Author Topic: I think I need to teach this landlord a lesson, I dont know ...what do you thin  (Read 2712 times)

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Maybe this is more of a vent, than anything, I dunno.

Maye I shouldn't even talk about this here....im whining as usual..... :::D

I am going to  be moving very soon (I bought a vintage house and Im fixing it up) honestly, this is the best retaliation.

But this guy has made my life hell and has harrassed me for the past twelve months.

THIS HAS EVEN AFFECTED MY HEALTH ISSUES, MAKING THEM WORSE.

I even called the police on him on Thanksgiving day.

The latest thing he has done is planted highly allergic plants right by my bedroom window and my son's and now we are both miserable, coughing sneezing and all stuffed up. HE HAS NOT PLANTED THESE BY ANYONE ELSE'S APT, ONLY OURS.... >:(

He knows I have asthma, too.

To make a long story short, just one small example.

I informed him that I could have died in the past year or so (which is true) AND HE LAUGHED.

HE THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY.

HE is a horrible excuse for a human being.

The WORST landlord I have ever encountered in my entire life!!!!

I even caught him trying to steal some of my property once.

I tried turning him into HUD, cuz he receives federal money for rent. They don't seem to know how to do their jobs cuz it says on their website that landlords harrassing tenants is against their rules.

This man is sick. all last summer he was hanging around my windows every single day, just aobut. I even caught him looking in my kitchen when I was sitting there.

He wrote me up for having curtains (I guess cuz he wanted to peep inside my apt every day, I dunno).

>:( >:( >:( >:(

any suggestikons? or should I jus tlet it go.

There are other things that happened.
He has raised our rent 5 times in the past year.

I could list many other things.

He has came and knocked on my door many times, over petty stuff.

One day he told me I could not feed the stray cat that was abandoned...which he refused to do anything about, so I ended up bringing ti in and adopting it.

I am about ready to tell this guy to go to hell, honestly. Ive had about enough of him.

In the past 6 months, 8 apartments have moved out. One just moved out this week. I am on my way out, another one is planning to move out, they have been here a long time too, cuz they have had enough.  (their rent was raised 5 times).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 01:45:12 PM by ~Hanna~ »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Well I'm glad to hear you're moving out.  Good luck.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
[Yes, perhaps that is the best retaliation..... :laugh:

I just need to find some help moving, cuz i cant do it by myself.quote author=Lisa link=topic=34211.msg346631#msg346631 date=1240940793]
Well I'm glad to hear you're moving out.  Good luck.
[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Pray for him. Pray for him to be a better person and for the wounds inside of him that cause this boorish behavior to be completely healed.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
[Yes, you are right.

He just seems so out of control.

I am creeped out by him, to be honest.

Especially since he hangs around my apt so much.  >:(

uote author=Rubystars link=topic=34211.msg346636#msg346636 date=1240941313]
Pray for him. Pray for him to be a better person and for the wounds inside of him that cause this boorish behavior to be completely healed.
[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
What state are you in? Individual states have different laws regarding landlord - tenant agreements and rental property. I am in GA and I see from your post a couple of laws he would have broken here. One is you have to give a 6 month notice to raise rent and you can only do it 2 times per year....DUH. They cannot enter your property unless it is an emergency, nor can they request to do so unless there is a good reason AND unless it is an emergency (eg. broken water pipe) they have to give you a 24hr notice. The harassment part I am not sure on but I know if he has had that much un-invited contact with you it would be harassment. In some states some laws may be superseded by the lease agreement. I am not an attorney but I have had experience with the subject of rental property. I also know of some very good web sites that have forums to ask law questions and to look up information. I will post the links when I get home. Good luck with the jerk.

P.S. Before you leave, take a couple of eggs and put them somewhere they can't be found or reached easily. The ideal place is if you can drop them into a wall behind the sheet rock where you have to tear it off the to access. It will take a few weeks but it will start stinking terribly. By then you will be long gone. Or better yet pour milk there or break the eggs open so no evidence is found that it was deliberate. I have a lot of tricks like that if you are interested. But in reality I guess that would not be a civilized thing to do.

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer

Yes, pray for him. Pray that he is stricken with osteo-arthritis in his hands (your joints disfigure and fingers turn in and the joints become immobile), gets crabs and hemorrhoids, all three concurrently.

ha ha ha

No, actually praying like Rubystars said is the right thing to do.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
[Yes, he's broken lots of laws.  Since he is a multi millionaire, he seems to think he is above the lws.

I am moving and dont want to spend any money fighting him. He has access to better lawyers than I ever would.

The legal aid lawyers said to just move, that is there response to him.
 quote author=drlmg link=topic=34211.msg346640#msg346640 date=1240942182]
What state are you in? Individual states have different laws regarding landlord - tenant agreements and rental property. I am in GA and I see from your post a couple of laws he would have broken here. One is you have to give a 6 month notice to raise rent and you can only do it 2 times per year....DUH. They cannot enter your property unless it is an emergency, nor can they request to do so unless there is a good reason AND unless it is an emergency (eg. broken water pipe) they have to give you a 24hr notice. The harassment part I am not sure on but I know if he has had that much un-invited contact with you it would be harassment. In some states some laws may be superseded by the lease agreement. I am not an attorney but I have had experience with the subject of rental property. I also know of some very good web sites that have forums to ask law questions and to look up information. I will post the links when I get home. Good luck with the jerk.

