General Category > Ask JTF

Ask JTF For May 13 Broadcast

(1/7) > >>

admin:
Note To All Posters: Only one post per person is permitted. All other posts will be moved to The Future Ask JTF Section for future shows. Comments not directed to Chaim will be moved into a separate thread in The General Discussion.

Chaim has stated that only one short question or comment per poster will be answered. Please remember that even with these rules, the program is roughly three hours long every week! If you want to post a longer post, Chaim will not answer the whole thing and you can cut and paste for next week.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BS"D

Chag Yom Yerushalayim Sameach,

Moadim LeSimcha LeGeulah Shelemah!

First Point: You have said you don't like Yeshiva University. What about Bar-Ilan University? I used to go there. I made aliyah in 2000 when I was 18. I went to ulpan for a year in Haifa and then Mechinat Olim a Hebrew University for a year. After a year at Bar-Ilan, I came back to The United States when I was 21 because the Israeli college level academic Hebrew was too hard and the undergraduate level is like the graduate level in The United States. When I was 21, I started communtiy college in Pennsylvania in September, 2003, and graduated with an Associates Degree in Liberal Arts in May, 2006. I started a 4 year university in the end of August, 2006. Now I am 25.

Also, the Jewish History classes I took at Bar-Ilan are not from a religious perspective and at times are even heretical and anti-religious. Now I am majoring in General History.

Second Point: What do you think of Touro College?

Yacov Menashe Ben Rachamim,
Chief Administrator.

jsullivan:
I'm posting this for Yacov Menashe.

I expect to graduate from college in December, 2008. I don't know what type of job I want and I don't have any real work experience. I will graduate with a BA in History but I don't expect to work in the field. All I know is that eventually I want to find a wife and start a family with her in Jerusalem. But I don't know how I will support a family and I don't have any experience with women either. When I was 13 I had a girlfriend for 3 days when I was in Israel and when I was 18 I had a North African Sfardic Internet girlfriend from France who I met one time in Jerusalem afterwards. What is your suggestions on finding a wife and how to support a family? Up until now, I rely on my parents for financial support for money other than money I saved over the years and that I got from my grandfather when he died which I use when I travel to Israel or if I go places in The United States like New York. I also used that money when I went to community college but now I get full state and federal financial aid for the university I go to which is among the cheapest state universities in Pennsylvania (Only about 4,000-5,000 dollars a year compared to my sister who has many loans because went to NYU, and graduated this May.).

Do you believe that pre-marital hugging is worse than pre-marital kissing? I think hugging might be worse than kissing on the cheek because of the physical feeling involved from the two bodies touching. For me this is all hypothetical because I haven't had any type of relationship at all since the French Internet girlfriend. I haven't "liked" a particular girl since 2002 and I haven't attempted to date a girl since 2003. I was a payed member of Frumster for one month and the only woman that didn't send the automatic message that says you're not interested but she wouldn't go any further than talking once online because she didn't want to wait to get married. She wanted to get married right away.

tonycali99:
Tell me what metrapalltin comunity church is, my relig studie's profesor says its proof that most christian's accept homosexuality, thank's tony.

Chaim, Jr.:
Chaim:  You have said that there is no inconsistency between modern science and torah Judaism.  How about Metzizah Bi Peh without using a glass tube (pipette) for suction wherein two babies died of systemic herpes infection about one year ago due to oral herpes infection of the mohel.  You cannot easily tell that mohels have this infection since it doesn't always manifest itself in easily diagnosable lesions and is self-limited and not symtomatic in a healthy adult and there are no blood tests as with syphilis, AIDS or hepatitis to aid in the diagnosis.  I have heard an Orthodox Rabbi on The Zev Brenner Show say "If it's Metizah, it must be Bi Peh; if it's not Bi Peh, it's not Metzizah".  He says that using a glass pipette is not Halachic.  Is there an inconsistency between modern science and torah Judaism in this case?

p.s.: My mother had mine done at Brooklyn Jewish Hospital by the obstetrician.  That wasn't Halachic either.  Do I have to get it done over again?

Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks:
Dearest Chaim,

Once sufficiently established in power and unshakable, and permitting sufficient military might, would a Kahanist Israel attempt to physically defend heroic small nations (like Serbia) that are facing a holocaust from the New World Order?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version