Author Topic: Saudi Gallup poll  (Read 2013 times)

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Saudi Gallup poll
« on: February 07, 2007, 12:16:40 PM »
JTF has often mentioned that in the wake of 9-11 97% of Saudis polled said they supported the attacks.
I looked and looked on the internet and could not find this poll.

I need this info for an article that will be of great help to JTF-does anyone know where i can find this poll???

Thanks in advance.

"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Saudi Gallup poll
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2007, 05:22:49 PM »
Lubab, i tried searching for you...with little luck. BUT...

I have found some percentages that fit in with what you were looking for:

"......Saudi Arabia the rating toward the Untied States was 12% favorable to 87% unfavorable in 2002. Today it has dropped to 3% favorable and 97% unfavorable against the u.s"

The webpage was relating to 9/11, but says that 97% of Saudis are against the U.S, not necessarily in favor of 9/11. Though I'm sure its pretty close :).
Sorry if it isn't much help, heres the website, you can check it out:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/security/library/congress/2003_h/031118-zogby.htm

Offline jsullivan

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2007, 10:22:06 PM »
The survey was indeed conducted by the Gallup organization SECRETLY in mid-October 2001. The survey was commissioned by the Saudi regime's intelligence agency Istikhabart. Gallup denies the story because it does not want to lose its lucrative Saudi and other Muslim clients. But it was reported in the media after it was leaked by Saudi regime officials and by U.S. diplomats in Saudi Arabia.

Here is one of the journalists, Dilip Hiro, who wrote about the poll in the March 11, 2002 edition of The Nation, a leftwing magazine:

A secret survey in mid-October by the kingdom's intelligence agency, Istikhabart, showed that 95 percent of educated Saudis in the 25-to-41 age group supported "bin Laden's cause." Given this sociopolitical fact, it seems unlikely that the regime in Riyadh can continue its tight military links with Washington. The writing is on the wall. "Since September 11 America has lost the Saudi people," said Dr. Abdulrahman al-Zamil, chairman of the al-Zamil business group. "America tried to convince people that they are here to protect the [Saudi] regime, and that is total garbage. Their presence is a liability to the Saudi government." The airing of such a view by an affluent businessman, who is also a member of the consultative council appointed by the monarch, could have happened only with the connivance of the royal family.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2007, 10:27:15 PM by jsullivan »

Offline Lubab

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 02:55:06 PM »
Thank you both for this info. Both polls are going into my paper now.

Maybe it will be printed on Jtf.org one day...or at least the Wall Street Journal.  ;)
"It is not upon you to finish the work, nor are you free to desist from it." Rabbi Tarfon, Pirkei Avot.