Author Topic: Messianic expectations?????  (Read 839 times)

Offline zerah600

• Junior JTFer
Messianic expectations?????
« on: June 03, 2009, 07:54:23 AM »
Summary of Editorials from the Hebrew Press

(Israel Government Press Office)

Yediot Aharonot notes the "almost Messianic" expectations in Egypt ahead of US President Barack Obama's speech tomorrow but cautions that "Obama's decision to put the Arab world at the head of his list of foreign policy priorities was not born out of Messianic aspirations but out of compulsion," because "America needs the Arab rulers and Arab public opinion as never before" in order to extricate itself from Iraq.  The author asserts that "Obama is walking a fine line," and adds that "Because he needs the Arab rulers, he must lower the tone regarding democracy and human rights."  Regarding possible effects of the speech, the paper says that "The question is what will happen in Washington in the future; will a plan really be formulated that will be able to unite all of the anti-Iranian and pro-American forces in the region, including Israel, in one coalition that will aspire to regional stability – to halt Iran and save Iraq, Afghanistan and a regional Israeli-Arab peace?  Only the Messiah could achieve all of these goals in one term."

:o

Yisrael Hayom declares that "While the US demands that Israel honor previous governments' commitments, including in regard to the 'Roadmap', which calls for the establishment of 'two states for two peoples,' America itself is not doing so vis-à-vis its previous acceptance of the settlements' natural growth."  The author notes US President Obama's comment yesterday to a French newspaper that the US is one of the world's largest Muslim nations and avers: "His words are true demographically.  But the need to say so now attests to the mood of the current administration.  In November 2008, Barack Obama was elected to the White House.  In June 2009, Barack Hussein Obama is serving there.  Those who refrained from noting his full name during the elections must now understand the significance and perhaps express belated regret.  It is not that America is Muslim; neither is Obama.  But a problematic mood is coming from there."
"Dacă te voi uita, Ierusalime, să-şi uite dreapta mea destoinicia ei!
Să mi se lipească limba de cerul gurii, dacă nu-mi voi aduce aminte de tine, dacă nu voi face din Ierusalim culmea bucuriei mele!"  Ps.137

"If I forget thee, O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget her cunning.
If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy." Ps.137

Offline zerah600

• Junior JTFer
Re: Messianic expectations?????
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 08:06:57 AM »
If I knew well, America was one of the world's largest CHRISTIAN NATION or maybe I am crazy  :'(
Să mi se lipească limba de cerul gurii, dacă nu-mi voi aduce aminte de tine, dacă nu voi face din Ierusalim culmea bucuriei mele!"  Ps.137

If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy." Ps.137

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 12:00:14 PM »
If I knew well, America was one of the world's largest CHRISTIAN NATION or maybe I am crazy  :'(

America was never a Christian nation in the sense that its laws are not derived from the teachings of Jesus. But it does have the largest percentage of people who profess to believe in Christianity. Obama's comment was nauseating, wrong and just plain evil. The fifth column of Muslims only comprise 3% of the U.S. population (approx. 10 million out of 300 million). And that is a generous estimate on my part. In Islamic ideology America is Dar al Harb (the abode of the sword, or more accurately, the house of war). Any nation that isn't under Islamic rule is Dar al Harb. I guess Obama truly believes he's the Mahdi (Messiah) who can save the world, but his crazy ambitions will only lead to even more calamity for us "infidels."

Offline zerah600

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 12:26:00 PM »
Huh, after I read his speech in Cairo, I truly believe that he truly believes he is the new Messiah!

May G-d have mercy, on us, "the infidels"!

thank you for your reply, i appreciated it!