom discovering the truth and debugging their little so-

Logic question
----------

It is incomprehensible,I do not get it.

Just look at the footnote #6 and follow the link. It says something like "USA awarded a Nazi collaborator", it is about the medal posthumously given to Mihajlović for helping in saving of 513 WWII US airmen.
It is propaganda written by an idiot called Marko Attila Hoare who tends to brainwash the Jews against Serbs.

I tried to explain why it is not possible by any way that USA officials who did that have "accidentally" chosen the wrong guy who was actually "not their ally but Nazi collaborator". I tried to explain why it wasn't possible that they weren't able to distinguish between a Nazi and Anti-Nazi.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 08:10:12 PM »
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 08:15:18 PM by Boyana »

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 02:01:05 AM »
Thanks for the share, thank you Boyana. Hope you like the JTF, now we have 4 beautiful Serbian ladies, who I know: Jasmina, Sonja, Boyana, Freekaradzic.  :P
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 02:54:05 AM »
Thanks for the share, thank you Boyana. Hope you like the JTF, now we have 4 beautiful Serbian ladies, who I know: Jasmina, Sonja, Boyana, Freekaradzic.  :P
I wish I could be more ivolved,but I have twin boys (born in OCt 2008)

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2009, 04:07:18 PM »

;D Thanks, Peter.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

;D Thanks, Peter.

You are welcome. I almost forget, add me my new msn address please. You can find it at my profile. ;)
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline sonja_yu

• Senior JTFer
    • My YouTube
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2009, 04:24:05 PM »

;D Thanks, Peter.

You are welcome. I almost forget, add me my new msn address please. You can find it at my profile. ;)

LOL, I can't, it's not there.

Sorry, guys, for this being off-topic.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2009, 02:15:47 AM »
http://www.jimbeograd.org/eng/index.html
Jewish historical museum in Belgrade

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2009, 07:30:54 AM »
Very nice presentation. :)

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2009, 08:20:30 AM »
http://www.davidalbahari.com/da_texts_eng.htm

visit this-David Albahari home page[/color]

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2009, 07:23:29 PM »
[

List of Jews murdered in Zasavica near Sabac (Serbia)
Introduction by Zvi Bernhardt, Yad Vashem
· General Information About the Lists
· What is in the database
· Acknowledgements
· Searching the Database
General Information About the Lists

This introduction is based on the book Dead-End Journey: The Tragic Story of the Kladovo-Sabac Group, by Dalia Ofer and Hannah Weiner.  This book is the 14th volume of "Studies in the Shoah" published by the University Press of America, Lanham, MD.    This book is a translation of the original, which appeared in Hebrew.   The section on the Jews of Sabac is from Pinkas HaKehillot.   This list combines Holocaust victims from very different backgrounds: Austrian and German Jews and the Sephardic community of Sabac, Serbia.   Both groups suffered the same fate.

The leaders of the Hechalutz Zionist youth organization in Austria decided to organize the last of their people in the training camps to go to Palestine on an "illegal" emigration in November 1939.  A group was organized which included youth from the movement in Austria, Germany and Danzig.   Many other refugees, with no connection to Hechalutz, were added to the group.   The group traveled to Bratislava on 24-25 November, 1939.   In the beginning of December, the group boarded the ship "Uranus".    Their plan was to sail down the Danube River to the Rumanian port of Sulina, near the river’s mouth on the Black Sea, and from there take a ship to Palestine.   From this time on, the group suffered many trials and setbacks.   There were bureaucratic problems that the Mossad l’aliya Bet (organization for illegal immigration) had in procuring a ship to take them from the Black Sea to Palestine, and additional problems caused by the restrictions on aliya made by the British Mandatory regime in Palestine.   Through the whole period, many different Jewish organizations tried to help them continue to Palestine, but to no avail.

