Author Topic: Traitor Republican Dick Lugar First Republican To Endorse Sotomayor  (Read 4044 times)

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Traitor Republican Dick Lugar First Republican To Endorse Sotomayor
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 07:39:30 AM »
Hello HiWarp, honestly I don't know beans about politics, however I do know the Republicans have not been using their common sense and they seem to be steering in the direction of attempting to appease their opposing party. I don't why the republicans think that kissing up is going to get them anywhere in the next elections. The democrats were lying in the last election, stealing votes through acorn, slandering the republicans left and right and hiding everything that proved obama was a crook and a muslim. The republicans have only one choice left to gain this Country back, and that is they must become vicious and agressive. Political correctness is one of the key factors for the Republicans losing their backbone and seats in Congress and in the White House.

I hate the idea that my own party has adopted a weakling attitude. That can only serve to weaken our party more.

Shalom & G-d Bless

Dox

The ironic thing is that if they grew a backbone and actually vehemently spoke against political correctness they might actually be able to energize and mobilize many of the nearly 50% of eligible voters that have given up on the political process and just don't vote for anyone.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 08:00:13 AM »
I think the politicians in both major parties have come to the conclusion that 75% of the people just vote the party line they are registered to. The 25% that are informed and vote the issues are not enough to shake up the cage much. Politicians have come to the conclusion and they are correct that the American people are (a) clueless for the most part on most issues and (b) can't be bothered taking time away from more important things like TV sitcomes and sports events and the fad of the day. Americans for the most part expect politicians to deal with the mundane issues of running the country and only become concerned when a policy directly comes down on them. The lack of expecting accountability from our elected officials have made the situation what it is. It the people doing the voting had some back bone the people in office would grow one also.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 08:01:53 AM »
I think the politicians in both major parties have come to the conclusion that 75% of the people just vote the party line they are registered to. The 25% that are informed and vote the issues are not enough to shake up the cage much. Politicians have come to the conclusion and they are correct that the American people are (a) clueless for the most part on most issues and (b) can't be bothered taking time away from more important things like TV sitcomes and sports events and the fad of the day. Americans for the most part expect politicians to deal with the mundane issues of running the country and only become concerned when a policy directly comes down on them. The lack of expecting accountability from our elected officials have made the situation what it is. It the people doing the voting had some back bone the people in office would grow one also.

Sadly, you are 100% correct.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 08:03:06 AM »

Which is precisely the reason we find ourselves in the current predicament.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline RanterMaximus

• Master JTFer
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 01:41:45 PM »
George Herbert Walker Bush was a leftist Rockefeller Republican--your point being?

as rantermaximus said "This country has no Republican Party anymore.  The fact that this ugly, hideous, racist pig can set on the highest court in America is a disgrace.  The Republicans eased up on her because they feared offending the Latino vote."
Since a republican nominated her, then this country has had "no Republican Party anymore" for quite some time.

I'll give that.  Nixon, Ford, Bush 41 and Bush 42 were all liberal leaning.  Reagan was the best Republican we had over the past forty years, and he was not perfect.  He should have fought harder for Robert Bork.