Author Topic: Obama considers national sales Tax  (Read 758 times)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
Obama considers national sales Tax
« on: May 27, 2009, 04:11:06 PM »
http://www.exposeobama.com/2009/05/27/obama-considers-national-sales-tax/

With budget deficits soaring and President Obama pushing a trillion-dollar-plus expansion of health coverage, some Washington policymakers are taking a fresh look at a money-making idea long considered politically taboo: a national sales tax.

Common around the world, including in Europe, such a tax — called a value-added tax, or VAT — has not been seriously considered in the United States. But advocates say few other options can generate the kind of money the nation will need to avert fiscal calamity.

At a White House conference earlier this year on the government’s budget problems, a roomful of tax experts pleaded with Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner to consider a VAT. A recent flurry of books and papers on the subject is attracting genuine, if furtive, interest in Congress. And last month, after wrestling with the White House over the massive deficits projected under Obama’s policies, the chairman of the Senate Budget Committee declared that a VAT should be part of the debate.

“There is a growing awareness of the need for fundamental tax reform,” Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said in an interview. “I think a VAT and a high-end income tax have got to be on the table.”

Offline Geert Akbar

• Full JTFer
    • My JTF video zootube channel
Re: Obama considers national sales Tax
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 06:50:52 PM »
Only an ape like Obama would think of something like that that. Can't wait to see what Michael Savage has to say about that move.
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
-Thomas Jefferson

Offline msd

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 07:04:15 PM »
I think a national sales tax is the best way to go. Get rid of the income tax, get rid of other taxes, and just have a simple tax system where we pay for taxes for every item we buy. This means illegals pay for taxes too, and we don't have to fill out tax forms, and everyone pays equally.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 07:21:47 PM »
I think a national sales tax is the best way to go. Get rid of the income tax, get rid of other taxes, and just have a simple tax system where we pay for taxes for every item we buy. This means illegals pay for taxes too, and we don't have to fill out tax forms, and everyone pays equally.
This administration is not getting rid of any tax they are just going to add layers and layers of new taxes to drain every possible cent from taxpayers they can get their hands on. The filthy monkey swore up and down that people making below 200gs would pay no new taxes. Now he is floating the idea of a point of use tax or value added tax that would tax everyone even his brothers and "sistas" on the dole. I expected to pay far more in taxes with this animal in office now let his supporters take it in the rump when he hits them with this gem and lets see how they like it.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline firster555

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 08:10:37 PM »
msd and cjd, you are both right. msd, that is the way to go, get rid of the other taxes and JUST have the VAT, unfortunetly though cjd is also right, this administration, or any administration, will never get rid of any tax that is already in place.
In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man. Brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.

Offline msd

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 08:13:07 PM »
Yeah, I am naive, and cjd is right, I am afraid.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2009, 01:03:17 AM »
msd and cjd, you are both right. msd, that is the way to go, get rid of the other taxes and JUST have the VAT, unfortunetly though cjd is also right, this administration, or any administration, will never get rid of any tax that is already in place.

firster555,   the only thing I disagree with you on is that any administration wouldn't get rid of some taxes already in place.      In my opinion,   a true conservative administration that believes in what the founding fathers and mothers of the USA stood for,   would attempt to get rid of a significant amount of taxes already in place.       
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2009, 02:20:22 AM »
The communist Obama hasn't found a tax yet he dislikes.