P.S. Before you leave, take a couple of eggs and put them somewhere they can't be found or reached easily. The ideal place is if you can drop them into a wall behind the sheet rock where you have to tear it off the to access. It will take a few weeks but it will start stinking terribly. By then you will be long gone. Or better yet pour milk there or break the eggs open so no evidence is found that it was deliberate. I have a lot of tricks like that if you are interested. But in reality I guess that would not be a civilized thing to do.
[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Actually, I just sent an email to city hall explaining why I had to step down from the Neighborhood Association (I was a board member) and the Public Safety Advisory Board (I was on that, too)....I explained it was mainly because of his harrassment that I had to move. And that I was just tired of it all. Also, one of our tenants here went on a mass killing spree two months ago and nobody even wants to discuss it (like it never happened) which is weird to me.

I could not get anyone to help me from these places I was a member. They have had nothing but problems from this apartment complex for YEARS Ive been told. This is the 3rd landlord I've had since we have lived here, its changed that many times.

I said how this place should just be torn down (which is true) it is falling apart and has had too many problems (crime, drugs, etc). They dont want anyone like me there, but if I were having weekly parties, etc, I would be welcome with open arms.

The problems here have not just been what I have had. Its been ongoing for many years.

Good riddance, of it, I say.

G-d doesn't want me there, anymore.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
p.s. I researched about rent increases here and it is legal, as long as it is only once every 30 days. The rent can be increased every 30 days in Oregon.

I even asked a lawyer about it, it is true.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
May the almighty bless you and you become the landlord of your present landlord.
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
He has a really strange way to do buisiness.

Buisiness is a mechanic thing no personal thing. I know people like him, but I am really unable to understand them.

You do the right thing Hanna. Moving out is the right answer. And please don't bother so much about the whole issue. It is not worth it.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
YES, that is it!!!

uote author=syyuge link=topic=34211.msg346655#msg346655 date=1240945774]
May the almighty bless you and you become the landlord of your present landlord.
[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Yes, in my opinion, he has no business being a landlord.

But what do I know? 

:laugh:

He has a really strange way to do buisiness.

Buisiness is a mechanic thing no personal thing. I know people like him, but I am really unable to understand them.

You do the right thing Hanna. Moving out is the right answer. And please don't bother so much about the whole issue. It is not worth it.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Buy a house and you no longer have to deal with landlords... I have not lived in an apartment for over 10 years and it is awesome not having anyone who can evict me. I am paying mortgage but I think I will be here for at least another 10 years...

I am sorry that this 'person' treats you so badly. I was just reading from "Lights along the way" about Chassidus and how important it is to be helpful and kind to others. This landlord sounds like he stands opposed to all kindness and goodness. People like this will get what they deserve when they are judged very harshly in Olam Haba.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Buy a house and you no longer have to deal with landlords... I have not lived in an apartment for over 10 years and it is awesome not having anyone who can evict me. I am paying mortgage but I think I will be here for at least another 10 years...

I am sorry that this 'person' treats you so badly. I was just reading from "Lights along the way" about Chassidus and how important it is to be helpful and kind to others. This landlord sounds like he stands opposed to all kindness and goodness. People like this will get what they deserve when they are judged very harshly in Olam Haba.

Hanna,
I am in agreement with Muman with this one.
His advice is the right way to go about handling this guy and this situation.

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Yes. I did just that.... ;D

uote author=muman613 link=topic=34211.msg346666#msg346666 date=1240947944]

[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Yes, I think I am agreeing too....

I have some anger, I suppose....

:::D

quote author=ag337 link=topic=34211.msg346670#msg346670 date=1240948399]

Hanna,
I am in agreement with Muman with this one.
His advice is the right way to go about handling this guy and this situation.
[/quote]
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
I tried and tried being nice to this individual....he has never even smiled at me.

Oh well.....

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 05:16:03 PM by ~Hanna~ »
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
I tried and tried being nice to this indivuual....he has never even smiled at me.

Oh well.....

I guess he thinks of you as being like an uninvited guest or a pest at his home even though you do pay him rent.  Someone has to rent from him.  It might as well be you.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
I hope he eventually goes out of business and loses his apartment complex lol. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
I hope he eventually goes out of business and loses his apartment complex lol. 

Yup. In the past year, 8 or 9 apts have moved out...one just moved this week, I'm moving out soon and another one soon after that.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
Well, if anyone feels like praying.....one of the apartments here, I've had problems with them harrassing me cuz I called the police on them when they were trying to hurt each other...they are basically the bullies of the apt complex, the woman 9who is proud she is an athiest) keeps walking by my apartment and lets her kids hang out here now...she has tried starting fights with me in the past and I've had to walk away.

The manager AND owner has allowed these people to stay here even when having half the neighborhood calling teh police on them...

I am the only adult here....

so if anyone feels like praying...

:laugh:
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל