Author Topic: Video Editing Software  (Read 2938 times)

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Video Editing Software
« on: June 12, 2009, 03:10:26 PM »
Does anyone know about free video editing software other than windows moviemaker maybe some cracked version?
Moviemaker is pure crap and with me it fails at literally everything.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Video Editing Software
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 03:16:00 PM »
The free ones aren't really so good. I haven't been able to find one really. You could try Virtual Dub for some really simple things like makng logos disappear with the logo away filter.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 03:36:38 PM »
yea vdub is good, there are many plugins to add to it!

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 03:39:26 PM »
I use Adobe Premiere.   I'ts easy since Im already very familiar with photoshop and many other of adobe's apps.

Fancy editing and special effects needs something like after-affects. (also adobe)

If you want it for free (Pirated).. download a torrent client. ( http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete?os=win )

Then after installing that... go here:
http://isohunt.com/download/79244717/adobe+cs3.torrent

THEN install it  (You really only need premier, aftereffects, and possibly  Encore for putting it on a dvd if you want)

Use a serial here: http://www.mininova.org/com/1910120

Its very powerful

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 03:40:27 PM »
Briann I've been looking for virus-free downloads of that. Is that virus free?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 04:05:10 PM »
I use Adobe Premiere.   I'ts easy since Im already very familiar with photoshop and many other of adobe's apps.

Fancy editing and special effects needs something like after-affects. (also adobe)

If you want it for free (Pirated).. download a torrent client. ( http://www.utorrent.com/downloads/complete?os=win )

THEN install it  (You really only need premier, aftereffects, and possibly  Encore for putting it on a dvd if you want)

Its very powerful

Why do you encourage people to steal? This is not a good thing.

PS: Some of my ex-coworkers currently work for Adobe...

I get it... Its ok to steal software because you think you can get away with it, but when people go into the store and shoplift it is really a crime... Hmmmm
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 04:21:43 PM »
I don't have hundreds of extra dollars to spend on this like some people do, but I would like to make some better looking JTF videos. I'm thinking about actually purchasing Sony Vegas but if I buy one it'd be hard to afford Adobe Premier too. If Adobe were smart, they'd let people have a free version with fewer features for testing purposes.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2009, 04:26:58 PM »
Hey guys has anyone tried this?

http://jahshaka.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2009, 04:39:45 PM »
I don't have hundreds of extra dollars to spend on this like some people do, but I would like to make some better looking JTF videos. I'm thinking about actually purchasing Sony Vegas but if I buy one it'd be hard to afford Adobe Premier too. If Adobe were smart, they'd let people have a free version with fewer features for testing purposes.

There are a few decent Video editing packages for free on Linux..

I use Kino and pitivi... They are OK but not as good as Adobe. Also tried kdenlive..

http://www.kinodv.org

http://www.pitivi.org

http://www.kdenlive.org

If you use Linux you can use these video editing projects...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »

There are a few decent Video editing packages for free on Linux..

I use Kino and pitivi... They are OK but not as good as Adobe. Also tried kdenlive..

http://www.kinodv.org

http://www.pitivi.org

http://www.kdenlive.org

If you use Linux you can use these video editing projects...

I have Windows like most people. I don't know how to run Linux and if I put more than one operating system on the computer, itls liable to really screw something up. Thanks for the links for those who do run Linux though.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 05:49:11 PM »
Briann I've been looking for virus-free downloads of that. Is that virus free?

Yes, I use it myself.  :)

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 05:58:50 PM »

Its very powerful

I get it... Its ok to steal software because you think you can get away with it, but when people go into the store and shoplift it is really a crime... Hmmmm

Newman, RobertX9 specifically asked for something pirated.... I would have never given this information had he not.  Also, I never suggested that it was NOT illegal to do this, or that it is NOT a crime or anything like this.  If you don't like it and think it is evil... I have no intentions of encouraging you to do it.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 06:03:57 PM »

I have used Sony Vegas and it was ok, but its editing features are limited.   To me... it all comes down to what you are already comfortable with... and I knew the adobe layout very well, so it was a snap to learn premiere.  Also.. .its really nice to have the full adobe suite... if you...for example.. want to alter the audio... you can select it from premier... and then it will take you to adobes soundbooth program.  And if you want to add special effects... same thing... you select the scene... and you can have it take you to afteraffects where you have a lot of power to edit the scenes.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2009, 09:57:04 PM »

Getting traffic tickets and pirating are the two most serious crimes against humanity. Being a politician doesn't even come close.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »

Getting traffic tickets and pirating are the two most serious crimes against humanity. Being a politician doesn't even come close.

