Author Topic: Tebbitt says sharia courts are like gangsters  (Read 2136 times)

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
Tebbitt says sharia courts are like gangsters
« on: June 09, 2009, 05:47:58 AM »
Tebbitt says sharia courts are like gangsters

Daily Mail 05 June 2009
By Steve Doughty

Veteran Tory Lord Tebbit provoked anger among Muslims yesterday by comparing Islamic sharia courts to gangsters. He likened the tribunals to the 'system of arbitration of disputes that was run by the Kray brothers'.

Lord Tebbit told the Lords: 'Are you not aware that there is extreme pressure put upon vulnerable women to go through a form of arbitration that results in them being virtually precluded from access to British law?'

The intervention from Lord Tebbit, the former Tory chairman and cabinet minister whose leading role in the Thatcher years has made him a revered figure for many in the party, reignited the row over Islamic courts and their role in the British justice system.

Muslim critics called his remarks 'baseless and ignorant'.   :P

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
Re: Tebbitt says sharia courts are like gangsters
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 02:13:08 PM »
If Muslims want to have "sharia law" courts, they need to move back to their primitive "third-world" Islamic ruled countries, stop complaining, and pushing their cultlike beliefs on the rest of civilized society.

I'm sure that they would feel more comfortable living in Saudi Arabia or Iran, where oppression, sharia law, and no personal religious freedoms and/or any other beliefs are tolerated.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 03:54:36 PM »
If Muslims want to have "sharia law" courts, they need to move back to their primitive "third-world" Islamic ruled countries, stop complaining, and pushing their cultlike beliefs on the rest of civilized society.

I'm sure that they would feel more comfortable living in Saudi Arabia or Iran, where oppression, sharia law, and no personal religious freedoms and/or any other beliefs are tolerated.

YES! I make your words mine!  8)

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 10:46:43 PM »
Gangsters want money. Islam wants the world.