Author Topic: A full eight months since O-bummer was elected .....  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
A full eight months since O-bummer was elected .....
« on: July 16, 2009, 02:00:18 PM »
..... nearly six full months since taking office, the sky-high price of firearms and ammunition (IF you can get ammunition at all) continues.  Every time that I go into my favorite sporting goods stores, the gun prices look like I got into a time machine twenty years from now (ie, inflated by Obama's crazed economic policies), and the ammunition shelves looks like a trip to a Soviet grocery store twenty years ago (ie, picked clean).

It's incredible:  The rush started almost immediately after the election, and there's no apparent let-up.  Ammunition manufacturer's claim to be going flat-out (and at these prices, they should), so where's it all going?

I'm not the kind who sees conspiracies around every corner, BUT how can it become so suddenly impossible to buy a legal product.  You would think that the market would eventually saturate, then availability and price would improve.  But eight months later, there's no sign of the end.

For whatever it's worth, I know a fair number of people who will quietly admit to sharply increasing their ammunition stash.  And contrary to the liberal media, it's not just a matter of fear of unavailability, but for fear that firearms and ammunition will be needed, against any number of possible contingencies.

I can't imagine that anybody here has seen anything different?