RobertX9,

Let me tell you a little something about the Jewish religious view as to why the whole world was destroyed during the flood of Noach. The primary reason for the flood was because the world was rampant with theft. Theft is a major sin in our holy Torah and we are supposed to be meticulous in making sure that we do not get something which we did not work for. We are supposed to return lost items and we are to have honest business dealings.

Let me refer you to what the Rabbis have to say about this:

http://www.torah.org/learning/kolhakollel/5764/noach.html

Rabbi Shimon Schwab (1908-1995; student of the great Mirrer Yeshiva and Rabbi of congregations in pre-war Germany and Baltimore, he is renowned for his leadership of the German-Jewish community in Washington Heights, Manhattan from 1958 through the end of the 20th century) explains that Noah's righteousness was unique to his own generation. Noah lived for 600 years prior to the flood, the last 120 of which he knew of the flood's impending arrival. Throughout this entire era he did not influence even one person to repent and follow G-d's ways. No one beyond his immediate family had any interest in entering the ark. What was the corruption of Noah's generation that mandated such Divine destruction as the flood? They were extremely self-centered. G-d's decree against them was sealed because they systematically engaged in theft from one another, but the thefts were always of legally trivial amounts that were not punishable under the law. They were totally engrossed in material acquisition and selfishly pursued their goals relentlessly. Unfortunately, Noah was not completely untainted by the pervading attitude of his time. While he was righteous and dedicated his life to spiritual growth and developing a relationship with the Divine, he focus was on his own spirituality. Compared to our forefather Avraham, who developed an intense relationship with G-d but also taught thousands of others his monotheistic belief and the importance of emulating G-d's kindness in our interactions with others, Noah's righteousness was "nothing".

Today's society and its values confront us with many spiritual challenges. The immorality and hedonism that are the ingrained values and goals of those around us crown us as "righteous" for simply not succumbing, for successfully locking out those corrupt characteristics. But true righteousness - emulating the Divine by helping others to grow in their spirituality - changes the world around us for the better as our connection to the Divine grows ever stronger, relegating the notion of simply standing strong to seem like "nothing" at all.

It is clear according to Jewish religious beliefs that stealing software can be considered a sin just as stealing trivially small amounts not punishable under law. Maybe this is why the world seems like it is heading for another destruction...

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2009, 12:00:48 AM »
Religious books are all filled with murder, either justified or not.
I don't think a big computer company will go bankrupt by piracy.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2009, 12:31:44 AM »

I think your portrayal of 'Religious Books' is naive. History is full of wars, and usually the Jew ends up on the wrong side of it and gets killed. But because of our faith in Hashem we will prevail in the end.

Your rationalization is to be expected, it is a symptom of this generation that you have not been taught morals. I see it even in my younger co-workers who have no second thoughts about stealing other peoples works, including writing , music, video, and software. Of course there are 1000s of rationalizations, and I even have understanding because I have done it, and have the technology to do it {I work in the digital video software industry}. But there is still right and wrong, and you cannot justify stealing because 'religious books are filled with murder'... That is not a valid excuse.

PS: I am not condemning your decision to do this... As I have stated before I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I have learned from them.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 01:26:07 AM »

I think your portrayal of 'Religious Books' is naive. History is full of wars, and usually the Jew ends up on the wrong side of it and gets killed. But because of our faith in Hashem we will prevail in the end.

Your rationalization is to be expected, it is a symptom of this generation that you have not been taught morals. I see it even in my younger co-workers who have no second thoughts about stealing other peoples works, including writing , music, video, and software. Of course there are 1000s of rationalizations, and I even have understanding because I have done it, and have the technology to do it {I work in the digital video software industry}. But there is still right and wrong, and you cannot justify stealing because 'religious books are filled with murder'... That is not a valid excuse.

PS: I am not condemning your decision to do this... As I have stated before I have made a lot of mistakes in my life, but I have learned from them.

I have indeed not been taught morals because I had them already.
When I was 3 years old I said to my mother "Before I came to you I lived with god."; of some people I treated alternatively I have had some major results.
Stealing some little software to spread the right information in these time can hardly be considered a crime.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 06:30:17 AM »
well you are right,considering I dont think Judaism is a religion, it is a great philosophy. We consider the same about Hinduism. Certian men in history twisted our holy books and used them to preach different cults with adopting warfare methods and stared to call themself as Prophets >:(

I'm neutral on software piracy, most of these big companies are run by self-hating people. But yes if my doing piracy is going to hurt some one's livelihood, I expect myself to be punished through karmic laws.

