Author Topic: Will the republicans have a chance...ever?  (Read 513 times)

Offline zachor_ve_kavod

• Master JTFer
Will the republicans have a chance...ever?
« on: May 06, 2009, 07:53:05 PM »
I'm not meaning to be overly gloomy here, but Muman's post about Joe the plumber made me think of something.  You know, the Leftists (aka liberals, aka progressives, aka the secularists) are doing one hell of a job brainwashing the young people.

I would bet any money that over 80% of 18-25 year olds voted for Barrack Obama.  As time passes under this administration, what was once considered "Left" is now mainstream (like same sex marriage, the environmental movement, the welfare state, socialized healthcare), what was once considered centrist (moderate taxation, modest military spending, reducing crime) is considered right wing, and what was once considered right wing (less spending, Christian influences, capital punishment, a powerful military) is now considered ultra right/fascist.  How ironic as the real fascism comes only from the left.

At any rate, our young people now consider a welfare state (for example) to be a moderate position, perfectly reasonable and viable.  The republican party itself has moved considerably to the Left.  Nobody represents the conservative viewpoint anymore.  If the republican party attempts to move back to the right (which is highly doubtful), there will be an extreme polarization of American political affiliation.  This is not good news.

The only thing that can be done is for grassroots political organizations to take their message to the streets and win the minds of individuals one by one.  Otherwise, we will descend into communism.   

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
Re: Will the republicans have a chance...ever?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2009, 10:16:08 PM »
At any rate, our young people now consider a welfare state (for example) to be a moderate position, perfectly reasonable and viable.

Good observation, yet another example of how the left is re-defining so many things.

The republican party itself has moved considerably to the Left.

Agree, can you believe the absurd nonsense Arlen Sphincter spouted about the republican party moving far to the right?

Nobody represents the conservative viewpoint anymore.

Only some 3rd party candidates that to date have not had a chance of being elected.

As for the main question and my opinion regarding .... I do not think the republican party will be very successful until actual conservative candidates run on the R ticket.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2009, 10:30:25 PM »
At any rate, our young people now consider a welfare state (for example) to be a moderate position, perfectly reasonable and viable.

Good observation, yet another example of how the left is re-defining so many things.

Agree, can you believe the absurd nonsense Arlen Sphincter spouted about the republican party moving far to the right?

Only some 3rd party candidates that to date have not had a chance of being elected.

As for the main question and my opinion regarding .... I do not think the republican party will be very successful until actual conservative candidates run on the R ticket.

I agree drlmg. Someone told me yesterday that it was said that it will be more than 40 years before a Republican is voted into office. How depressing! I hope we see a "different" Sarah Palin if she runs. No one to "handle" her and she can let it all out and not hold back on anything. She is the PERFECT candidate in my opinion.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2009, 11:02:48 PM »
 :P

I agree drlmg. Someone told me yesterday that it was said that it will be more than 40 years before a Republican is voted into office. How depressing! I hope we see a "different" Sarah Palin if she runs. No one to "handle" her and she can let it all out and not hold back on anything. She is the PERFECT candidate in my opinion.

arksis,
You are right.
Sarah Palin doesn't need anybody to handle her this time around if she runs.
She's got to do her own thing, be herself, and handle her own campaign.
I do believe that is Palin does that, we will see a very different response to her; and inturn she will be able to open her mouth and defend herself against any negative attacks.