Author Topic: Ze'ev Boim: Making Irresponsible, Foolish and Wicked Statements  (Read 2237 times)

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
A minister in the government of Ehud Olmert said openly Thursday Israel would eventually give in to Arab demands and European insistence and surrender the Golan Heights to the Syrians.

"We know that the price will be, in the end, that Israel will come down from the Golan Heights," Immigrant Absorption Minister Ze'ev Boim said.

The Kadima Party member's irresponsible and capitulatory statement echoed sentiments expressed by individual wrong-thinking Israeli leaders over the past decade-and-a-half.

They came a day after another liberal lawmaker, US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, defied her president's policies and flew to Damascus to try her hand at Middle East peace making, at Israel's expense. (See Olmert: We sent no message with Pelosi)

Towering high over the Sea of Galilee, the Golan Heights forms a strategically important part of the Land of Israel, serving, since 1967, as a preventative to Syrian aggression against the Jewish state.

The territory was designated as the inheritance of the half-tribe of Manasseh and 2000 years ago they were - as they are today - home to thriving Jewish communities.

Roman armies attacked them - most notably at sites like Gamla - and drove those who survived into exile.

In 1914 the Heights were included in the land set apart for close Jewish settlement by the Balfour Declaration, which was ratified at the 1920 San Remo Conference and confirmed by the League of Nations in 1922.

Almost immediately on being granted a mandate to oversee the creation of the Jewish homeland, the British government lopped off the Golan and handed it to French-controlled Syria, which in 1946 became an independent Arab state.

Syria attacked newly reborn Israel in 1948 from the Golan, and for the following 19 years occupied the Heights, using them as a platform from which to fire down on the Jews farming in the valley below.

Israel retook them in 1967, and has spent the last 40 years resettling and developing them against the backdrop of increasingly strident Syrian demands for their "return."

« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 02:25:21 PM by dawntreader »
Victory is a thing of the will. -General Ferdinand Foch

Our peace must be a peace of victors, not of the vanquished.
- General Ferdinand Foch

We have met the enemy and they are ours.
- Oliver Hazard Perry

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Re: Ze'ev Boim: Making Irresponsible, Foolish and Wisked Statements
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:06:47 PM »
Ummm...yes. Please ignore my ignoramus typo in the subject line of this thread. "Wisked"....really. Ummm...why did my fingers betray me as I typed?

- General Ferdinand Foch

- Oliver Hazard Perry

Scriabin

Re: Ze'ev Boim: Making Irresponsible, Foolish and Wisked Statements
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 02:20:54 PM »
Just fix it.

Offline dawntreader

• Senior JTFer
Re: Ze'ev Boim: Making Irresponsible, Foolish and Wicked Statements
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »
Just fix it.

Ah! Aha! I didn't realize I could modify the post after I had already posted. Cool! Ok..."Wisked" has been corrected to its proper form. "Wicked."

Much thanks for the tip!

- General Ferdinand Foch

- Oliver Hazard Perry

Din Rodef

Re: Ze'ev Boim: Making Irresponsible, Foolish and Wicked Statements
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 06:42:05 PM »
There's no stopping them now

I think that the traitors in the Israeli Gov are going to allow the creation of a Balestinian State this year. 2008 is an election year in America, so a "peace deal" would have to come in 2007.

If you look at the recent Arab League Summit that took place a few weeks ago...Congoleeza Rice's recent diplomatic world tour....Pelosi's visit to the Middle East....Iran's release of British hostages...US Military build-up in the Persian Gulf....ALL of this is adding up to a renewed attempt at creating a Balestinian State.