The following is a chronology of the Hechalutz group:

* Early December, 1939 -- Boarded the ship Uranus.  Sailed to Gyor, then back to Bratislava.
    * December 12 -- Continued on the Uranus to Bezdan.
    * December 14-15 -- Transferred, mid-river, to the three Yugoslav boats Kraljica Marija, Car Dusan and Car Nikola at the Yugoslav-Rumanian-Bulgarian border and then back to Pahovo.
    * December 31 -- Boats dock at their winter mooring in Kladovo.  The refugees live on the ships.
    * January 1940 -- A barge is added to the three ships to give extra living space.
    * May -- The boats sail. Most of the refugees are moved to towns, where they are put up in farmers’ houses.  Some live on the "Penelope" barge.
    * September 19 -- The refugees are moved by barge and boat to Sabac, apparently because the Yugoslav authorities feared clashes between them and ethnic Germans ("Volksdeutsche") who were traveling through the area.
    * The refugees were housed in two large buildings - a former flour mill and wheat storehouse.
    * All through this period, the needs of the refugees were taken care of by the "Federation of Jewish Communities in Yugoslavia," mostly from money received from the JDC.  The refugees organized cultural activities, lessons for the children and other activities.  Many of the testimonies also mention that the local Serbian population was very friendly toward the group.   The refugees were continuously promised that the continuation of the trip toward Palestine was coming soon.
    * March 1941 -- Some of the group, mostly children and youth, succeed in getting legal permits to enter Palestine and leave Sabac.
    * July 1941 -- As a result of the German occupation of Serbia, the refugee group was moved to an old fortress on the Sava River near Sabac, which was transformed into a concentration camp.
    * August 1941 -- The local Jews of Sabac are sent to the Sava camp.
    * September 26 -- Male residents of Sabac, along with the male prisoners of the Sava camp, are taken to the town of Klenak.  They are forced to run 23 kilometers to Jarak in Croatia.  Those who lagged behind were shot.  The Jews return to the camp on September 30.
    * October 11 -- The Jewish men (together with Gypsies and some Serbs) are taken to the Seniak Camp.
    * October 12-13 -- The men are taken to Zasavica, where they were shot in front of a pit that became a mass grave.
    * January 26, 1942 -- The woman and children are moved to Sajmiste.   Some died en route on a forced march from Ruma.
    * March-May 1942 -- The women are murdered in a gas van and are buried in Jajinci.
    * 1943-1944 -- A group of Yugoslav prisoners are forced to burn the remains of those buried in Jajinci.
    * June 12 1945 -- The mass grave at Zasavica is opened.  The Jews are removed and buried in the Jewish cemetery in Sabac.
    * 1959 -- The remains are moved to the Sepharadi cemetary in Belgrade.

Other Information About the Community of Sabac:

Sephardic Jews came to Sabac in the first half of the 19thcentury, where they engaged in trade.   In 1865 two Jews in the town were murdered, a case which brought international Jewish attention and the intervention of foreign consulates.  A synagogue was built in 1895.   In 1940, there were 83 Jews in Sabac.
What is in the Database

There are 1,055 records in the database.  The database has been created from three different lists.  The lists are referred to in the "List References" column by the following initials:

* CS – Community of Sabac
    * CV – Community of Vienna
    * YJC – Jugoslav Jewish Community

The fields in the database are:

* Number
    * Surname
    * Given Name
    * Occupation
    * Birth Date
    * List References

Entries in the "Comments" column include the following information where available:

* Birth Place: " in …"
    * Residence:  "aus …"
    * Maiden Name:  "geb. …"
    * Child:  "Kind"
    * Widow: "Witwe"

The following are English translations of the German occupations listed in the file:
German         

English
Beamter         

Civil Servant

Dr.

Doctor

Dr. Bez. Arzt

Country doctor

Dr. Zahnartzt

Dentist, dental surgeon

Drogerist

Druggist, pharmacist

Handelsgehilfe

Merchant's (clerk's) assistant

Industr.

Industrialist

Ingenier

Engineer

Kaufmann

Merchant, dealer

Pensionär

Pensioner,retired

Private

Private business entepreneur

Professor

Professor

Rabbiner

Rabbi

Rentier

Rentner means renter.

Schneider

Tailor

Schuhm.

Shoemaker

Schüler

Pupil

Spengler

Tinsmith
Student         

Student

Tischlergehelfe

Joiner's assistant

Zahntechn.

Dental technician, orthodontist
Acknowledgements

The information contained in this database was indexed as part of the data sharing agreement between Yad Vashem and JewishGen’s Research Division.  The data was provided from the files of Yad Vashem (file O 10/12).   This information is accessible to you today thanks to the transcription efforts of Joco Sami Monastirli.  Nolan Altman did the final proofreading of the files.

And finally, thanks to JewishGen Inc. for providing the website and database expertise to make this database accessible. Special thanks to Susan King, Warren Blatt and Michael Tobias for their continued contributions to Jewish genealogy.

Zvi Bernhardt
January, 2004
Searching the Database

This database is searchable via JewishGen's Holocaust Database.