Author Topic: Cybill Sheppard LOVES gays! Nebbuch!  (Read 1202 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Cybill Sheppard LOVES gays! Nebbuch!
« on: May 11, 2009, 06:48:45 PM »
I never liked Cybill Sheppard and now I have a good reason why I will never like her. She is a gay-loving liberal who seems to be very mixed up when it comes to religion. She has invented her own religion and made G-d in her own image, both condemnable acts.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519777,00.html

Cybill Shepherd Blames the Mormons & Catholics for the Passing of Proposition 8

Tennessee-born beauty Cybill Shepherd definitely isn’t one to waste words -- and had she no qualms in speaking out about who she thought was to blame for the passing of Proposition 8 in California's last election, which led to gay and lesbian marriage rights being overturned.

"The Mormons and Catholics," she told Tarts at the recent L.A Gay & Lesbian Center’s "An Evening With Women" celebration in Beverly Hills. "Most of the money came from Utah, it’s very unfortunate."

However Shepherd does feel that President Obama is doing enough for the cause.

"I think he is working hard at it, I really do. I am just so encouraged by Iowa and Vermont. We have a tough road ahead in California, but we'll be hittin’ within a year," she added with confidence.

The 59-year-old’s passion to pursue the fight for Gay & Lesbian rights actually stemmed from Martin Luther King’s assassination in 1968.

"He was killed in my hometown of Memphis, three and a half miles from my high school and I’m a product of the segregated south and I got to see that hatred up close, live that hatred, colored only, whites only, and when he was killed I was stricken with guilt and shame," Shepherd added. "I felt as though I hadn't done enough to help the civil rights cause and as I gradually began to understand, what is the most recent excuse to deny people rights under the law? To treat them as less than human and once you get that kind of right thinking you realize how important it is to stand up for the gay and lesbian kids who are at greater risk because they don't have community support and sometimes their parents kick them out. Particularly in L.A we have more runaways then anywhere in the world."

So when it comes to Shepherd’s own faith, she’s developed quite the hybrid of religious convictions.

"I’m a Christian Pagan Buddhist Goddess worshiper, but I’m also a feminist. I think the ultimate glass ceiling is G-d, in another words, if we think G-d is a man, then we make man a G-d, and I studied and learned that there is a whole other history of the worshiping of the great mother," she explained. "I really think that probably G-d is a woman, that helped me to break through that celestial glass ceiling."

But going back to who Hollywood blames for Prop 8, while Shepherd said the Mormons and Catholics, Sharon Osbourne said it’s all to do with our former President.

"Bush, blame everything on Bush," she said.

Meanwhile "Dollhouse" dame Eliza Dushku and actress Jane Lynch believe it all just came down to an overall lack of understanding regarding the issue.

"Not enough voters turned out or not enough people are affected by Prop. 8 and what gay marriage is really about which is equality and peace," Dushku said. "And who could speak against either of those things?"

"I don’t blame. People voted with their own hearts and a lot of people are afraid of it because they've been told to be afraid of it and that’s too bad," added Lynch. "I wish they would think for themselves and not do what their Church tells them to do. Alot of people use the church as an excuse, and I don't like it and I don't buy it."

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline dominicanjtfer

• New JTFer
Re: Cybill Sheppard LOVES gays! Nebbuch!
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:45:56 AM »
"I’m a Christian Pagan Buddhist Goddess worshiper, but I’m also a feminist. I think the ultimate glass ceiling is G-d, in another words, if we think G-d is a man, then we make man a G-d, and I studied and learned that there is a whole other history of the worshiping of the great mother," she explained. "I really think that probably G-d is a woman, that helped me to break through that celestial glass ceiling."

:laugh: :::D :::D :laugh: :laugh: :::D

Help me out, who is this dumb [censored] and what movies did she star in?

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 09:17:00 AM »
The only thing I know from her is that she was in a long running s(H)itcom. I don't watch much TV so I don't know.

RE: homosexuals.... I feel sorry for them. I think maybe a lot of them are mentally ill. I see some (as patients...let me make that clear!!! ha ha) and they all seem to be troubled deep down inside and something seems to be missing. I in no way feel that homosexuality is normal or morally acceptable but for the most part I don't mind being around the average gay person. It is the militant "in your face" queers that I despise, and not because they are gay but because of their despicable behavior. I would despise any heterosexuals as well if they were inappropriately flaunting their private sexual business publicly with no respect for those unwillingly subjected to their displays. The behavior I am trying to describe can be seen for example at gay pride rallies. Anyone with that little respect or decency is not someone I would want to have to be around.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 10:15:21 AM »
The only thing I know from her is that she was in a long running s(H)itcom. I don't watch much TV so I don't know.

RE: homosexuals.... I feel sorry for them. I think maybe a lot of them are mentally ill. I see some (as patients...let me make that clear!!! ha ha) and they all seem to be troubled deep down inside and something seems to be missing. I in no way feel that homosexuality is normal or morally acceptable but for the most part I don't mind being around the average gay person. It is the militant "in your face" queers that I despise, and not because they are gay but because of their despicable behavior. I would despise any heterosexuals as well if they were inappropriately flaunting their private sexual business publicly with no respect for those unwillingly subjected to their displays. The behavior I am trying to describe can be seen for example at gay pride rallies. Anyone with that little respect or decency is not someone I would want to have to be around.

This is my feeling also. What people do in their own bedrooms is their own business, to an extent. The real problem is a lack of modesty. Gays have a problem when they want people to accept their deviance as normalcy. I have in many posts advocated that we not oppress gay people because their sin is no worse than a person who desecrates Shabbat. The sin is compounded when a famous person uses their fame to make a sin seem normal.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline drlmg

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:24:35 AM »

[/quote]

This is my feeling also. What people do in their own bedrooms is their own business, to an extent. The real problem is a lack of modesty. Gays have a problem when they want people to accept their deviance as normalcy. I have in many posts advocated that we not oppress gay people because their sin is no worse than a person who desecrates Shabbat. The sin is compounded when a famous person uses their fame to make a sin seem normal.

[/quote]

Very well put, my feeling exactly, I was unable to word it as concisely. You can be respectful yet in disagreeance.