Author Topic: What Is Zion?  (Read 2942 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
What Is Zion?
« on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:38 AM »
a. JERUSALEM

II Chronicles 5:2 Then Solomon summoned to Jerusalem the elders of Israel, all the heads of the tribes and the chiefs of the Israelite families, to bring up the ark of the LORD'S covenant from Zion, the City of David.

Isaiah 52:1 Awake, awake, O Zion, clothe yourself with strength. Put on your garments of splendor, O Jerusalem, the holy city. The uncircumcised and defiled will not enter you again.

Jeremiah 14:19 Have you rejected Judah completely? Do you despise Zion? (Jerusalem-LB) Zephaniah 3:16 On that day they will say to Jerusalem, "Do not fear, O Zion; do not let your hands hang limp.

b.  ISRAEL THE LAND

Psalms 87:4 "I will record Rahab and Babylon among those who acknowledge me--Philistia too, and Tyre, along with Cush--and will say, 'This one was born in Zion.' 5 Indeed, of Zion it will be said, "This one and that one were born in her, and the Most High himself will establish her.

Psalms 97:8 Zion hears and rejoices and the villages of Judah are glad because of your judgments, O LORD.

Isaiah 51:3 The LORD will surely comfort Zion and will look with compassion on all her ruins; he will make her deserts like Eden, her wastelands like the garden of the LORD. Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

Isaiah 51:11 The ransomed of the LORD will return. They will enter Zion with singing; everlasting joy will crown their heads. Gladness and joy will overtake them, and sorrow and sighing will flee away.

Jeremiah 9:19 The sound of wailing is heard from Zion: 'How ruined we are! How great is our shame! We must leave our land because our houses are in ruins.'

c.  ISRAEL THE PEOPLE

Isaiah 51:16 I have put my words in your mouth and covered you with the shadow of my hand--I who set the heavens in place, who laid the foundations of the earth, and who say to Zion, 'You are my people.'

Lamentations 2:6 He has laid waste his dwelling like a garden; he has destroyed his place of meeting. The LORD has made Zion forget her appointed feasts and her Sabbaths; in his fierce anger he has spurned both king and priest.

THE PEOPLE OF ZION

Psalms 87:6 The LORD will write in the register of the peoples: "This one was born in Zion."

Isaiah 12:6 Shout aloud and sing for joy, people of Zion, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you
Isaiah 30:19 O people of Zion, who live in Jerusalem, you will weep no more. How gracious he will be when you cry for help! As soon as he hears, he will answer you.

Isaiah 61:3 And provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
Re: What Is Zion?
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 01:50:20 AM »
I think Zion also refers to the land of Israel. 
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

ftf

Re: What Is Zion?
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 12:34:40 PM »
I always thought of Zion as three different things, the land of Israel, the city of Jerusalem and lastly Heaven or the kingdom of God.