@topic, if you want a simpler system like movie maker to work on, then try Nero Vision

muman bro, you are very noble and wise, some day i hope to become like you. :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 06:36:15 AM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 09:26:58 PM »
well you are right,considering I dont think Judaism is a religion, it is a great philosophy. We consider the same about Hinduism. Certian men in history twisted our holy books and used them to preach different cults with adopting warfare methods and stared to call themself as Prophets >:(

I'm neutral on software piracy, most of these big companies are run by self-hating people. But yes if my doing piracy is going to hurt some one's livelihood, I expect myself to be punished through karmic laws.

@topic, if you want a simpler system like movie maker to work on, then try Nero Vision

So what are you saying? Chaim shouldn't have bombed soviet property because it got him bad karma?
Hilltop Youth shouldn't defend themselves because it will mean bad karma?
That's not the way it works.
If you want to have peace, prepare for war.
And then there's that overly used phrase: All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
It is up to good people to defend goodness. Pacifism isn't going to save the world.

It's a little bit far off  to be 'astound' by someones wisdom when he displays a vulgar display of arrogance by assuming that any 'gentile' is raised without morals.
Even ghandi said that hindu's need to be harsher towards muslims. It is the lack of Kshatriya's that is screwing India.
Karma Yoga is a nice thing, but to save this world you need something different.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 09:52:19 PM »

So what are you saying? Chaim shouldn't have bombed soviet property because it got him bad karma?
And then there's that overly used phrase: All it takes for evil to triumph, is for good men to do nothing.
It is up to good people to defend goodness. Pacifism isn't going to save the world.

It's a little bit far off  to be 'astound' by someones wisdom when he displays a vulgar display of arrogance by assuming that any 'gentile' is raised without morals.
Even ghandi said that hindu's need to be harsher towards muslims. It is the lack of Kshatriya's that is screwing India.
Karma Yoga is a nice thing, but to save this world you need something different.

RobertX you are walking on dangerous ground. You will justify anything so long as you get what you want, won't you. You will steal when you feel like it, and you will justify it with noble intention. "The ends justify the means" is not and never will be a Jewish idea.

Now you pervert what is being said here and call it 'karma' or something. You totally miss the point.

And what I said had nothing to do with gentiles versus Jews. There are Jews who steal software too, and I will rebuke them just as I rebuke you. You have no justification. Mankind must work in order to justify his existence.

I can find tons of support for my argument. It is even in the Noachide laws that theft is a violation and courts must be set up to provide justice. There is no excuse for stealing, unless you are taking what you need to eat. Here you are sitting behind a computer which cost a good deal of money and I suspect you have the means to buy the software you need.

JTF has said many, many times that it is a law abiding forum and we do not condone illegal activity.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2009, 12:55:38 AM »

i agree with last 2 lines you have said.

but i dont think you got what i meant karma. The soviet's had bad karma for not caring about the Jews in Russia, so the bombing was due i would say.

however, you have wrong info on gandhi, when you said he asked us to be more rebelious. He never said that. Infact he said if the enemy slaps you on your cheek, give him your another cheek.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:01:09 AM by ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ »

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 12:59:00 AM »
The multinational corporations are what's destroying things, for the most part.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 01:19:46 AM »
The multinational corporations are what's destroying things, for the most part.

What do you mean by this? That software companies cannot make money selling software become of some 'conspiracy' on the part of the software publisher? I really don't think this is true. I have worked for 20 years in the software engineering field and I have worked hard on many projects. I am so thankful that the software I write cannot be pirated because judging from most people it seems that nobody has any conscience when it comes to stealing something if you think you can get away with it. I work on software which runs on hardware which most people don't own, it is embedded in your TV and in your DVD player. So the software without the hardware is worthless. Thank Hashem!

I hope that there are more moral people out there who don't go around justifying their actions. It would be like if I am speeding in my car and I think that it is OK because I won't get caught. But I have had problems with speeding and now I must be cautious. I don't go around justifying my speeding because I am not comfortable admiting that I am wrong. Same thing with taking things which you have not earned.

As I said, and I am not going to belabour the point, justifying wrong behavior is wrong. I have done it myself but I am able to say that I have done wrong. That being said I will leave this topic alone. I see that my opinion is not appreciated.

PS: This is one reason I use Linux, because it is free and I enjoy developing software. I have contributed to OpenSource and have worked to bring free software to the masses. But free software should exist parallel to commercial software, and in many cases the two can co-exist peacefully.

PPS: For the sake of honesty I have worked for two major multinational and one minor multinational companies... I worked for JVC Videogame Labs and for Daikin DVD Labs. The company I work for now has offices in four countries.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 01:32:16 AM by muman613 »