Author Topic: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (06/21)  (Read 925 times)

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (06/21)
« on: June 21, 2009, 06:32:59 PM »
                                                                                                                                           בס''ד

www.jtf.org/c.mp3

http://www.4shared.com/file/113317889/a7e9aee3/_7__.html

The program is 2 hours and 14 minutes this week.

Moshe92

Re: Ask JTF is ready, baruch Hashem (06/21)
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 08:12:21 PM »
thanks for your great commentary and answers

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2009, 08:17:30 PM »
Chaim, thank you for answering my question and I did not expect you to agree with me.  However, I think you misunderstood my point or perhaps I did not state it well.  You correctly drew comparisons of how I (or anyone) should approach questions of faith to other aspects of life.  Oddly that is very much what brought me to my point of view.

I found myself at one point accepting certain things simply because some Rabbi said it and when I thought about it I realized I would not apply that logic to other aspects of life.  When my father suffered a severe stroke and his Doctor told us that there was no hope for a substantial recovery while we saw signs that he was not as bad as the Doctor said we did not accept this advice.  And this Doctor was a world renowned neurologist who treated Mayor Koch when he had his stroke.  I called around and found a Doctor who worked with him on the west coast who said he was very quick to write off patients, sometimes wrongly.

So my point is that I don't naturally distrust Doctors, Rabbis, mechanics (and I have had some interesting encounters with them) plumbers, etc. when they tell me something that does not make sense I don't accept it.  When a plumber once told me that I should pay him $60 per hour to sit and wait outside my building until the City turned off water to the area for reasons that made absolutely no sense I said no. 

When a Rabbi tells me the earth is only a few thousand years old despite overwhelming scientific evidence to the contrary I don't agree.  I trust in G-d but not in men.  If the Torah is correct in its desciption of creation then the Rabbis are likely wrong in interpreting it.  Perhaps the six days of creation refer to six geological eras (an idea suggested by a high school science teacher).  I find it much more believable that the Rabbis misinterpreted the Torah than the overwhelming scientific evidence is just wrong. 
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 10:46:06 PM »
Chaim,    thanks for another terrific program.

This evening,   I gladly wrote a email to the CFOIC Heartland organization that I asked about in the 6/21 addition of "  Ask JTF".    The email was addressed to their U.S. contact person.      They do have an Israeli contact person and some other contact people in other parts of the world.     For other JTF members who want to contact CFOIC Heartland and mention JTF to them,     the following is the contact info:

http://www.cfoic.com/pages.jsp?pageID=31
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 03:12:09 AM by eb22 »
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 10:46:53 PM »
Thank you, Chaim. I always enjoy listening to these programs.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision