Author Topic: President’s Half-Brother George the Latest Obama to Sign Book Deal  (Read 859 times)

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
President’s Half-Brother George the Latest Obama to Sign Book Deal
June 15, 2009 1:22 PM

President Obama met his half-brother George during a 1987 visit to Kenya.

"I took comfort in the fact that perhaps one day, when he was older, George, too, might want to know who his father had been, and who his brothers and sisters were, and that if he ever came to me I would be there for him, to tell him the story I knew," the president wrote in “Dreams From My Father.”

Over the weekend David Rosenthal, the publisher and executive vice president of Simon & Schuster, told the Associated Press that George had signed a book deal of his own.

“Even had George Obama not been our President's half brother, his story is moving and inspirational," Rosenthal said. "It is an object lesson in survival, selflessness and courage."

George is one of President Obama’s eight half-siblings.

Tentatively titled “Homeland,” George Obama’s book is scheduled to be published in January 2010, and will be written with self-described “author, war reporter, adventurer” Damien Lewis, author of Apache Dawn, Cobra Gold, Operation Certain Death, Bloody Heroes, Slave and Desert Claw.

The AP says the book will describe George Obama's “fall into crime and poverty as a teenager and his eventual embrace of community organizing.”

The last time we heard about George was just after Inauguration Day when he was arrested in Kenya for possession of marijuana and resisting arrest.

Kenyan Police Chief Joshua Omokulongolo said that George had one joint on him. "He is not a drug peddler," Omokulongolo said. "But it's illegal, it's a banned substance." Charges were ultimately dropped.

George is just the latest Obama to get in on the literary action.

Five days before his inauguration, then-President-elect Obama inked a $500,000 licensing deal for an abridged middle-school version of his best-selling book "Dreams From My Father."

Shortly after Inauguration, the president’s brother-in-law – First Lady Michelle Obama’s brother Craig Robinson, the Oregon State University men’s basketball coach – announced he’d signed a book deal with Gotham Books, an imprint of Penguin Group. “A Game of Character” will be published next year.

"I've been privileged to know some extraordinary people in my life," Robinson said in a statement.  "I've watched as my sister Michelle, a rock of a mother, became a leader in her own right. My brother-in law, President Barack Obama, who I knew from the first time I met him had something special, continues to inspire all of us."

In April, Candlewick Press bought a book, Ladder to the Moon, from President Obama’s half-sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng.  Publishers Weekly reported that Ladder to the Moon will imagine what lessons Soetoro-Ng’s four-year-old daughter might have learned from her grandmother – President Obama and Soetoro-Ng’s mother -- if the two had ever met.

Speaking of whom, Duke University Press announced last month that this November, it will posthumously publish the 1992 anthropology dissertation of the president’s late mother, Dr. S. Ann Dunham, "Surviving against the Odds: Village Industry in Indonesia."

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/06/presidents-halfbrother-george-the-latest-obama-to-sign-book-deal.html

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
Re: President’s Half-Brother George the Latest Obama to Sign Book Deal
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 04:15:54 PM »
His brother is arrested in UK right now, yes? Drug dealer black.
We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 04:17:03 PM »
What's the deal here?
Everyone in our inept President's family gets a book deal.

Obviously, over-inflated egos, run deep in the genetic make-up of Obama's family.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 04:18:39 PM »
Here is Obama:
|
|
|
ˇ

We are giants, giants in love...and if you ask that who are we, then you must be a dwarf.

Offline ProudAndZionist

• Master JTFer
  • PPE
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 04:27:47 PM »
In Hungarian barack means peach.  :laugh:

Offline Zionist Revolutionary

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2009, 12:22:03 AM »
Over the weekend David Rosenthal

Ugh. I didn't read past there.

:yuck:

Offline Sentinel For Truth

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2009, 02:28:08 AM »
Is that 3rd world baboon even literate?  He needs someone to write this book for him and then sign an "X" on a dotted line.

Obama relative books are going to be the next Nigerian 419 scam email.  They're going to claim they once had Obama's gum stuck to their shoe and write a book about it.  Filthy animals!

http://www.419eater.com/html/trophy_room.htm

Offline ag337

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 02:47:13 AM »
What is he going to write about?

Maybe, the topic of his literary masterpiece, will be about how to construct a mud hut.